Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Packers Training Camp and Triage Center

Are the guys practicing today?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Actually, that is one other remarkable thing, there aren't too many Packer retreads in camp. If they leave, they stay away.
    Not too many came back to David Koresh either, once they escaped the compound.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Are the guys practicing today?
    12:45. I was gonna go, but too damn hot. Gonna be mid-80's and humid by then. Maybe Monday.

McGinn drinking the Quinten Rollins Kool-Aid. I agree with him. He was my favorite pick of this year's draft.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...321944271.html

Look at the way he covered Thursday night.

On a back-shoulder fade 15 yards downfield, Rollins was in perfect position and knew just when to reach and break it up.

On two take-off routes, he tracked the ball just the way all the scouts said he did at Miami, turned back at the right time and came within an eyelash of intercepting both passes.

When running back James White moved into the flat, Rollins broke up quickly from zone coverage and laid out the former Wisconsin Badger with a wicked cross-body block to force an incompletion.

On a bubble screen, he saw it instantly, sifted through interference and helped limit the gain to 1 yard with a low, knifing, aggressive force.

Rollins wasn't the least bit intimidated in New England, just like he hasn't been in facing Nelson, Cobb and Adams at Nitschke Field.

He understands where the ball is headed and where he should be positioned to make a play on it.

He plays more athletically and with more speed than he tested last spring.

He has terrific hands, more than adequate size and a physical and mental toughness that should bode well for his future.

I am hoping the reporters were also right about Randall playing well in camp. Having both plus Gunter gives them a lot of options and skill sets.

I really hope Gunter makes it, he's the one specimen they have back there.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I really hope Gunter makes it, he's the one specimen they have back there.
    racist. But really, he is quite athletic and seems to have a knack. Shields2015
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    racist. But really, he is quite athletic and seems to have a knack. Shields2015
    Meant big. Like a backup center in hoops, you use his five fouls to wear out Julio Jones. The new House.
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-15-2015 at 09:52 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Gunter doesn't have the speed to recover from a mistake that Shields does. If he's going to be successful, he needs to be AlHarris2015.

This is Wilde doing a terrible job of helping Rodgers take a shot at Russell Wilson (without naming Wilson) on behalf of his buddy Matt Flynn.

Unlike some other quarterbacks – ones who shall remain nameless here – Rodgers isn’t one of those guys who works hard for show, or will tell you in great detail about how he’s the first one in the building and last to leave every day. Much like his position on sharing his religious beliefs (he espouses the St. Francis of Assisi approach to spreading the Gospel), Rodgers doesn’t want to hear about how hard you work. He wants to see it.
    The article is about how Tolzien has earned everyone's trust (except Bretsky's) as the #2 QB.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...1071&is_corp=1
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-15-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    McGinn drinking the Quinten Rollins Kool-Aid. I agree with him. He was my favorite pick of this year's draft.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...321944271.html
    Same article on Barclay:

The assumption would be that Barclay will start improving soon. Still, the Packers have to be worried.

It was noteworthy that Josh Walker, who played 35 snaps at right guard, was reinserted at right tackle for the 10-play final series after rookie Fabbians Ebbele struggled there in one series following Barclay's departure.

Walker, a bulky power player, moved into contention to become the No. 3 guard with a strong performance (one pressure, one "bad" run). The Patriots were playing the dregs by the time Walker shifted to right tackle, but he didn't have a glaring bad play there.

Walker's scouting report from 2014 sounds like he's strictly a Guard though. If Barclay continues to struggle, there is still the question of who is the backup RT.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/G/Josh-Walker

Positive: Three-year starter awarded all-conference honors as a senior. Strong, stout offensive lineman best in a small area. Quick into blocks, stays square, and explosive at the point of attack. Plays with a nasty attitude, jolts defenders with good hand punch, and turns them from the line. Effective run blocker and opens up the lanes.

Negative: Marginally athletic and ineffective blocking in motion. Does not show great footwork in space.

Analysis: Walker is a size prospect offering potential in a run-oriented system.

Walker's scouting report from 2014 sounds like he's strictly a Guard though. If Barclay continues to struggle, there is still the question of who is the backup RT.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/G/Josh-Walker
    Its not good, but right now Barclay's scouting report makes him a Division II backup.

Its not good, but right now Barclay's scouting report makes him a Division II backup.
    Barclay's report IMHO suggests he has a little more ability as an OT but is not as powerful a run blocker as Walker. http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2012/G/Don-Barclay

Blog Entries
    i have seen any practices , but based on his performance in that game, it appears Barclay is going to need another year to get back to where he was before the ACL. He was brutal. I agree that back-up tackle looks like a huge concern right now. Hopefully someone steps up.

Right now Tretter is listed on the depth chart only as the 2nd string center. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start to get some reps at OT as the preseason progresses.

12:45. I was gonna go, but too damn hot. Gonna be mid-80's and humid by then. Maybe Monday.
    I wish it was only in the mid 80's here. Right now it is 91° with a 72° dew point.

Blog Entries
    Right now Tretter is listed on the depth chart only as the 2nd string center. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start to get some reps at OT as the preseason progresses.
    Yeah I agree. With reps, time to prepare, and some help - along with Rodgers being able to see pressure from that side and his mobility in the pocket, I think they could compensate.

Lang could move out too but that creates musical chairs along the line which you'd obviously prefer to avoid if possible.

Barclay was serviceable in pass pro when he was 100%. Anything less than that is a problem.

Barclay very much looks like a bubble boy. The point in his favor is game experience. Plus I imagine he is cheap. The coaches will be rooting for him to progress, but he is just a marginal guy.

smh

lol

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    smh

lol
    Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 6h6 hours ago
    Hottest practice of the year. Lasted about 90 minutes.
    See?