Thread: 2015 Packers Training Camp and Triage Center

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...323296151.html

he Packers' plan is to bring in a veteran receiver to help make up for Nelson's loss, and it's no secret in NFL circles that if the New York Giants cut James Jones, the Packers would be all over him. They also will be keeping an eye on Carolina, where Jarrett Boykin is competing for a roster spot. They might even consider Detroit's Jeremy Ross if he gets cut.

All three are former Packers who could step right into the system, and Montgomery wouldn't get in a position where he feels like he has to replace Nelson.
    Is this just speculation any fan is capable of, or does Silverstein actually have information?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...323296151.html

Is this just speculation any fan is capable of, or does Silverstein actually have information?
    I don't know what he is thinking or reporting. After Benjamin's injury in Carolina, I cannot imagine Boykin not making that team. If he doesn't, it might be a sign its time to go work at a car dealer. They have ZERO weapons at WR.

Jones at least is a possibility. He is a backup (though a backup to two players who get hurt quite a bit). Boykin might end up starting.

They cut Ross because he is loose with the football. That hasn't changed.

The more obvious move is to tell Zook to can the Monty on all ST unit approach after Nelson was injured. he is the third wideout, returning is enough.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.