Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Packers Training Camp and Triage Center

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Aldon Smith out in SF. Another DUI and ? hit and run!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Aldon Smith out in SF. Another DUI and ? hit and run!
    At this point I don't care about the 49ers (they've taken enough hits to remove them from the dangerous list) but Smith clearly has a problem if this charge is legit.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 32m32 minutes ago
    Report: Letroy Guion suspension appeal to be heard on August 24 http://wp.me/p14QSB-9OSW

Can't wait for the transcript of that appeal to be leaked.

Q: How much marijuana did you have?

A: Enough for the offseason.

Q: For the whole team?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Sweet picture posted on Twitter today of him breaking up a pass intended for Cobb. I'm expecting big things out of Ha-Ha and Burnett this year.
    Evan Siegle ‏@PGevansiegle 6h6 hours ago
    #Packers' @haha_cd6 tries to break up a pass intended for @rcobb18 during training camp on Friday. #NFL #PackersCamp

Sports Pics ‏@AmazingSprtsPic 14h14 hours ago
    Shane Battier drives past Julius Peppers during a 2001 Duke-North Carolina game. Battier's face is priceless

Bobbo's Friday Practice Report http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...321110841.html

Rajion Neal has been impressing with the extra reps coming with Crockett's absence and Lacy getting some rest with his sore foot. He has impressed Edgar Bennett who said he was "flashing" some nice ability. The former college WR lost Jake Ryan with a hesitation move during the practice.

For everyone panicking about the lack of mentions of Ha-Ha Clinton Dix, Bob reports that he and 2 other safeties went 1 on 1 versus the vaunted Packer WR corp on Friday. Jordy got the best of Sean Richardson outside and deep, but the starting safeties were able to thwart Cobb (HHCD) and Janis (Burnett). As a result of the trouble the WRs had with press coverage, he declares the WR worthy of the dreaded thumb down award. Burnett said the goal of the drill for the safeties was to tie up faster WRs at the line.

Quinten Rollins Band: WR Javess Blue, a rookie free agent, had impressed as a clever route runner. Then, on Friday, he really hurt himself by dropping a well-thrown corner route of about 20 yards from Brett Hundley in the end-zone corner behind Quinten Rollins.

Nelson Works Smarter Than Thou: On Thursday, Nelson spent a 2-minute musical interlude having Mike Trgovac, the defensive line coach, demonstrate how the D-linemen had just finished a drill in which they slipped by a dummy. Obviously, Nelson saw value in wide receivers trying it.

Worrying Note to Watch:

Casey Hayward: Hayward hasn’t necessarily been a disappointment in the traditional sense as he has been a solid player in camp, but for a guy who was ranked so high by the analytics community and is looking for an extension, he has been off and on. He has shown flashes of the big play ability that makes him so exciting, but he has struggled in press coverage and with recovery. He will be a good player this season, but I expect more from a guy that talented.
    http://packerstalk.com/2015/08/08/su...-packers-camp/

Exceeding Expectations: Monty, Mulumba, Palmer, Linsley, Gunter

Needs Improvement: Magic Abracadabra, Hayward, Joe Thomas, Carl Bradford, John Crockett,

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Worrying Note to Watch:

http://packerstalk.com/2015/08/08/su...-packers-camp/

Exceeding Expectations: Monty, Mulumba, Palmer, Linsley, Gunter

Needs Improvement: Magic Abracadabra, Hayward, Joe Thomas, Carl Bradford, John Crockett,
    Not sure how Linsley can exceed expectations. Any improvement to his technique at all, and he's going to be a perenial pro-bowler. The only NFC center in his class is Frederick in Dallas. Tretter likely got himself Wally Pipp'd, he ain't getting back on the field.

Oh - and from the previous post - just what is a 'clever' route runner? I'm sure I don't know what that could mean.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Not sure how Linsley can exceed expectations. Any improvement to his technique at all, and he's going to be a perenial pro-bowler. The only NFC center in his class is Frederick in Dallas. Tretter likely got himself Wally Pipp'd, he ain't getting back on the field.

Oh - and from the previous post - just what is a 'clever' route runner? I'm sure I don't know what that could mean.
    I imagine its someone who can sell the fake move before the real move. Precise routes would mean not only are you where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there, but that you have also lost, or kept at bay, the defender. You can either out-technique him (Jennings) or outsmart/juke them (clever WR).

Just a guess though.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 6m6 minutes ago
    The #Packers dope sheet lists Alex Van Pelt in the coaches box this season with offensive playcaller Tom Clements back on sideline

That will be different but the same. Former QB coach Clements was up in the box previously. New QB coach AVP moves there now. Plays still called by someone on the sideline.

MM PC #8 (prior to practice today)

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 56m56 minutes ago
    McCarthy on WR Myles White: Myles is doing a heck of a job. He's the type of young man that you root for. #PackersCamp

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 58m58 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I'm thrilled that we're spending our first 2 games on the road...benefit of getting used to traveling.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 59m59 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I think the 2nd group has done some good things. I'm anxious to see them play Thursday night.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1h1 hour ago
    McCarthy: Clay Matthews is on a trial return. We'll see how his workout goes today. #PackersCamp

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 14m14 minutes ago
    Clay Matthews and Jayrone Elliott back. So is Adrian Hubbard and Mike Neal

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 13m13 minutes ago
    OLBs Mike Neal and Jayrone Elliott is back in pads today. Two OLBs back, now seven total healthy.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 13m13 minutes ago
    Mike Daniels & Letroy Guion not in pads

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m12 minutes ago
    OLB Mike Neal is officially off PUP now. Today is his first practice of camp.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 12m12 minutes ago
    Javess Blue is out here with a sling on his left arm

JUST RUN THE SIDELINE PEOPLE OVER. THEY CAN WORK IN A CAST, YOU CANNOT.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 6m6 minutes ago
    Well then...the #Packers already have released punter Cody Mandell

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2m2 minutes ago
    Missed this...Mike Pennel also has returned

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m4 minutes ago
    Mandell was having some issues with holding early but there had been no issues of late. Pretty early to cut him. Curious.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11s11 seconds ago
    #Packers are just about full strength at OLB after missing five on Saturday. Adrian Hubbard also back. Perry is only 1 still out.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 20m20 minutes ago
    Zook said last week that holding troubles would not decide Mandell's fate. Even mentioned that Cobb can hold. #Packers

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 20m20 minutes ago
    list not practicing:
    Coxson
    Blue
    Collins
    Kowalski
    Perry
    Daniels
    Abbrederis
    Guion

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 16m16 minutes ago
    #packers punter Tim Masthay with 49.0 average and 4.31 hang time on four punts.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 9m9 minutes ago
    BJ Raji on the field goal protection unit

MIGHT GO OVER HIM, BUT NOT AROUND HIM

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
    Crosby 6 of 6 on field goals. Hit from 33, 38, 41, 43, 45 and 48.

SI NFL ‏@si_nfl 1h1 hour ago
    Frank Gifford elevated the NFL in setting a model for do-it-all threats, @SI_DougFarrar writes http://on.si.com/1Uz0Ejj

GET HIM. KNOCK HIM OUT! STOP PRETTY BOY NOW BROWNS! whoops, wrong team

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m8 minutes ago
    Crosby hasn't missed all camp with Masthay holding.

JINX!!!

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 7m7 minutes ago
    Mike Neal jumping right back in team periods

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m5 minutes ago
    Coaches using cards for scout team. Means they're doing a little preparation for New England.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5m5 minutes ago
    Hundley overthrows Harris on a scripted dump off pass

WAIT UNTIL QB CAMP STRAIGHTENS HIM OUT

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m5 minutes ago
    Matthews starting in middle with No. 1 defense. Mulumba and Peppers lined up outside. Could be the way they line up opening day.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2m2 minutes ago
    Demetri Goodson getting a few extra reps with Randall (groin) sitting out of team

BELIEVE RANDALL IS PRACTICING BUT GETTING LIMITED REPS

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2m2 minutes ago
    Mike Neal not getting any snaps in team but that's par for the course on first day back.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 22m22 minutes ago
    Tolzien to Montgomery on a post. Might see that a fair amount on Thursday night.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 23m23 minutes ago
    Quick count has Crosby on streak of 21 in a row.

HE HASN'T MISSED WITH MASTHAY AS HOLDER

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 20m20 minutes ago
    Palmer with the one hand one club interception

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 20m20 minutes ago
    Blanchard pass got jarred and intercepted by Nate Palmer in the club

HE SHOULD WEAR THE CLUB 24 HOURS A DAY, EVEN AFTER HEALING

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 21m21 minutes ago
    #Packers INJ report:
    Out:
    Coxson
    Blue
    Kowalski
    Perry
    Daniels
    Abbrederis
    Guion
    On PUP: Collins
    Off PUP: Neal

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 34m34 minutes ago
    #Packers INJ report (cont'd):
    Returned:
    Hubbard
    Matthews
    Pennel
    Elliott

Palmer, Henry still practicing with clubs/casts on.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 30m30 minutes ago
    Ty Montgomery went up high for pass, Rollins undercut him and he's up slow

CANCEL CAMP!!

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 33m33 minutes ago
    Not putting that on Rollins. Montgomery had to go up to get it. Landed awkwardly

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 33m33 minutes ago
    Montgomery may be OK. We are forbidden from speculating on injuries but there may have been a temporary octave change in his voice.

OK GOOD. AT LEAST WE AREN'T SPECULATING WITH CHILDISH EUPHEMISMS

Montgomery has his helmet and is with the receivers now as #Packers start no-huddle period.

Montgomery back in for 7-on-7 no huddle. #Packers

WHERE IS THAT PORTABLE DEFIBRILATOR?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 32m32 minutes ago
    WR Ty Montgomery went down after a catch. Very slow getting up. On one knee on sideline. Might have been shot to his privates.

LEAVE IT TO SPOON TO GET CLOSEST TO BEING A REASONABLE ADULT
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-10-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 29m29 minutes ago
    Haven't noticed Henry and his clubbed hand doing any team periods. Spears getting extra reps

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 27m27 minutes ago
    Shields breaks up goal line slant from Rodgers to Adams.

SHIELDS HAS BEEN SHOWING UP LATELY IN THIS REPORTS

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 26m26 minutes ago
    Another slant, this time to R Rodgers. Burnett breaks it up.

AS HAS BURNETT. IF TE COULD FIND D LINEMAN LIKE HE FINDS DBs, YOU WOULD REALLY HAVE A DEFENSE

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 24m24 minutes ago
    Montgomery with a nice leaping grab from Tolzien over Rollins

REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED WITH A NASEATED FEELING LEFTOVER FROM TESTICULAR TRAUMA

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 25m25 minutes ago
    Matthews got a fair share of 11-on-11 work. His trial return from knee soreness seems to have gone pretty well. #Packers

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 21m21 minutes ago
    Nice catch by Backman in seam past Rasco. In a game Banjo would've had him lined up

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 22m22 minutes ago
    Really nice catch by Kennard Backman down seam on pass from Hundley in 2-minute. #Packers

BETWEEN WES AND JASON, YOU GET THE COMPLETE PLAY

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 20m20 minutes ago
    On 4-5, Hundley completes 9 yard TD pass to Harold Spears with Fanor in coverage. That's it for practice at 1:37

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 9m9 minutes ago
    Packers say Daniels didn't practice because of ankle injury

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 10m10 minutes ago
    Daniels out with ankle. Randall practiced early but limited by groin.

Montgomery got a little donged up.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 16m16 minutes ago
    Mike Neal said he played last two seasons with a bilateral sports hernia, leading to offseason procedure. This year took different approach

Ow.

Maybe a new trend to add to the Packer repertoire: hamstrings, necks, and now sports herniai.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Montgomery got a little donged up.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    OK GOOD. AT LEAST WE AREN'T SPECULATING WITH CHILDISH EUPHEMISMS
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

ason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 33m33 minutes ago
    Montgomery may be OK. We are forbidden from speculating on injuries but there may have been a temporary octave change in his voice.
    WTF?

are we in nazi germany all of a sudden? is the team forbidding all reporters and spectators at practice from speculation, or just a select few?

"you saw NOTHING"