Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Packers Training Camp and Triage Center

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Please no MM....feed Toz and Hundley to the lions.
    Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Eagles.
    After what Bradford went through last game maybe the coaches can agree to no tackling at all. Just a friendly game of touch football.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
    Tackling drill at #Packers practice. Second to last practice open to the public.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
    Myles White out here with scout offense today. Janis, outside yesterday, inside with starters

#Packers same 9 DNPs: Datone Jones, Nelson, Abbrederis, Perillo, Sitton, Lang, Bakhtiari, Tolzien, Blue

After taking handful of snaps inside against Pittsburgh, James Vaughters stationed there in individual drills. Doing same in combo

THIS KID IS GETTING SOME RUN LATE IN CAMP

Bakhtiari (knee), Sitton (ankle) and Lang (concussion) still out.

OLB Nick Perry is working all drills today. Sat out yesterday.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h1 hour ago
    Randall working LCB in dime with Hayward moving inside

YESTERDAY IT WAS HYDE AT NICKEL, HAYWARD INSIDE

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
    Hundley starting out as QB in first team run drill. He and Blanchard both working with the 1s. Could be a sign we won't see 12 much Sat.

Rodgers took just one of the six snaps in the red zone offense drill.

Check that. Rodgers throwing one on one with the wideouts and DBs. Never mind.

Gunter is always in contact with the WR. Somehow he avoids flags. Not sure how.

SIGN HIM TO AN EXTENSION NOW.
    SERIOUSLY, THAT IS ONE BENEFIT OF BEING BIG AT CB. PHYSICAL PLAY IS LESS OBVIOUSLY AN OUTRIGHT EFFORT TO CIRCUMVENT THE RULES

Crosby stays hot, hitting 6 of 6 FGs. From 33, 37, 42, 44, 48 and 52.

In team pressure drill, Rodgers takes 1 snap with 1s, Hundley 2 snaps and Blanchard 1.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago
    #Packers No. 1 offensive line today with 69, 71 and 70 still out with injuries:

67 65 63 79 75
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hundley showing nice touch in red zone with corner throw to R Rodgers for 17-yard TD.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h1 hour ago
    Rich Rodgers with nice leaping snag in red zone pass from Hundley. Dragged his feet with Fanor in coverage

Hundley hits two WRs in the hands in end zone playing scout team vs. No. 1 defense. Both dropped them.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 28m28 minutes ago
    And now Myles White and Larry Pinkard catching balls off JUGS machine on ground

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 47m47 minutes ago
    #Packers No. 2 QB Scott Tolzien not practicing but he is out here watching drills.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 53m53 minutes ago
    Defense wins two minute. Sacks Hundley

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 32m32 minutes ago
    Myles White to slow after collision in team

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 28m28 minutes ago
    And white is back in

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 35m35 minutes ago
    Tim Masthay either killed the punt or squibbed. Little grey area on his 13 attempts. 48.2 average distance, 4.2 hang

STILL INCONSISTENT

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 30m30 minutes ago
    As the case yesterday, Lane Taylor is replacing Josh Sitton at left guard and Josh Walker is replacing Lang at RG.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 21m21 minutes ago
    Hundley giving the defense a read-option look in preparation for Philly. Nice looking keeper.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 30m30 minutes ago
    Most consecutive reps I've seen Aaron Rodgers take in an 11-on-11 period today is 3. #Packers

ONE SERIES VERSUS PHILLY
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1m1 minute ago
    Alonzo Harris (hand) is today's only injury update

THEY DISCOVERED TODAY THAT HE ONLY HAS ONE, WHICH EXPLAINS ALOT OF HIS PERFORMANCE

Greg Auman ‏@gregauman 4h4 hours ago
    New punter Jake Schum said Bucs called day after Jets cut him last week. Also worked out for Packers on Friday. Three-way battle now ...

Maybe the other punter WAS a schmuck. Though this guy may have simply been in to update the Packers emergency list.

If you can't hold on kicks for Crosby, you're gonna have to really outkick the incumbent. Wouldn't doubt personality played a role, too. I'm sure Schum won't be the last guy they workout. Masthay's been consistently inconsistent.
    McGinn should write a column about how we need to get bigger, faster, stronger, meaner at P.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Please no MM....feed Toz and Hundley to the lions.
    Tolzien won't play on Saturday. He is going thru the concussion protocols.

But Masthay is already one of the fastest punters in the league... 4.7 isn't bad

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3h3 hours ago
    The #Packers have signed Lafayette WR James Butler (6-3, 217) after tryout. He's a former teammate of Christian Ringo and Alonzo Harris.

Seems more likely than not that Jordy AND Magic are to going to make the team.

There was discussion earlier in this thread about why Rodgers' INT's were up in camp. We have our answer.

MM was leaking signals to the defense in an effort to improve their communication and IQ.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...rthy/71280854/
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    There was discussion earlier in this thread about why Rodgers' INT's were up in camp. We have our answer.

MM was leaking signals to the defense in an effort to improve their communication and IQ.

Even if it doesn't work, I love it.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...323296151.html

he Packers' plan is to bring in a veteran receiver to help make up for Nelson's loss, and it's no secret in NFL circles that if the New York Giants cut James Jones, the Packers would be all over him. They also will be keeping an eye on Carolina, where Jarrett Boykin is competing for a roster spot. They might even consider Detroit's Jeremy Ross if he gets cut.

All three are former Packers who could step right into the system, and Montgomery wouldn't get in a position where he feels like he has to replace Nelson.
    Is this just speculation any fan is capable of, or does Silverstein actually have information?

I think JJ is plausible, but I really doubt it with Boykin and Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post

great, so the defense hasn't improved, they're just cheating

can't wait for them all to stand around and look at each other after the first long touchdown is given up with all the younger guys wondering why they weren't told the other teams play

part of practice is letting the defense learn how to read and react. tough to learn that when they don't have to do it

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    great, so the defense hasn't improved, they're just cheating

can't wait for them all to stand around and look at each other after the first long touchdown is given up with all the younger guys wondering why they weren't told the other teams play

part of practice is letting the defense learn how to read and react. tough to learn that when they don't have to do it
    Really depends on what he told them. If he gave them the Packer calls, then they are cheating. If he told them how to read a an offense pre snap, then it might be legit. The article doesn't say if he gave them the checks, or how to know dummy calls. I kinda doubt he did that. Would be useless during the season.

I love that he is doing this, but I hope is systemic and an interactive approach. If its a one off, noticed this on film, here is a hint, then it might be of limited use during the season. Might even get them caught looking for a certain play or player. If he is teaching the defense how to read the offense like the O normally does in reverse, it might lead to better audibles if the Packer D alignment calls can be used quickly.

Could also help the D get into the most favorable alignment without making a call. If you don't want the Seahawks to pull in a TE to block, you might refrain from making an alignment adjustment because your film study plus knowledge of the QB tells you that will happen if you drop a safety to a Robber spot versus 1 RB, 2TE, 1 WR

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...323296151.html

Is this just speculation any fan is capable of, or does Silverstein actually have information?
    I don't know what he is thinking or reporting. After Benjamin's injury in Carolina, I cannot imagine Boykin not making that team. If he doesn't, it might be a sign its time to go work at a car dealer. They have ZERO weapons at WR.

Jones at least is a possibility. He is a backup (though a backup to two players who get hurt quite a bit). Boykin might end up starting.

They cut Ross because he is loose with the football. That hasn't changed.

The more obvious move is to tell Zook to can the Monty on all ST unit approach after Nelson was injured. he is the third wideout, returning is enough.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 21m21 minutes ago
    Talking w/ Dom Capers, found it interesting #Packers looking at James Vaughters at both outside and inside linebacker http://pck.rs/1ErFNuA

This year that distinction belongs to Vaughters, the 6-foot-4, 254-pound undrafted rookie who recently began attending inside linebacker meetings and even took a few snaps there Sunday against Pittsburgh.

Since the return of Matthews (knee, elbow), Mike Neal (hernia surgery and Nick Perry (groin), the Packers have had an overabundance of outside rushers in practice. A move inside is one way to get Vaughters on the field and see if he could handle the position.

The move isn't necessarily permanent. The Packers plan to keep working him at both positions during the remainder of the preseason.

"The more you can do, the more your value goes up," defensive coordinator Dom Capers said this week. "Vaughters is a big, strong body and a pretty smart guy. He did some decent things outside and we want to get a good look to see if he could be a swing guy who could go both ways.

"A guy who can go either inside or outside, you want to get a look and see if there's a potential of doing that."

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 21m21 minutes ago
    Talking w/ Dom Capers, found it interesting #Packers looking at James Vaughters at both outside and inside linebacker http://pck.rs/1ErFNuA
    http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/...ames-Vaughters

Positive: Strong, forceful linebacker with marginal instincts. Breaks down well, quick changing direction and has a burst to the action. Fluid moving in reverse, displays ability off the edge as a pass rusher and nicely redirects to runners. Moves well laterally and covers a good amount of area.
    Negative: Constantly a half step late arriving on the scene. Misreads plays, bites on ball fakes and gets caught out of position.
    Analysis: Vaughters forces the action on a number of occasions but has too many mental lapses to be anything other than a marginal reserve at the next level.
    His reported negatives here would certainly be a problem at ILB.

Well Boykin is still on Carolina's roster,

J. Boykin 2 24 0 17

But this AM I read that Corey Brown and Jericho Cotchery might be ahead of him. Also Devin Funchess is due to come back soon.

So, maybe?