Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Packers Training Camp and Triage Center

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 39m39 minutes ago
    McCarthy on injuries: David Bakhtiari (knee) is on a program that will keep him out a week. Clay Matthews won't practice today (elbow).

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 39m39 minutes ago
    MM on young TEs: Rodgers has jumped to front of class, practiced very well. Everyone else banging away, special teams need to make mark

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 38m38 minutes ago
    MM on if ever do joint practice: i have thought about it, situation here unique, never take this team out of GB.With new CBA not open to it

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 38m38 minutes ago
    MM on getting 33 snaps from starting O at NE: that was goal, play fast, as many plays as possible. Way been playing for couple years.
    Now an Elbow injury for Mathews? SMH

Clay is very consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Clay is very consistent.
    I'm starting to think he doesn't like practice or Training camp.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m8 minutes ago
    Welcome to #Packers practice. Two significant returns from injury: OLB Nick Perry and CB Casey Hayward.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 9m9 minutes ago
    Nick Perry back practicing today, Bruce Gaston also

MATTHEWS IN PADS DESPITE ELBOW M3 MENTIONED

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 18m18 minutes ago
    Demetri Goodson still sitting out of today's padded practice

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m5 minutes ago
    DL Letroy Guion (hamstring) is back after a long absence. We'll see how many reps he gets.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3m3 minutes ago
    Casey Hayward bumping to slot in dime. Rollins on boundary

Not seeing Morgan Burnett. Hyde and Richardson working next to Ha Clinton Dix

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2m2 minutes ago
    #Packers DNPs: Blue, Glover-Wright, Goodson, Sebetic, Burnett, Bakhtiari, Daniels, Perillo, Abbrederis

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 5m5 minutes ago
    Full list not practicing:
    Blue
    Glover-Wright
    Goodson
    Sebetic
    Burnett
    Bakhtiari
    Daniels
    Perillo
    Abbrederis
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I'm starting to think he doesn't like practice or Training camp.
    He has practiced twice (including today) after having it announced he was banged up. Possibly a conscious effort to remind people it happens all the time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He has practiced twice (including today) after having it announced he was banged up. Possibly a conscious effort to remind people it happens all the time.
    Probably just a hint of things to come, the ever talented but delicate Clay mathews.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 33m33 minutes ago
    Shields blankets M White on one side, Cobb turns Rollins around on another.

ROLLINS STILL OVER RANDALL, EVEN GETTING OUTSIDE REPS WITH HAYWARD ON FIELD

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 34m34 minutes ago
    Davante Adams with one hand pulls in a Tolzien pass. Gained separation from Gunter on a go route

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 32m32 minutes ago
    Adams slips against Rollins and catches a short pass while on his back.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 31m31 minutes ago
    Hayward nice break up on pass down the middle to Pinkard.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 31m31 minutes ago
    Gunter with his hands all over Janis. Definite penalty.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 30m30 minutes ago
    Adams having a nice day. Just dropped Rollins to his knees with a triple move.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 28m28 minutes ago
    Tolzien to Adams deep on S Sean Richardson. No match.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 21m21 minutes ago
    #Packers INJ report (1/2):
    New: Burnett
    Still out: Blue, Glover-Wright, Goodson, Sebetic, Burnett, Bakhtiari, Daniels, Perillo, Abbrederis.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 18m18 minutes ago
    #Packers INJ report (2/2):
    Returned to practice: Hayward, Perry, Guion, Gaston.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 19m19 minutes ago
    Although Lb Clay Matthews is (unexpectedly) in pads, he is not with the #Packers No. 1 defense right now.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 13m13 minutes ago
    Spears hauls in nice over the shoulder deep ball from Blanchard

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11m11 minutes ago
    Like Matthews, Perry not taking part in 11 on 11s right now.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 9m9 minutes ago
    Don Barclay still working as #Packers No. 1 left tackle with Bakhtiari out.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 4m4 minutes ago
    OLB Nick Perry now on the field for an 11-on-11 snap. #Packers

CONTRACT DRIVE BEGINS ANEW

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1m1 minute ago
    Adams catching a lot of passes today both in one on ones and team

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2m2 minutes ago
    Rodgers to Con a hard slant. Got the ball to him as he was really accelerating.

NOT AS FUN AS TRAMONTANA, BUT STILL CON AIR FOR COBB COULD BE FUN

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m5 minutes ago
    Perry finally in on 11 on 11s. Gets a couple snaps with the 1s.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 16s16 seconds ago
    Jake Ryan breaks up pass intended for White from Hundley. Showed some ups

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 4m4 minutes ago
    Casey Hayward, back from quadriceps injury, getting lots of work.

No one covers Harold Spears and Hundley completes deep pass off back foot in scout offense vs one D

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 19m19 minutes ago
    Brett Hundley leading #Packers backups on offense vs. backups on defense in 2-minute drill.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 19m19 minutes ago
    In 1 on 1 pass rush, Don Barclay had one bad set (vs Neal) and one good one (vs Rasco) at LT.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 18m18 minutes ago
    Chris Banjo can't hold onto an INT of Hundley. New life for offense.

STRONG WIND DURING DRIVE

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 16m16 minutes ago
    Offense facing fourth-and-1 at defense's 44-yard line and Hundley hits Harris out of backfield to keep drive alive with just :16 left.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 15m15 minutes ago
    Hundley completes sideline pass to the 26. 6 seconds left.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 15m15 minutes ago
    Hundley rolls and throws incomplete into the end zone crowd to end 2-minute and today's practice.

Barclay got smoked by Neal on the first snap of team period, but looked okay rest of the way...

Most beat writers skipped practice to write about the Packer Development called Titletown Development Park and Brew Pub. Will house a Kohler Resort Hotel (some rooms under $200/night not on game weekends) promising to be a 4 star hotel (2nd round pick - you won't catch Al Michaels dead there), Hinterland Brewery and a Bellin Sports Clinic for Matthews, Neal and Perry.

They might also add a trampoline park and bowling. But even if they don't, Murphy promises families will always be able to afford the outdoor plaza. The pictures of the plaza set in winter include an ice-skating rink, however no final decisions about what the plaza will include have been made. Murphy promises the public will be involved with plans because they plan to use focus groups. I wonder if Murphy actually thinks a focus group is the same as asking for public input.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5h5 hours ago
    Training camp practice No. 14 #Packers

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 4h4 hours ago
    No Morgan Burnett again today

The #Packers DNPs: Blue, Goodson, Sebetic, Bakhtiari, Daniels, Perillo and Abbrederis

Crosby misses 33-yard extra point wide right then hits from 38 left hash, 41LH, 43RH, 47RH, 50LH #Packers

FIRE ZOOK.COM

Kyle Sebetic is practicing today. Has helmet

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3h3 hours ago
    Barrington and Randall with picks in red zone but scout offense working off cards #GetTheBallOut

HEALTHIER AND HEALTHIER

We had a scuffle between Ryan White and looked like possibly Vince Kowalski but not certain

Before that, Kennard Backman brought in nice catch in seam

Having tough time distinguishing pattern with CBs. Randall just worked opposite Shields with Hayward in slot

ROOTING FOR FIRST ROUND PICK TO SUCCEED WITHOUT CAVEATS

Sebetic out here but haven't seen him to anything

WOODY ALLEN (OR SOMEONE WOODY ALLEN QUOTED) SAID 90% OF LIFE IS JUST SHOWING UP

Christian Ringo, who had a good showing in one on ones, nearly picks off on a screen. 12 then hits Nelson in stride for TD

HE IS GOING TO STICK AND SO WILL PENNEL

Randall jumps out route on Tolzien pass intended for Pinkard and nearly picks it

3 MENTIONS TODAY, NONE OF THEM FOR GETTING ICE

Rodgers hits Rodgers on two point try

WHAT'S THE VECTOR VICTOR?

Some playful hooting and hollering between offense and defense during goal line

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
    Practice is over after 2:09

Red Zone woes

Thumbs down

Almost all the Packers’ 11-on-11 work starting last week through the end of camp has one side of the ball running scout team of the upcoming opponent. For instance, when the offense is going against scout team defense, it’s usually facing second-and-third stringers running somebody else’s scheme.

So it jumps out when the scout team outperforms the other side of the ball in a practice period. And on Thursday, that happened when the Packers’ offense failed to get in the end zone against the scout-team defense on several plays during a spirited red-zone period.

On one play from the 5, Rodgers and Davante Adams failed to connect on a short out pattern. Two plays later, on a two-point conversion attempt, tight end Andrew Quarless dropped a throw that was on the money. And on the play after that, another two-point try, Rodgers’ short throw to running back Eddie Lacy at the goal line was broken up by inside linebacker Carl Bradford.

Later, the scout-team defense stuffed the No. 3 offense on three straight running plays. On the first, halfback John Crockett fumbled on a run from the 5. The other two were from the 2. Defensive lineman Bruce Gaston broke through and dropped Alonzo Harris for a one-yard loss on one, and several defenders engulfed Harris at the line on the other.

Defensive players celebrated like they’d won a game. Good for them. Not so good for an offense working against the scout team.
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ense/32088769/

Red Zone woes
    They need a 6'5" or taller TE for the Red Zone, if anything just to be a decoy so someone else can get open. I wanted them to either draft or sign a Tall TE just for this reason, but no one listens to me.

They need to try and use Peppers again in these situations. It almost worked last time, then it was scrapped.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    They need a 6'5" or taller TE for the Red Zone, if anything just to be a decoy so someone else can get open. I wanted them to either draft or sign a Tall TE just for this reason, but no one listens to me.

They need to try and use Peppers again in these situations. It almost worked last time, then it was scrapped.

+1
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Morgan Burnett missed practice this week, but not for injury, he was excused for personal reasons.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...time/32156993/

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...work/32086785/

Extra points

-Cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt had only a few hours to get Ryan White ready to play after the defensive back re-signed with the Packers prior to last Thursday’s preseason game against New England.

White, who went to camp with the Packers last summer, ended up playing 10 snaps against the Patriots because of injuries in the secondary.

“I think Ryan graduated with like a 4.0. He’s really smart,” Whitt said. “I didn’t meet with him until the day of the game that morning and we just went through some recall things. … He’s smart. He understands the nickel and the dime. I thought he went in the game and did a really nice job, especially with just one meeting.”

-Rookie defensive lineman Christian Ringo continued his best week of camp on Thursday, picking up wins over offensive linemen Garth Gerhart and Vince Kowalski during one-on-one drills.

The sixth-round pick out of Louisiana-Lafayette also nearly picked off Rodgers on a screen pass when he was working on the defensive scout team later during a red-zone period.

“That’s a d-lineman’s dream to get an interception or fumble. I let that one pass me by,” Ringo laughed. “When I get into a rhythm like that, I can mix it up like that. I had a good rhythm going that day. I’m just going to try to continue to keep it going. Hopefully carry it over to Sunday.”

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 6h6 hours ago
    Practice has begun. Clay Matthews and Mike Daniels are working in the jog thru. Looks like they're both cleared.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 6h6 hours ago
    Guion went inside with scout defense. Three game suspension in the air

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 6h6 hours ago View translation
    #Packers DNPs: Blue, Tolzien, Bakhtiari, Lang, Sitton, Perillo, Abbrederis, Nelson and Datone Jones

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 6h6 hours ago
    Jeff Janis outside with scout offense. Pinkard just pulled a nice pass down across the middle in walk through

MONTY AHEAD OF JANIS TODAY

Players are practicing in shells. Expecting s short practice.

McCarthy is out with the defense today while the offense does its jog thru inside.

Morgan Burnett is back and practicing in full.

Daniels matthews and Burnett all took first snaps with starting defense

Cornerback Demetri Goodson is back practicing after a long absence (calf).

No sign of Josh Sitton, who McCarthy said hurt his ankle vs. Pittsburgh.

DE Datone Jones is sidelined with a right leg injury. He got body whipped while hitting the QB vs. Pitt .

Datone Jones missed practice with a knee

CONTRACT DRIVE STATUS: STALLED

Of course, no Scott Tolzien because of s concussion.

TJ lang also out with a concussion.

First team line is Barclay, Taylor, Linsley, Walker and Bulaga

Hundley drops in nice pass to Montgomery on deep fade over white and banjo

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5h5 hours ago
    DL and OL are working on stunts right now. Josh Walker working some RG in place of Lang.

Montgomery, Adams and Hyde fielding kickoffs.

WR Randall Cobb on his back catching balls off the jugs machine with his feet pointed away from the machine.

SERIOUSLY, NOT MORE THAN A WEEK AGO I READ ABOUT SOME OTHER RECEIVER DOING THIS. ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER IT?

Montgomery, Cobb and Ed Williams fielding punts for the scout team.

Starting OL in team from L to R is Barclay, Walker, Linsley, Taylor and Bulaga.

Montgomery with over the head catch from Hundley on deep corner route. Got both feet down. Good throw,good catch.

Blanchard follows up with a quacker on a deep ball to Ed Williams.

Daniels back in his traditional inside rush position in the nickel. Matthews there at ILB, too.

Hayward with a nice diving INT of Blanchard.

Hayward with nice diving pick. Crockett and Pinkard with nice hand catches against starting D

No. 1 defense getting a lot of work today. Only rookie corner in the mix is Randall outside in the dime.

RANDALL AHEAD OF ROLLINS OUTSIDE. NOT SURE ABOUT NICKEL, MIGHT BE HYDE PLUS SAM AND CASEY

First time since he got hurt, WR Jared Abbrederis is watching practice on the side. Must be getting close. #Packers

Janis, from the slot, runs a nice curl and completes pass from Hundley

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 5h5 hours ago
    Brett Hundley with a quacking duck that it's hard to tell who was the intended receiver. Ha Ha easily INTs.

#Packers No. 1 nickel defense with 76, 52 in:

29 90 76 33 37
    96 58 52 56
    42 21

THAT'S HYDE IN NICKEL OVER ROLLINS

#Packers' No. 1 offense without 87, 69, 71, 70:

17 67 65 63 79 75 18 88
    89 12

Typically a sign that a player is near the end of protocol

TE Justin Perillo (concussion) also watching practice. He and Abbrederis both have their jerseys on as though they've been training inside.

Josh Sitton and David Bakhtiari out here watching o-linemen in individual drills

Abbrederis joining his teammates at practice for the first time since suffering a concussion. He just watched.

First team line is Barclay, Taylor, Linsley, Walker and Bulaga
    Does MM put Arod out there Saturday night with possibly 2 starters on OL on the bench?

Please no MM....feed Toz and Hundley to the lions.
    C.H.U.D.