Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Packers Training Camp and Triage Center

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    WTF?

are we in nazi germany all of a sudden? is the team forbidding all reporters and spectators at practice from speculation, or just a select few?

"you saw NOTHING"
    I could understand this in a closed practice where the public isn't in attendance, but I can't imagine it holds for public training camp workouts.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    WTF?

are we in nazi germany all of a sudden? is the team forbidding all reporters and spectators at practice from speculation, or just a select few?

"you saw NOTHING"
    It might be his employer, not the team that doesn't want him speculating on things like injuries.

I think that was bit of a tongue-in-cheek comment by Wilde. I suspect MM said something about not wanting reporters to speculate about injuries.

In general, I think the League also discourages speculation about what exact injury a player may have suffered. Happens on TV all the time as announcers try to stifle reaching a conclusion about the nature of the injury when it looks obvious on TV. They are wrong often enough I think in general its a good idea. Not sure why, in this particular case Wilde thought that was wise.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    In general, I think the League also discourages speculation about what exact injury a player may have suffered. Happens on TV all the time as announcers try to stifle reaching a conclusion about the nature of the injury when it looks obvious on TV. They are wrong often enough I think in general its a good idea. Not sure why, in this particular case Wilde thought that was wise.
    Wilde was just too polite to say right away that Monty got smacked in the nuts.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3h3 hours ago
    Working on insides kick now. Richard Rodgers appears to be where Bostick was lined up.
    Oh, what might have been.....

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8h8 hours ago
    Rookie Damarious Randall sitting out today.

No. 1 offense working against NE scheme now.

Montgomery is apparently fully recovered from getting hit in the "gonads" twice yesterday. Just made a nice catch and run from Rodgers.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 7h7 hours ago
    OL Josh Walker is getting some reps with the first team at LG.

Cobb with a nice one-handed grab in the end zone on Rodgers pass.

Burnett drops an INT in the end zone.

Davante Adams and Rajion Neal taking reps on kickoff return.

Neal is actually an up back and not returning.

Crowd noise being pumped in for the second straight day. Hadn't been used previously.

Janis gets step on Rollins but deep ball from Tolzien skims off his fingertips.

TE Harold Spears has made two nice catches today. Had the game winner in 2-minute drive yesterday.

Have not seen Mike Neal take any snaps with defense in team. He won't play Thursday night.

Matthews gets a snap outside and blows up a running play right at him.

Cobb with another diving one-hand grab on fade from Rodgers in end zone. Second of the day.

Janis skies high over Shields for a lob TD. Probably should have been called for a push off.

GOOD TO SEE HIM SHOW UP AGAIN, EVEN IF PENALTY

Rodgers looking good in red zone. Perfect pass to R Rodgers on deep out into end zone.

CB Demetri Goodson has an ice bag on his lower left leg.

Working on insides kick now. Richard Rodgers appears to be where Bostick was lined up.

Lot of work going on fielding insides kicks.

INSIDES KICKS MUST BE ONSIDES KICKS IN AUTO CORRECT LANGUAGE

And that appears to be the end of practice.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4h4 hours ago
    #Packers announce they have released undrafted WR Ricky Collins. He never got off of PUP with a heel injury.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4h4 hours ago
    New from JS: Rookie CB Randall hoping to play against New England despite groin injury http://ift.tt/1IE3i1T #Packers

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3h3 hours ago
    Waived #Packers WR Ricky Collins received an injury settlement. He was on PUP with a heel injury.

So who is the surprise of camp so far?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    So who is the surprise of camp so far?
    Probably this guy:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...pson/31508141/

Thumbs Up
    Josh Walker
    entered training camp as one of those relatively unknown offensive linemen scrapping with a handful of other relatively unknown players for maybe the final spot on the 53-man roster. Through nearly two weeks of camp, though, Walker has been as good as any of the Packers’ backup offensive linemen, and that includes Don Barclay, JC Tretter and Lane Taylor. Walker is legitimately in the battle for one of the eight or nine spots likely to go to offensive linemen. Walker, who spent most of last season on the Packers’ practice squad, is at 328 pounds the heaviest of the offensive linemen. He’s worked all camp as the right guard with the No. 2 offensive line and held up well. He’s also stood out in one-on-one drills, where his record is a stellar 15-2. Those numbers tell only part of the story — Walker often is working against lower depth chart defensive linemen such as Khyri Thornton and rookie Christian Ringo, rather than starters such as B.J. Raji and Mike Daniels. But in Tuesday’s practice, Walker’s 3-0 record in one-on-ones included wins over Datone Jones (twice) and Josh Boyd, who were regular rotational players last season. Walker’s next step is to carry over his play into the preseason games, starting Thursday night at New England. He’s a player to keep an eye on, because through two weeks of practice he’s given himself a legitimate shot at making the final roster.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    First-round pick Damarious Randall has been working as the sixth defensive back in the dime personnel through most of camp, but with him sidelined because of a groin injury, Quinten Rollins is working in that role.
    Rollins not exclusively inside (or onside?)
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Probably this guy:
    This is exciting for a couple reasons. First, it looks like we have a good guard backup for the immediate season. Second, we may have a potential replacement for Sitton in three years. Sitton is currently signed through the 2016 season. 2017 he will be a UFA assuming nothing is done between now and then. Sitton will be 31 years old at that time. Josh Walker will be 26 years old and entering his prime. He's a possible.

The Packers seem to putting pieces in place to have continuous success. It's fun to watch. I'm sure it's not easy to do.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

In Patler's Quote on Josh Walker - Is the first time I've seen JC Tretter's name.

Anyone know what he's backing up? Seems like Barclay and Lane Taylor are the top backups. Is Tretter just backing up center and guard? I guess we'll see tomorrow when the 2nd stringers are in.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    In Patler's Quote on Josh Walker - Is the first time I've seen JC Tretter's name.

Anyone know what he's backing up? Seems like Barclay and Lane Taylor are the top backups. Is Tretter just backing up center and guard? I guess we'll see tomorrow when the 2nd stringers are in.
    Campen told me that Tretter would back up all along the line.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Barclay is the top backup at RT and Tretter is the top backup at every other spot. (Bulaga is the backup LT)

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post

He's been 2nd team center in practice.

Hope springs eternal.

Feder: Its not 4 minutes to go yet Coach.

M3: You sure, I want to call some dives.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5h5 hours ago
    Ryan Feder, #Packers Football Technology Analyst, was standing right by coach Mike McCarthy in several sideline shots Thursday night

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 7h7 hours ago
    Green Bay has just 3 players on its roster that have ever played for another NFL team. Everyone else has at least 16. http://es.pn/1DPLSk9

Doug Farrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 2m2 minutes ago
    That Denver D-line is going to be fun to watch with Wade Phillips in charge. A lot of two down linemen and guys rushing around them.

Doug Farrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 2m2 minutes ago
    Wade runs a base 5-2, but his hybrid and sub packages are pretty exceptional.

UNSOUND!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 7h7 hours ago
    Green Bay has just 3 players on its roster that have ever played for another NFL team. Everyone else has at least 16. http://es.pn/1DPLSk9
    Brainwashing! That's why TT will not fill those open spots - potential for contamination.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Brainwashing! That's why TT will not fill those open spots - potential for contamination.
    Maybe not enough ex Packers available to fill slots.

Actually, that is one other remarkable thing, there aren't too many Packer retreads in camp. If they leave, they stay away.