Thread: 2015 Zook's Excellent Special Teams Adventure

2015 Zook's Excellent Special Teams Adventure

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...320838761.html

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...eams/31190281/

Silverstein sees Hyde on punts and Montgomery on kickoffs as the already anointed starting returners, pending final roster decisions and M3's preferences over exposing his nickel back to PR full time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    I can't believe we hired Slocum's fricking assistant and a former Illinois fricking coach.

Had anybody started a Fire Zook thread yet ????

I hate him already...but having no special teams coach is still better than Slocum
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I want to see how our Special Teams performs in an actual game before I start calling for Zook's head.

Vets are playing more on special teams. I wonder if this is a change in philosophy by MM, or if this is influenced by Zook.

One thing that always bothered me under Slocum was what did the players think? A lot of special teamers have a tenuous hold on the team and I would think some of the ambitious ones would do lots of independent film study to either improve or try to line up a post career coaching gig. Would they not have noticed the problems with scheme? When they inevitably were picked up by the Vikings would some not have pulled a Jennings?
    I guess what I'm driving at is did Slocum disapprove of independent initiative and my fear is will Zook follow his footsteps?
    Lots of conjecture here, but how can a unit suck so long with very little internal criticism?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I want to see how our Special Teams performs in an actual game before I start calling for Zook's head.
    Why? We are pre-emptive here at Packerrats.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Message Boards and Twitter know no time beyond now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/s...-around-021315

t's on special teams where McCarthy sees the most work needing to be done.
    Packers Annual Checkups archive

FOX Sports Wisconsin
    "I will spend a lot of time with the special teams; special teams needs to improve," McCarthy said. "It's an area definitely of concern in the past. We have to continue to develop our young players, get them ready to play and contribute as quickly as possible.
    "And we need to get more out of our veterans. To me, that's the hole in our special teams. The consistency and the standard of play in our veteran players is not where it needs to be. And that will be a direct focus of mine."
    Makes me wonder if Slocum was fired because he did not have the respect of the veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    How does one pre emptivley beat a dead horse?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    How does one pre emptivley beat a dead horse?
    579!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I can't believe we hired Slocum's fricking assistant and a former Illinois fricking coach.

Had anybody started a Fire Zook thread yet ????

I hate him already...but having no special teams coach is still better than Slocum
    yeah, i think i did when word first came out that he was gonna be the new st coach