View Poll Results: Try to win last game and face Sea/Minn at home or rest everyone and play Wash on road?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win - Season has been bad enough, need home playoff game

17 53.13%
  • Lose - Rest is important and strategically its the smart move

15 46.88%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Win or Lose? @Washington or Vs. Seattle/Minnesota for Playoffs

Win or Lose? @Washington or Vs. Seattle/Minnesota for Playoffs

Which would you prefer for the inevitable playoff game?

Rest the starters and hit the road or full steam ahead for a Division title and a home game?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I said rest because they need to get offensive line healthy.

Play Tolzien.

Obviously it will never happen, Very few coaches could take the heat.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I was on board with resting before the AZ game so I am on bars with resting everyone Sunday. But play Hundley one half at least.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Better to get embarrassed on the road instead of further tainting Lambeau with a home invasion.

They are playing for a division title and a home playoff game. They aren't resting anyone. Hope you guys are joking.

That being said my gut tells me go play at Washington. If we are playing Minny at home that means we will have to beat them back to back weeks. Seems tough.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    They are playing for a division title and a home playoff game. They aren't resting anyone. Hope you guys are joking.
    You are correct. They will play to get that extra playoff cash cow. But it's the wrong strategy to win in the playoffs. Plus losing the division will theoretically get them two easier games than Minnesota next year. Have to be smart about these things.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

That being said my gut tells me go play at Washington. If we are playing Minny at home that means we will have to beat them back to back weeks. Seems tough.
    if pack wins,
    Minnesota will finish as the 5 seed unless Seattle beats AZ.

I doubt anyone thinks they would actually rest starters with the division on the line. Strategically though, if it would be enough to get the OL reasonably healthy, it would be the way to go. This team has no chance with the OL they had out there yesterday.

This is an excellent thread. pbmax, and you even had the excellent sense to create a poll.

This is how it;s done, people. The pollier the better.

Rest won't help this team. Minnesota provides one more chance at getting the offense in sync. No point forgoing it. Playing Washington is hardly a consolation if they can't break out of the funk.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 54m54 minutes ago
    On injuries, even with playoff berth locked up: MM will play to win game and earn home playoff game. "Terrible mind-set" of resting players.

M3 VOTES WIN.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 54m54 minutes ago
    On injuries, even with playoff berth locked up: MM will play to win game and earn home playoff game. "Terrible mind-set" of resting players.

M3 VOTES WIN.
    This is stupid. It's not about 'resting' anyone - it's about giving players two weeks to recover from bad injuries and maybe win a *ucking playoff game.

$$$ win. They want that home gate badly.

The funny thing....their NOT.

Since whenever does a Green Bay Packer team play and simply throw a game with the Division Title on the line?

Add this:

The way Washington has looked of late with the top passing QB (percentage completions) in the NFL. This isn't a team to imagine as a push over.

Then add that the Green Bay Packers looked worse than bad Vs Arizona.

It's time for a gut check game and make something of a positive statement for Packer Nation. Get up for and defeat Minny on National TV. Don't get embarrassed again two weeks in a row.

GO DOWN maybe... but at least look like a decent playoff team.

Absolutely don't look like Packers Vs Bears at Lambeau the night Brett Favre's NO. 4 was hung from on high. That was awful.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This is stupid. It's not about 'resting' anyone - it's about giving players two weeks to recover from bad injuries and maybe win a *ucking playoff game.

$$$ win. They want that home gate badly.
    Not sure it ever got to that level. This is pretty consistent with other decisions M3 has made. Thompson has had to remind him to sit people before.

If there is a franchise where that decision is not make or break, its the Packers right after the Steelers and New England.

I'm just being cynical about the cash. But Stubby is still stupid to refer to it as 'resting' players. These guys are hurting and far less effective. Too bad some guys will not get better before off season surgery.

I agree. This kind of bravado is pointless. They need to be as healthy as possible.

Well the last time our entire team had two weeks to rest, they got their brains beat in. So I'm not sure how much time off correlates with this teams success.

Didn't they all take a day off against Arizona already?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Regardless of how it shakes out - we're not getting past any of Arizona, Carolina, or Seattle.

I doubt we could win @ the Redskins... best shot for 1 playoff win is Minnesota @ home, but that would only be delaying the inevitable.
    wist