Thread: Julius Peppers: Really Good Article

Julius Peppers: Really Good Article

It trends slightly to fluffy status, though that's not disqualifying since the greatest sin Peppers has been accused of is coasting on his physical talent. (at least that I am aware of).

But Bob has done yeoman's work to get Peppers to open up and Peppers quotes make this story a great read. Once again, a vet I disliked intensely on other teams, seems far more sensible, mature and likable after a rare Packer FA signing. Either I am too fan gullible or way too quick to judge. Actually, that's probably the same thing.

And you get to hear his version of the Reggie White hump move again. From Howie Long to Reggie White to Julius Peppers, that's a pretty good lineage for a hump.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...323341541.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Any Packerrats guilty of this?
    In some defensive calls, Peppers will be asked to "squeeze" the play and force the ball carrier inside. In other defenses, his job is to "spill" the play so the ball carrier has to run laterally and into his pursuing teammates.

"That's why, if you're watching a TV copy of the game, or even if you're watching the coaches' film, you see a guy go in, and he gets reached (blocked), you're like, 'Oh, that guy lost contain,'" Peppers said. "But really, that's the defense."

Not too many can say this after 13 season:

Peppers has never suffered a concussion or undergone surgery. He sees no reason why his body would limit his lifestyle after football.
    I sure hope McGinn hasn't jinxed him.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Once again, a vet I disliked intensely on other teams, seems far more sensible, mature and likable after a rare Packer FA signing. Either I am too fan gullible or way too quick to judge. Actually, that's probably the same thing.
    You are being too harsh on yourself. You should realize by now that the ghosts of Packers past quickly reform hated opponents who became Packers late in their careers. The dirtbags experience an epiphany upon entering Lambeau field wearing green and gold, and being greeted by a Packers crowd.

All kidding aside, Charles Woodson mostly confessed to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    You are being too harsh on yourself. You should realize by now that the ghosts of Packers past quickly reform hated opponents who became Packers late in their careers. The dirtbags experience an epiphany upon entering Lambeau field wearing green and gold, and being greeted by a Packers crowd.

All kidding aside, Charles Woodson mostly confessed to that.
    I think Charles did do an about face, but it was more about his expectations of playing in Green Bay versus a general character change. Though he did credit M3 with getting him to buy in.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bobby Douglass. Jim McMahon.

The list is long and distinguished.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think Charles did do an about face, but it was more about his expectations of playing in Green Bay versus a general character change. Though he did credit M3 with getting him to buy in.
    Naaaaaah. It was a couple of nameless schmoes at a traffic light.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    In some defensive calls, Peppers will be asked to "squeeze" the play and force the ball carrier inside. In other defenses, his job is to "spill" the play so the ball carrier has to run laterally and into his pursuing teammates.

"That's why, if you're watching a TV copy of the game, or even if you're watching the coaches' film, you see a guy go in, and he gets reached (blocked), you're like, 'Oh, that guy lost contain,'" Peppers said. "But really, that's the defense."
    I thought losing contain meant being the last guy on the edge and letting the play go outside of you.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I thought losing contain meant being the last guy on the edge and letting the play go outside of you.

yeah, but on some plays the guy rushing from the edge may not have 'edge' responsibility. Another inside guy has that responsibility - he 'spills' outside.

(edit: perhaps there's a confusion of terms, which I didn't help. The inside guy going outside is a 'scrape' not a 'spill.' whatever the terms, if Peppers' assignment is to crash inside, someone else will have the outside contain)
    Last edited by mraynrand; 09-01-2015 at 08:30 AM. Reason: too many spills
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Yeah, I see, I was just reading Peppers's explanation funny.