Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Packers Training Camp and Triage Center

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 23m23 minutes ago
    #Packers CB Quentin Rollins pulled his hamstring working out two weeks ago. Training staff is being careful. Remember Casey Hayward.

PLAYERS SHOULD GO BACK TO BEING SLOUCHES IN THE OFFSEASON
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

While McCarthy seldom shares why a player is absent from practice, when the coach has used the phrase he used Wednesday about TE Andrew Quarless – that he was gone for “a positive personal situation” – that has historically meant the birth of a child. That’s why it was disconcerting to hear McCarthy’s tone and word choice change so dramatically 24 hours later, after Quarless was absent from the first practice of camp.

“I do not have a feel for when he will be back. He’s dealing with a very difficult, extremely difficult family situation right now,” McCarthy said. “So he’s with his family and he’ll be gone as long as he needs to be.”
    Hope this isn't as bad as it sounds.

I swear to god this team needs to hire a group of people to figure out how to test for hamstring elasticity

Then draft based solely on that test

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I wonder if Rollins stayed in Green Bay between MC and TC or if he trained elsewhere.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I wonder if Rollins stayed in Green Bay between MC and TC or if he trained elsewhere.
    I think few players stay in Green Bay during this period unless they live there. It's their last chance to spend extended time with family for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Hope this isn't as bad as it sounds.
    Maybe the baby just strained a hamstring.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3h3 hours ago
    Matt Blanchard running scout offense today

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3h3 hours ago
    Quarless, Abbrederis and Neal not here so far. Rotheram, Collins, Crockett not practicing #Packers

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 3h3 hours ago
    No sign of Rollins (hamstring), Crockett (ankle), Quarless (personal), Abbrederis (hurt yesterday), Mike Neal (hernia) and Collins (heel).

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
    Micah Hyde first up on punt returns, Randall Cobb second.

So far Montgomery is working punt rush. No return opportunities. My guess is he'll get kickoff return reps first.

Demarious Randall getting first team reps defending the gunner on punt returns.

RB Rajion Neal has had some ball security issues. Fumbled yesterday and muffed a punt today.

Barclay working multiple spots. Went from LG on one play to RT on the next.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
    Walker, Tretter and Barclay rotating in with ones at LG. Sitton snaps being watched

Sitton not in for no huddle. He's definitely out.

Sitton not working at LG in this period. Has his helmet. May be precautionary coming off toe injury. We'll see as practice goes on.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
    Sitton taking part in final unit drill with OL. Appears to be fine although it's not a competitive drill. May be easing him back after toe.

Mulumba beats Ebbele off left side, forces ill advised throw to Perillo, picked off by Burnett

Tolzien airmails one over an open Jimmie Hunt, then Hayward breaks up pass for Coxson on next play

Blanchard deep ball to Janis should have been picked. Jean Fanor dropped it.

First play of no huddle, Hayward tips Rodgers pass and Burnett picks off. And no, he did not slide. Second of the day for 42.

Damarious Randall with a beautiful breakup on deep ball for Jimmie Hunt in single coverage. Went up to knock it out of Hunts hands

Morgan Burnett picks off a bad pass from Hundley. Jumped it down field. Long return.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h1 hour ago
    Rodgers' pass to Nelson off slant tipped by Hayward and picked by Burnett. Came after a delay of game

Lane Taylor in at LG first

TE Mitchell Henry banged up his left shoulder on a nice catch in traffic.

Randall had another nice breakup in team of Blanchard pass for Coxson.

Randall with another nice breakup. Hundley pass over the middle on third and 2.

Tolzien nice strike to Janis off a scramble.

Mike Pennel limping off after last play of competitive play of practice.

Pennel was tagging out after last team snap but is doing unit drills with DL

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 26m26 minutes ago
    New at #Packers Insiders Blog: McCarthy: Abbrederis suffered a concussion http://pck.rs/1Solkgl

Hundley getting tons of snaps in this last period. It's more of a walk-through and he's getting plenty of corrections from the coaches.

Randall seems to be showing up quite a bit. Interested to see what he does when the pads come on.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Randall seems to be showing up quite a bit. Interested to see what he does when the pads come on.
    Well, he looks like a flag-football player in pads too
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 26m26 minutes ago
    New at #Packers Insiders Blog: McCarthy: Abbrederis suffered a concussion http://pck.rs/1Solkgl
    Again? This football thing isn't gonna work out. Injury settlement time.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/320291621.html
    News of the concussion, however, brings into focus a problem explored by front office personnel at the NFL scouting combine in 2014. Executives in personnel from four teams told the Journal Sentinel at the time about what they believed to be a history of concussions for Abbrederis.

Two scouts told the newspaper Abbrederis had suffered "three or four" concussions.

"I've heard it's three or four," a personnel director for an NFL team said at the combine in 2014. "I've got to find out the depth of it. I love him, but it makes me nervous."

At the time, Abbrederis insisted he had suffered just a single concussion in September of 2012 against Oregon State. "And it wasn't even a bad one," he said at the combine.

But Abberderis also suffered head injuries on two other occassions during his collegiate career: The first came against Penn State in November of 2012, and the second against Northwestern in October of 2013.
    Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 07-31-2015 at 04:46 PM.

This just never sounds good.

New from JS: Hayward had screw put in foot to help heal stress fracture http://ift.tt/1M1Yx6b #Packers

Wilde: But when they were in nickel, Matthews was outside and rookie ILB Jake Ryan got the call next to Sam Barrington.

Wilde: But when they were in nickel, Matthews was outside and rookie ILB Jake Ryan got the call next to Sam Barrington.
    I know it's just the 2nd day of camp, but isn't that the opposite of how they did things the 2nd half of last year? Didn't Matthews play inside in nickel and outside the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I know it's just the 2nd day of camp, but isn't that the opposite of how they did things the 2nd half of last year? Didn't Matthews play inside in nickel and outside the rest?
    Nope. He was ILB in base defense and some nickel (often blitzing). OLB some nickel, all dime and other obvious passing situations.

So the nickel was a 2-4, with a slow ILB (Barrington), and a moderately slow rookie ILB (Ryan) on the field??

How far behind Lynch was Barrington on that wheel route that went for a big gainer in the NFCCG??

oy vey

Somebody within driving distance of GB needs to go dunderdummy hunting and put that SOB out of our misery!!!
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    There you go again. With perry as OLB. The 2-4 nickel can be a 3-3 depending on down and distance. SIGH
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

It's only the hand in the dirt that matters. DL means down lineman, even if Perry is positionally playing the DE everyone thinks he should be playing.

However, Ryan only recently moved inside from outside. He might be a more natural pass defender than Barrington. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    There you go again. With perry as OLB. The 2-4 nickel can be a 3-3 depending on down and distance. SIGH
    It isn't a 3-3 if you only have 2 DL inside the tackles - and that's the biggest problem with it, i.e. teams tend to run it down our throat. Aren't you absolutely sick and tired of being run over out of that alignment?? Besides, most of our front 6/7 talent resides on the DL - I'd much rather have Perry down, and Neal on the field than Perry lined up outside the tackles and 2 sluggish ILB's who are liabilities against the pass, and undermanned against the run with only 2 DL in front of them.

The way dunderdummy runs his 2-4, he all-but abandons the middle of the field, leaving 2 down linemen and 2 LB's on the 2nd level to deal with anything between the tackles. The OLB's in that alignment, unless they are running a stunt, usually fly upfield on the pass rush, and take themselves out of any running play.

It's the same old story with dunderdummy - trying to hedge his bets against the run (which he really is not), while in reality he's only concerned about the pass, and he usually doesn't defend that well either.
    wist

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 30m30 minutes ago
    Andrew Quarless has returned to practice #Packers

NOW, DON'T YOU FEEL BETTER?

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 3m3 minutes ago
    #Packers injury list is unchanged:
    WR Collins
    CB Rollins
    RB Crockett
    OT Rotheram
    WR Abbrederis
    OLB Neal

SPORTS SCIENCE IS THE BEST SCIENCE. THANK YOU GATORADE, HERB BROOKS AND CHIP KELLY

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
    Both Datone Jones and Demitri Goodson started out practice inside with the scout team while the 1s and 2s were outside.

THE YEAR OF JONES AND PERRY STARTS OFF ON A SOUR NOTE

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 37s38 seconds ago
    Mike Daniels very quick on 1-on-1 pass-rush win vs. T.J. Lang. Much quicker than my camera skills, sadly. #Packers

Robert Olson ‏@RobertOlson92 19m19 minutes ago
    .@Mike_Daniels76 just bull rushed @TJLang70...Great blow with the hands. Raji loves the Swim move. And @BBulaga stoned Peppers...nice base.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 11s11 seconds ago
    In 1 on 1 pass rush, Linsley sound in reps against Raji & Guion. Daniels wins / of 3 reps, including going 1-1 against Lang

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 16m16 minutes ago
    Jayrone Elliott with nice pass rush. Having good 1-on-1 period. (We are across the field; zoom lens not delivering.)

THIS IS VERY GOOD NEWS

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2m2 minutes ago
    Crosby and Masthay alternating on kickoffs.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3m3 minutes ago
    On first team Hyde was up back in front of Montgomery. On second team it was Rajion Neal in front of Hyde.

IN FRONT OF IS REFERRING TO AN UPBACK, BEHIND IS RETURNER. NOT RELATION TO DEPTH CHART.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 8m8 minutes ago
    Kickoff return period, returners are Hyde, Neal, Montgomery.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 20s20 seconds ago
    Jayrone Elliot stood up Justin Perillo and blew up an outside run.

HE'S A TRAINING CAMP HERO, GOT STARS IN HIS EYES ...
    HE'LL COME ALIVE TONIGHT

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m12 minutes ago
    Half line drill starting. Lots of pads popping on this run drill.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 9m9 minutes ago
    Aaron Ripkowski not afraid to hit. Man. Couple big collisions with Ryan

AARON THE RIPPER, A-A-RON YOU OVER, RIP TOWN, CONCUSSION SETTLEMENT ...

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 8m8 minutes ago
    Backman misses block. Mulumba with another would be TFL. Been active

YOU KNOW ITS EARLY IN CAMP WHEN ALL THE OLB BACKUPS HAVE GOTTEN BIG MENTIONS

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
    Lacy with s couple of nice runs in half line. Busted into the clear.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 5m5 minutes ago
    Richardson taking early rep as nickel back, that's new

PLEASE LET THAT BE PLAN Z

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1m1 minute ago
    Base 3-4 featured from L to R, Guion, Raji and Daniels upfront. Perry, Peppers outside and Matthews, Barrington inside.

SOMEONE DO HEIGHTS AND WEIGHTS ON THIS GROUP! SOFT N' SMALL!!