Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Preseason Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I like Harris as a runner, but I can't get those early drops he made out of my head.
    Harris claims it is out of character for him, that he is good pass catcher.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Now THAT was Crockett!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Well, Walker was having trouble with a zone block when he was backside and chasing.

But on a play side drive block he just stuck 71 with two hands and drove him back standing 2 yards on that Crockett TD.
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-03-2015 at 09:07 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm buying a Harris Packer jersey, I like his size, power, quickness. Might be a special order.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I'm buying a Harris Packer jersey, I like his size, power, quickness. Might be a special order.
    I'm buying a Crockett coonskin hat. I like his Lambeau Leap.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I am not sure if I want Neal or Crockett as the 3rd RB.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

If you want to show the players how to tackle, buy a Fanor jersey.

Elliot covers nicely when he drops off LOS.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm buying a Crockett coonskin hat. I like his Lambeau Leap.
    Somehow I easily picture you in a coonskin hat. A musket is not such a reach either.

Now splain to me why Hundley isn't our #2 QB.

Now splain to me why Hundley isn't our #2 QB.
    Level of competition faced?

Plus experience starting and playing reg season. Knowledge of entire offense.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If you want to show the players how to tackle, buy a Fanor jersey.

Elliot covers nicely when he drops off LOS.
    I talked up Fanor before it was cool. Glad to hear Crockett looked good. Hope he makes the team or PS.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Hundley certainly looks like a natural.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I talked up Fanor before it was cool. Glad to hear Crockett looked good. Hope he makes the team or PS.
    Seriously, he might not cover a lick, but you wouldn't run by him. Or have a sweep or screen get past him.

This must be a bummer watching all these backups after watching the starters in the dress rehearsal last week.......oh wait.......

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Somehow I easily picture you in a coonskin hat. A musket is not such a reach either.
    Coonskin is actually redneck apparel. We sophisticated urban gadabouts prefer the tricorn.

I'm a big Fanor fan.

Whoever the hell that is.

Coonskin is actually redneck apparel. We sophisticated urban gadabouts prefer the tricorn.
    With or without a fife?

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    I'm a big Fanor fan.

Whoever the hell that is.
    Names Jean. He's French. But one of the mean ones.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    With or without a fife?
    Without. I'm a lifelong bachelor.

Every year the local sports media (especially Wayne Larivee) says a lot of the final Packer cuts will be on NFL rosters. Usually they turn out to be more green than gold. I think this is finally the year where some cuts make 53-man-rosters.