Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42

Thread: Official 2015 Preseason Games Thread

I think Tolzien sticks because he is the guy they would want to step in if Rodgers gets hurt during the game (without a full week to prep). Maybe they would go with Hundley the following week, when they can install an appropriate game plan and give him some extra prep time.

I'd be shocked if Tolzien isn't #2. He's a gym rat and knows the offense in and out. He's certainly no Rodgers, but with him you'd at least be able to run the majority of the playbook. With Hundley I think the offense would be scaled back quite a bit.
    Go PACK

I like Hundley's game. I think he'll be good - we keep saying "we know he won't be as god as Rodgers, but..." - but who's to say he won't be next in line of the Starr-Favre-Rodgers succession?

But I do think he needs a couple years of old-fashioned watching and learning.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I like Hundley's game. I think he'll be good - we keep saying "we know he won't be as god as Rodgers, but..." - but who's to say he won't be next in line of the Starr-Favre-Rodgers succession?

But I do think he needs a couple years of old-fashioned watching and learning.
    I'm trying not to be too greedy. But say he is the next in progression. Even if he will one day be that good, unless Rodgers falls off a cliff or retires early, Hundley will have prove it somewhere else. That's why I wish he showed up four years later.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Trade him in 2 years to an AFC squad for their first or second round pick. Until that time, he is insurance for the unthinkable.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Trade him in 2 years to an AFC squad for their first or second round pick. Until that time, he is insurance for the unthinkable.
    Yeppers.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I'm trying not to be too greedy. But say he is the next in progression. Even if he will one day be that good, unless Rodgers falls off a cliff or retires early, Hundley will have prove it somewhere else. That's why I wish he showed up four years later.
    He is going to be this generations Brunnell, Brooks and Hasselbeck.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Forgot to mention this:

Whoever taught the receivers the new swipe move to escape bump coverage when running a slant should get a raise. It seems legal and effective. My two favorite words on offense. Or motorsports.

/wax on, wax off

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hundley looks like a Matt Ryan clone to me, except with more upside due to mobility and arm!

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    that was a great series by ghetto brett
    The Fresh Prince of Scray's Hill:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    you mean 4th round pick, tops.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I remember you blamed Abberderis for not being "athletic enough" to make this play. Racist! Probably explains your preference at QB too.

Posting this play ?? YOU STOOP TO NEW LEVELS EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    you mean 4th round pick, tops.
    Given our recent luck in doing this kind of thing, you would be right. Hardly seems worth the time investment for a one-round bump, but that't the case with most players, sadly.