Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Packers Training Camp and Triage Center

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm more excited about the ballhawking secondary than I am concerned about Rodgers throwing INT's. I'd be more concerned if the secondary weren't able to stop anything Rodgers does.
    I do wonder if Rodgers is pushing himself to take more risks.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Question is this: if Shields, Hayward and Hyde are healthy, does Randall have a role? They seem to be grooming him for a lot of ST work.
    On this team? Just wait a few seconds. Shields and Hyde get injured on every other play - almost as often as Terry Glenn. Randall will play on the outside in the dime (which probably means a decent amount of time) and in relief.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 24m24 minutes ago
    Demosky asks about Rodgers throwing 5 INTs in practice thus far. "The good news is you're paying attention," MM says.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 23m23 minutes ago
    MM says three or four were competitive balls, giving guys chances to make plays.
    I take 2 things from this:

1. Rodgers is challenging his receivers to make plays.
    2. The defensive secondary is at times outplaying the Packers vaunted receiver corp.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    On this team? Just wait a few seconds. Shields and Hyde get injured on every other play - almost as often as Terry Glenn. Randall will play on the outside in the dime (which probably means a decent amount of time) and in relief.
    Entirely plausible.

I do like that the top pick AND a UDFA (Gunner/Gunter) seem to be stepping up and that there is still time for Rollins to come through as he missed very little camp. Makes the DB depth chart seem less shaky right now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

MM said he thinks AR is making more throws in practice that he wouldn't in games to give guys opportunities to make plays.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    MM said he thinks AR is making more throws in practice that he wouldn't in games to give guys opportunities to make plays.
    I seem to remember his Int's in camp last year were high compared to his career norms. It didn't exactly lead to a sub-par season.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

McCarthy is in seriously deep water.

Vince Ostrowski ‏@VJ_Ostrowski
    I've found the PERFECT @JSComments post. This will never be topped, in my mind.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

McCarthy is in seriously deep water.

Vince Ostrowski ‏@VJ_Ostrowski
    I've found the PERFECT @JSComments post. This will never be topped, in my mind.

Vince forgot to mention a quarterback who throws it to the other team. And which of those seven are detested but not hated?

Nelson has another perspective on AR's interceptions:

Just as Rodgers’ decisions may be different in camp than they would be in a real game, so might the receivers’ actions, according to veteran Jordy Nelson. He explained that a 50-50 ball in camp can put a receiver in a tough spot, because he’s always going to try to make the catch no matter what, whereas in a game, a receiver in a disadvantageous position might break up the pass and make sure it’s not picked off.

Right now, in early August, no one is going to give up the chance to shine, especially when on the field with the two-time MVP.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...#ixzz3i4KrMwWR
    Last edited by Patler; 08-06-2015 at 03:33 PM.

I haven't read anything about Haha Clinton Dix. Is he a non factor?

Rodgers seems to always throws INT's in camp when he wouldn't during the season. I think he likes to test the receivers and see who wins the 50-50 balls.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    He has gotten some run on being strong in coverage on TEs. There isn't live tackling so run D is harder to comment on, but I think he got one commendation for filling gaps quickly while on D. Not sure if he has picked AR off though.

Hayward's hamstring not an issue:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/320972861.html

Packers CB turns to baseball to stretch out his leg.

Hayward's hamstring not an issue:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/320972861.html

Packers CB turns to baseball to stretch out his leg.
    "nothing more than a precautionary thing" "It’s not bothering me"

I call BS on that. Methinks he doth protest too much.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3h3 hours ago
    RB John Crockett is practicing and officially is off PUP.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3h3 hours ago
    #Packers not practicing: Coxson, Collins, Hubbard, Kowalski, Matthews, Perry, Pennel, Abbrederis, Henry and Mike Neal

No sign of Matthews or Neal at practice. TE Mitchell Henry is new to the injured list.

No Nick Perry again today.

Cobb and Lacy doing a little coordinated dance as Rappers Delight plays during practice timeout.

No changes in punt return. Randall and Backman the only rookies on the unit.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
    Ripkowski can definitely bring it blocking in the hole. He and Palmer collide hard.

Starks showing good patience and gliding through creases.

STARK PLUG!

Bradford having trouble standing up blockers in the hole. Has to avoid letting them square up on him.

BRADFORD NOT HAVING THE BEST CAMP

Team drill. With Matthews and Perry out, Mulumba (OLB) and Jake Ryan (ILB) playing with the 1s today.

Number of guys out today has hit double digits: 10. Four of them are OLBs.

Crockett not getting team reps yet on first day back.

Hayward has Blanchard picked off in end zone and drops it.

HAYWARD BEING AT EVERY PRACTICE IS A PRETTY BIG STEP FORWARD - ALSO NOT SAYING MUCH

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
    Hayward almost picks Blanchard and crossing pass for Janis. Then Randall almost picks Hundley on pass behind Pinkard

Backman with a nice block on Rasco on outside run. Allowed back to cut back.

Joe Whitt jumping up and down with excitement after Randall breaks up end zone pass from Hundley.

Rodgers lobs a pass to Kuhn for 2 yard TD over Burnett. Pretty play as it developed

Rodgers and Linsley botch snap at the 1 yard line.

THAT IS TWO THIS WEEK FOR THEM

Palmer times up blitz and drives into center right at the snap. Close to s penalty but none thrown.

Defense dominated goal-line drill. DL getting push on run drills.

Defensive front active on TFLs on last three runs of red zone. Guion Daniels and Raji all had moments

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
    Defense shows up in goal line period. Raji and gaston among those making plays.

THAT'S TWO MENTIONS FOR GASTON

Rodgers with perfect throw low down the middle to Quarless but he can't hang on as he hits the ground.

Elliott on sideline with helmet but didn't rep in red zone. Haven't seen him yet in pass under pressure

Don Barclay replacing TJ Lang at right guard with ones

Now Walker getting rep. Lane Taylor was getting reps with first team reps at left guard when Sitton resting

First skirmish of camp. Looked like Datone Jones involved. Didn't last long. Been very tame this camp.

Tolzien's maturity: gave Ed Williams a chance to win his 1 on 1. When he saw he wasn't going to win calmly went to the other side.

WR Myles White back to back catches in red zone. He's made the best case to be No. 5 so far.

Hundley great throw deep corner of end zone and Javess Blue flat drops it. Next play Hundley sails one 5 feet over head of receiver.

Nate Palmer uses his club to deflect a pass from Tolzien. Had to hurt a little with a broken hand in there.

Blitz drill now. Damarious Randall was talking to trainers. Hasn't been in this drill yet.

Backman with a drop in the flat. Needs to make that catch.

BACKMAN HAS DONE SOME NOCE BLOCKING, BUT HE HAS HANDS OF STONE

Lang taking off his wrist tape like he's done for the day. Talking to the trainer. We'll see.

We'll see what McCarthy says about Randall and Lang.

WR Larry Pinkard has an ice bag on his left arm.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
    MM on shortened practice. Planned to cut back anyway. Point in camp where "threshold" where have to be smart to prevent fatigue injuries.

MM on Elliott: Sore shoulder.

"Very taxing" three-day stretch. By design. Have to push players' limits. Weather not an issue though field a bit slick.

MM not of high concern with Matthews' reps. This is review time since it was all installed in spring. Does need reps but knows position.

MM on Henry: finger. Pennel: groin. Lang: shoulder. Randall: groin.

Limited drill work tomorrow. Mostly full-squad stuff. MM looking at how players handle the ball under the lights and with 70K fans.

Tomorrow night's an install practice. "Whatever we show, we show." MM says about Family Night airing on NFL Network.

MM: Josh Francis has a hip. Then points out he has two. One of them is sore.

NOTHING GETS BY THIS MAN

MM expects more two-point chances based on "personality" of some coaches. Risk assessment shows PAT is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    i've been thinking the exact same thing

theres been almost no mention of him at all so far

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i've been thinking the exact same thing

theres been almost no mention of him at all so far
    Sweet picture posted on Twitter today of him breaking up a pass intended for Cobb. I'm expecting big things out of Ha-Ha and Burnett this year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Tomorrow night's an install practice. "Whatever we show, we show." MM says about Family Night airing on NFL Network.
    It is on NFL Network? My guide has the Hall of Fame enshrinement. I would like to see family night, but I don't think its on Nfl network. May be locally?