Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Packers Training Camp and Triage Center

2015 Packers Training Camp and Triage Center

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 53s53 seconds ago
    Good #Packers injury news: WR Jordy Nelson (hip), CB Casey Hayward (foot) and OLB Nick Perry (shoulder) aren't on PUP/NFI lists. Good to go.

That's the good news.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m12 minutes ago
    Only three #Packers were put on PUP: WR Ricky Collins, RB John Crockett, LB Mike Neal. Means they failed their physicals.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 12m12 minutes ago
    #NFL transaction wire does not specify injuries. Crockett hurt his ankle at end of OTAs/minicamp. Neal did not practice all offseason.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 14m14 minutes ago
    The #Packers have put rookie CB Quentin Rollins on the reserve / non-football injury list, according to NFL transactions.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m12 minutes ago
    All the surgery guys: Jordy Nelson, Abbrederis, Barclay, Mulumba, Boyd as well as CB Casey Hayward did pass their physicals.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If Rollins is on the reserve/nfi list, does that mean he didn't even attempt a physical? And what heppened to him?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 29m29 minutes ago
    Clarification on Rollins: Non-football injury generally is for guys hurt training on their own since minicamp. Guion & Worthy last year.
    1 retweet 0 favorites
    Hope he wasn't playing with fireworks.

Didn't pass physical but the injury occurred while on his own, usually that is while they are working out. Unless it was the July 4th weekend.

On Rollins -

I'll take, Packers with hamstring Injuries for $200 Alex.

- pure speculation

I wonder if he was using the Casey Hayward Workout Routine - running without stretching.

I thought stretching, like free weights, was now off limits?

Someone tell red to stop drinking. Rollins will be OK. Its only a hamstring!

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 1h1 hour ago
    A slight hamstring injury landed #Packers rookie CB Quinten Rollins on the NFI, per a source. It's minor, and he's expected to be fine.

What's going on with Neal??
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    He didn't practice all off season and someone posted earlier it might be related to an injury he had during last season.

Bit odd because Nelson and Perry both had surgery and are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Someone tell red to stop drinking. Rollins will be OK. Its only a hamstring!

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 1h1 hour ago
    A slight hamstring injury landed #Packers rookie CB Quinten Rollins on the NFI, per a source. It's minor, and he's expected to be fine.
    Bah, just IR him now cause you know he's going to come back too soon, pull it again and be hampered all year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Recovering from off-season hernia surgery.
    Perry (shoulder) and Neal (hernia) missed the off-season after undergoing post-season surgery.
    I'm no doctor but I believe the surgery is typically performed to prevent recurring hernias so hopefully that's one injury he can get past with no problems.

Camp reports to follow but these deserves to be first.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 6m6 minutes ago
    Charlie Peprah is here. I'd guess as a football intern

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 4m4 minutes ago
    Nothing unusual in CB personnel. Shields & Hayward at outside CBs, Hyde slot with No. 1 nickel

Former Packer with an unknown injury - Flynn landed on the Patriot's NFI list.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Following along with the Packer Training camp updates. Sounds like Shields came up gimpy on a play, but appears ok for now.

Summary: Shields leaves, comes back, leaves again, then comes back again.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Following along with the Packer Training camp updates. Sounds like Shields came up gimpy on a play, but appears ok for now.

Summary: Shields leaves, comes back, leaves again, then comes back again.

Edit: Turns out it was a shoe problem

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
    Matthews starting out at ILB in the base 3-4.

OLBs are Perry on the left and Peppers on the right. Shields and Hayward are the starting CBs.

DL is right to left: Guion, Raji and Daniels.

New from JS: Live coverage: Packers open 2015 training camp http://ift.tt/1KAVEJ5 #Packers

Former #Packers S Charlie Peprah here. He's interning with either the coaching or personnel staff.

Datone Jones getting plenty of work despite one-game suspension. Both he and Guion probably won't see a reduction

Undrafted rookie CB Ladarius Gunter getting some valuable reps with the defense with Rollins out.

Team tackling drill.

Interesting they gave Gunter No. 36. Wonder how @leap36 and @nickdapick36 feel about undrafted FA getting their number. And he's from the U.

Pretty good indication of @ClayMatthews52 future: started at ILB in base and is doing drills with ILBs not OLBs. #Packers

Still no sign of Quarless at practice. McCarthy said something Wed about him having a personal matter. Not sure if it's arrest related.

First TV timeout of camp. Not hip enough to know the artist or song being blasted.

Eddie Lacy just got thrown two balls at once in pass drill with no defense. Didn't catch either.

Backup QBs taking all the throws in receiver route drill.

Rodgers has tossed some check downs. It's one way to save his arm a little with 4 QBs in camp.

Mike Neal out on the sideline now. Not practicing.

Punt practice. Cobb, Javess Blue and Abbrederis returning. No Montgomery. He's playing scout team rush.

On punt returns, expect Montgomery and Hyde to field punts when the return unit isn't scout team. This is punt cover.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
    First team drill. Team run.

Guion with a nice pressure on Rodgers on play action. Then Raji draws holding penalty on Linsley.

Ladarius Gunter picks off Rodgers on fade to Abbrederis down left sideline.

Tom Silverstein retweeted
    Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
    Sam Shields tweaked something away from the ball on a passing play. He stayed in one more play and then coaches called for a sub.

Rajion Neal has ball popped loose from behind by LB Jemauria Rasco. First fumble of the day.

Jayrone Elliott first sub for Julius Peppers at ROLB.

Demarion's Randall takes away route Rodgers wants with good coverage on Montgomery. Forced to scramble.

Rodgers gets one back on Gunter. Hits Myles White down the seam for about 20 yards.

TE Kennard Blackman with a bad drop on slant from Tolzien

Micah Hyde picks off Blanchard in 11 on 11.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 56m56 minutes ago
    During the break, Shields went into the Hutson Center and has not returned.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 54m54 minutes ago
    Hayward replaces Shields at RCB and Randall goes in on left side.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 52m52 minutes ago
    Matthews getting turns outside in the nickel opposite Peppers. Barring ton, Palmer inside

Tom Silverstein retweeted
    Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 53m53 minutes ago
    Shields is back again, joining the drill halfway through. Will be interesting to hear what he says later about the tweak.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 35m35 minutes ago
    Crosby was 6 of 8. Missed from 40 and 45. The miss from 45 was with P Cody Mandell as holder. The rest were with Masthay.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 34m34 minutes ago
    Into no huddle drill

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 30m30 minutes ago
    Rodgers to Cobb low down the middle for 18 on third and 11. Second team in now.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 26m26 minutes ago
    Tolzien hits CB Randall in the thigh when Coxson appears to cut off route. End of no huddle.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 18m18 minutes ago
    Winding down with walk-through type drills.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11m11 minutes ago
    Don't see Abbrederis in offense drills. May be inside doing something. Will check at McCarthy's presser.

Post Practice M3 PC

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 19m19 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Definitely got off to a fast start. The tempo of practice is what I was looking for. #PackersCamp

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 19m19 minutes ago
    Nine presnap penalties today, McCarthy laments.
    Abbrederis being examined after falling hard to turf on INT.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 10m10 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I don't think it was his knee (for Abbrederis).

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 6m6 minutes ago
    To summarize, Jared Abbrederis got hurt falling down on INT play, but McCarthy said he doesn't think it's related surgically repaired knee.

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 14m14 minutes ago
    McCarthy not sure when #Packers TE Andrew Quarless will be back. "He's dealing with an extremely difficult family situation right now."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 16m16 minutes ago
    Nelson hasn't missed a beat. Hurdle is how he feels tomorrow and following practices down the line.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
    Palmer working as No. 3 inside linebacker. MM calls him a "natural football player."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
    MM doesn't think Neal will be out long. Neal says he's ready. No timeline for him. Crockett will be out "longer" than hoped.