Thread: 2015 Pick 'Em is up and ready

2015 Pick 'Em is up and ready

MT....sticky this post for a while please?

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...931#post839931
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    IN
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Blog Entries
    Yup.

I'm not in like Flynn, that'd be bad, right?

In and ready to loose again

Eric Von Zipper Rat All-Pro CaliforniaCheez's Avatar
    You would not feel like a champion unless you beat a good football prognosticator like myself.

A lot of points on a Green Bay victory in Denver...you stopped watching the Packers play lately?
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Congratulations CaliforniaCheez on a bold move MNF Dallas @ Washington. That Dallas win kept you right in the race for this season's Championship.

Have you been a past Champion Californiacheez?

Here are the current standings after Week 13 and the TOP FIVE:

Standings:

Rank ....... Pick Set Name ......... Total Pts ... W-L

1 ... Bert Bosch (woodbuck27) ........994 .... 118-74

2 ... CaliforniaCheez ................... 984 ..... 116-76

3 .................esoxx .....................977 ..... 116-76

4 ........ThunderDan .....................970 ..... 114-78

5 ....RAGONKFORCE (bzndallas) ... 959 ..... 112-80

A special commendation for 'a former Champion' KYPack who's been doing much better of late. Your no quitter Packer fan.

I always recommend that those of us that participate in this annual event stay with it. Why......Anthing can happen in the Pro Pickem ... ' we saw heavy favourites the Chicago Bears and the NE Patriots fall in Week 13. Most of us lost two digit Confidence Points bets with these teams failing to fulfill their potential.

Good Luck All as we begin the last quarter of our Season.

and of course:

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-10-2015 at 06:05 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Standings On Sat. 19 Dec. 2015 Week 15 ... After TNF Dec.17, 2015 Results

Rank ....Pick Set Name ... Total Pts ... W-L

1 ........... Bert Bosch ..............................1095 ...... 128-81

2 ..... CaliforniaCheez ........................... 1089 .... 126-83

3 ................. esoxx............................. 1071.... 126-83

4 ...PR FYI is nesting extremism ............1069..... 123-86

5 .......ThunderDan ...............................1053..... 122-87
    6 ....RAGONKFORCE (bzndallas) ............1041...... 121-88

7 .......................superfan ....................1035..... 121-88

8 ........Eddie Lacy Trucking Company ...996..... 121-88

9 .............................KYPack ................995...... 114-95

10 ...........................wpony .................682........85-124
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

It's got now that I realize the more information you might access the more difficult it may be to get a better result.

I'm a dedicated Packerrat Pro Pickem' participant now for..... about a decade. I've learned that all I really need aside from assigning choices and setting the CP's (ie with a PC or Laptop) is a newspaper and an AM radio to listen to a wide assortment of Sports News Stations ie ESPN and it's brother/sister stations.

I'm now (while at my Country Home) listening to TNF and SNF and loving it whenever Mae and I are away fr. our homes in Ontario and Quebec.

Mae observes that whenever I've full internet access and adding ...... paying close attention to all the ' Talking Heads ' on the NFL Network. I make poorer decisions. Basically I have it down at the beginning of each week simply going on gut instinct and suddenly...... second guess myself which costs me in terms of better results.

I'm always impressed with the good NFL football minds we have @ Packerrats.

My advice every time your in doubt. Go with your gut feeling.

My gut feeling on this just past weeks MNF game; was that the Experts had it wrong to the tune of 4 of 5 picking the Saints over the LIONS. Drew Brees needs weapons. He's still an awesome QB but he misses his former TE. He needs more at receiver and overall his teams 'D' sucks out loud. It's a strong possibility that something BIG will happen in New Orleans this off season. Maybe Denver push's Peyton Manning to the side and goes after Drew Brees?

I told Mae that CaliforniaCheez and esoxx will very likely pick the Detroit Lions with small PC plays. esoxx who's my biggest adversary over the years..... and.....generally 'THE MAN' to beat here Packerrats 'in case ' that fact has gone past you.

I wanted to go with my guts and place with Detroit my 8 CP's. I fell in with all the lesser minds to the slaughter. hahahaa The bigger error wqas:

Why so many CP's for this MNF Matchup between two huge disappointments this season. OK so I'm going to cut myself a break here. There are a lot of factors to mull over and working a weeks Pro Pickem.

Is that the TRUTH? I can hear this echo in my head.... " Keep it simple ...stupid."

My compliments to CaliforniaCheez and esoxx.

We're ........ it seems all too fast again...now ...down to our final two weeks of the regular season with loads of exciting stuff going on. A solid lineup of challenging to analyze and make picks and assign CP's are before us in Week 16

GOOD LUCK Packerrats in your Week 16 Pro Pickem experience.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-23-2015 at 06:00 AM.

Packers @ Cardinals Sunday 27 Dec. 2015:

CaliforniaCheez PLEASE NOTE:

I have 10 CP's on ARIZONA

I set up a Specific New League for any Packerrat to join in and try a Pro Pickem experience specifically for this Season'r Playoffs.

If you read the instructions in the original post this thread there's more than enough info. to getn you comfortable with this competition and gets you started towards knowing more ALL NFL.

Info that you need to know:

See pack backin rats playoffs:

a) The Group ID # is: 57246

b) The Group Password is: lombardi2015

RAISE YOUR NFL IQ !

I cannot over emphasize the growth you'll experience as an NFL fan and participating in a PRO PICK EM Challenge.

YOU will amaze yourself in terms of your knowledge right now Vs a large portion of the NFL Sports media and so called NFL Experts.

PLEASE come and enter this event at Packerrats and win a trophy. Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

This experience may show you there's really nothing to winning a Pro Pickem' event. Who cannot predict which team will win any matchup ! That's got to be too east ...right. Welll it's like baseball and well....here comes the pitch and you swing and you...........?????? .....and YOU .........#%@(?|^#$ ........... that's right. Sometimes itn justb isn't easy. Therein lies the challenge of the Pro Pickem' and in my experience and this over a decade now it's really something else. I guarantee you'll become a more gifted NFL fan in terms of overall NFL IQ.

Here are the current standings with just week 17 to go before we move to our Playoff Pro Pickem.

NOTE: I advise y'all to continue picking if it's made available on the Regular Season PRO PICKEM.

You may elect to enter the above NEWc PRO PICKEM I've set up but play out the Regular Season's as well.

There's one heck of a race for at least two trophies left to decide.

GOOD LUCK TO Y'ALL.

Bert Bosch...woodbuck27

Standings On Tues. Dec 29, 2015 After MNF and to end of WEEK 16. Just Week 17 Remains for OUR leagues Final positioning. PLEASE >>> Continue this PRO PICKEM as you so desire and it's made available.

Rank ....Pick Set Name ..................... Total Pts .......... W-L

1. ........... Bert Bosch ..........................1297 .........150 - 90

2. ................. esoxx...........................1266 ..........147 - 93

3....PR FYI is nesting extremism ...........1264 .......... 146 - 94

4. ..... CaliforniaCheez ........................1263 ...........143 - 97

5........ThunderDan .............................1231.......... 141 - 99

6..............................KYPack ..............1180...........135 - 105

7. ........Eddie Lacy Trucking Company ...1172..........142 - 98

8. .......................superfan .................1142..........131 - 109

9.....RAGONKFORCE (bzndallas) ...........1135............129 - 111

10.. ...........................wpony ...............682.............85 - 155

AGAIN ....GOOD LUCK in Week 17.

Thanks all for participating.

I'm positive you learned something more NFL because your a part of OUR PRO PICKEM. This year hopefully you experienced a growth in your NFL ..........I Q.

Bert Bosch.......woodbuck27

Final Standings:

Rank - Pick Set Name - Total Pts - W-L

1st Place and OUR Champion.... Bert Bosch 1376 158-98

Mad:

Holy Crap Woody....Finally.... You manage your 2nd Championship after winning in Season NO. 1 in the Packerrats Pro Pickem Experience. Did Mae peel you off the ceiling yet? Two two ....two matching shoes !

Cool ......Ehh !...... Mad (-;

Your AWARD...

$30 K and a one Month Tour of the Maritimes (NB, NS and PEI in the month of June for two and if desired 'a Special Guest...** see below). All accommodations and 3 meals a day plus all the Moosehead Red you can drink...supplied as needed. Plus 10 Liters of Mount Gay Special Rum and 10 Liters of Gibson's Finest RARE supplied as well. Yahoooo ! - ** A masseuse from Sweden to accompany the Winner. Her name is Glenda. She's fabulous. Now maybe...Mae might not want her along?.

Have a fantastic time.... well shit...I know you will..... ......MadtownPacker .

2nd esoxx 1362 158-98

esoxx...Is in 2nd place again...what is it esoxx? Something like 4 times!?....Congratulations esoxx 'Your 'the Man'. Our defending Champion from the 2014-15 Season and a Two Time Champion as well.

esoxx: Your Prize includes:

$20 K Spending Money and an amazing 2 Week Trip to Hawaii' for Four ..... If you have anymore than two children you obviously can afford to drag them along. ( a 3 Island Experience and All the Tequila YOU ...Can ... DRINK. ) and fabulous mix's included. You'll be treated to a one day ' Learn to Hula Experience and want to dance the Hula Nightly ! Before you leave Hawaii....you'll NOT know your name. Please esoxx.....Lock away your Passport.. I forgot to do that one time and lost myself for 6 months. I still blame it on Bad Tequila.
    [/I]

3rd..... PR FYI is nesting extremism 1357 156-100

Hey WTF.....Your name is too long ......otherwise Thanks for showing up.

Yaa Yaa Yaa You win something too...well it's rather special if your hearts good......I designed a Prize for 3rd place in this Annual and FABULOUS PRO PICKEM' An Experience that you'll never forget. Your off to the best place on the planet to have a great time. Meet amazing people and enjoy the BEST music and culture that compares favourably to any other.

Ever been to Newfoundland ....PR FYI is nesting extremism ?

Well Packer fan.....you and three buddies of your choice have won a one week 8 night ' Full On ...Party Hardy Bar Scene Hop to you Drop .... Pub/Bar Crawl ...YOU MUST CRAWL or forfeit the Prize money....EVERY..EVERY ...Yup EVERY single Day and Night that your visiting there...in the One and Only BEST City in this world. St. John's NFLD. All connecting flights LUXERY there and back Included and $20 K spending money (spend it boozing or loose it Candy Ass). If you need more money than that....you drank so much you need it for Bail and Lawyer Fees.... to get out of jail..BE VERY CAREFUL..Otherwise ....you've screwed up and that's NOT my problem.

SO BE AWARE 'nesting extremism' Cause I warned you in advance. Have an amazin' time ! Cause you will. :

St. John's, Newfoundland.... will knock you out..SO Please ...enjoy all the fabulous music and a TIP:

All the loose woman that abound...watch out !

I really Care....
    MadtownPacker.

PLEASE NOTE:

All Prizes and Money donated by our fabulous posters ...Patler and pbmax..Those members are RICH..

I don't have No Damn money....
    Mad.

Holy Crap!

The rest of you wanna be's: Get your Pro Pickem acts together.

CaliforniaCheeze...I was tuning in from time to time and pullin' for you. Yaa know being out this way where you live. You must be somewhat disappointed ! You had this thing wrapped up and WHAM BAM thank you Mame ..you slapped yourself up the side of your head. So niow dust yourself off and Win this thing next season. STOP chokin'.

KYPack. Have you been drunk all Season?

ThunderDan....Support your PACKERS by NOT placing CP's on the other team. Be there or be square. Get real as Head Coach....Mike McCarthy wants to be.

superfan: Is that really you? WTF How come you disappeared? Your one of 'the BEST'. Ants in your panys?

Eddie Lacy Truckin Co....Sell the fleet and invest in a great book I read often: " Football for Dummies ".

wpony....Buy a horse.

bzndallas....PLEASE .....Let go of 'the Boys' and become a Packer fan. It's too awesome. GO PACK GO ! Good Luck next year in this competition. Your potential has been noted. Just pay attention I've ordered for you a year's sunscription to 'The NFL Network' (Thank Patler and pbmax... concerned members). The NFL Nertwork.... where smart NFL Experts like Michael Ervin keep you informed. Your all set for next season

Most of all Your all the winners over many Packerats for participating in the Annual Pro Pickem Event.

Signing off:

THE MAN.... that drives Packerrats and loves y'all...... ....... MadtownPacker.

Bert Bosch (woodbuck27):

Sincerely Guys THANKS FOR ENTERING THIS AWESOME EVENT offered every season at our Packer Home and now it's been here....for over then course ...I believe, of the last decade.:

YES ! Packerrats is TEN YEARS YOUNG. A fantastic Green Bay PACKER and so much more FORUM.

The rest of YOU amazing Packerrats that tried YOUR BEST this season and.... A very unusual season where we were too often amazed at unexpected results.

PLEASE:

If you so desire....continue to make your picks here in this group... as Yahoo offers that option.

ALSO PLEASE sign Up for the dedicted Season Playoff Pro Pickem that I've set up for you to give your best. Please....Pass the word on this NEWc GROUP and a Playoff Pro Pickem....I'm hoping for up to 20 participants. . . . . .Woody

The rest of you fabulous competitors. Next season is your season to win a Championship. It's a nice HONURE here on our Packer Home. As ALWAYS I Wish Y'all.....GOOD LUCK

4 CaliforniaCheez 1339 150-106

5 ThunderDan 1321 151-105

6 Eddie Lacy Trucking Company 1266 152-104

7 KYPack 1263 144-112

8 superfan 1142 131-125

9 RAGONKFORCE (bzndallas) 1135 129-127

10 wpony 682 85-171

Thanks Packerrats
    >>>>> Bert Bosch ..... woodbuck27
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-04-2016 at 12:37 PM.