Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Preseason Games Thread

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    I'm a big Fanor fan.

Whoever the hell that is.
    Eddy Fanor is the greatest fastpitch softball pitcher who ever lived...The King and His Court.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Eddy Fanor is the greatest fastpitch softball pitcher who ever lived...The King and His Court.

I forgot about that guy....dude had a crew cut and a beer gut if I recall.

Without. I'm a lifelong bachelor.
    I always wondered what that word actually meant.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I forgot about that guy....dude had a crew cut and a beer gut if I recall.
    Yup. And he struck guys out pitching from 2nd base. His pitching arm was ripped and his other arm puny. LOL
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Yup. And he struck guys out pitching from 2nd base. His pitching arm was ripped and his other arm puny. LOL

Kind of the softball version of the globetrotters.

Hundley was 16 out of 23 for 236 yards and 4 TD's!

Hundley was 16 out of 23 for 236 yards and 4 TD's!
    guy really looked good the last two weeks

i'm thinking he could be the #2 this season

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    guy really looked good the last two weeks

i'm thinking he could be the #2 this season
    Agreed!
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    That was Bretsky. Guy is such a Badger homer, he think's Tolzien is Johnny U because he won the Johnny U Award in college.

For the record I've been wrong a few times; no Odell Thurman never made the hall of fame.

But HH you are a jogoff. Scott Tolzien is also a jagoff. He's about the only Badger QB I didn't like and he choked in a huge bowl game vs TCU....Badger choker.....lol

And Bretsky liked Hundley !!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Pinkard looks like he might have a future in the NFL. The guy he smoked (Jean-Baptiste) is goingto be an opening day starter for the Saints (perhaps only due to injury to Keenan Lewis)

Not that he'll make the roster, but if he works hard on the practice squad, he could find himself on the 53 during the season with a strong candidacy for playing time in the future with GB or another team. Physical skills seem to be present.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    For the record I've been wrong a few times; no Odell Thurman never made the hall of fame.

But HH you are a jogoff. Scott Tolzien is also a jagoff. He's about the only Badger QB I didn't like and he choked in a huge bowl game vs TCU....Badger choker.....lol

And Bretsky liked Hundley !!
    I remember you blamed Abberderis for not being "athletic enough" to make this play. Racist! Probably explains your preference at QB too.

He was plenty athletic enough. He got high enough, he just did so a half second early.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Now splain to me why Hundley isn't our #2 QB.
    Level of competition faced?

Plus experience starting and playing reg season. Knowledge of entire offense.
    Hundley did well last week with and against starters. Tolzien has played in 3 regular season games, with 2 starts. His experience might count for something, but not all that much. I don't doubt that Tolzien has a better understanding of the offense after two seasons than Hundley does after 4 months, but Hundley sure seems to be getting up to speed quickly. He looks better than Rodgers did as a rookie, and they entrusted Rodgers with the #2 spot.

I think they will keep both, but I don't have much less confidence in Hundley than in Tolzien. I think in a year or two, we will be wishing Hundley had come around about four years from now instead of this year.

I wonder what they can get for Rodgers in a trade four years from now?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Hundley did well last week with and against starters. Tolzien has played in 3 regular season games, with 2 starts. His experience might count for something, but not all that much. I don't doubt that Tolzien has a better understanding of the offense after two seasons than Hundley does after 4 months, but Hundley sure seems to be getting up to speed quickly. He looks better than Rodgers did as a rookie, and they entrusted Rodgers with the #2 spot.

I think they will keep both, but I don't have much less confidence in Hundley than in Tolzien. I think in a year or two, we will be wishing Hundley had come around about four years from now instead of this year.

I disagree with nothing here. If I was Tolzien, I would have a plan about where you might want to go and discuss it with Ted in case Hundley delivers in 2016/17.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I disagree with nothing here. If I was Tolzien, I would have a plan about where you might want to go and discuss it with Ted in case Hundley delivers in 2016/17.
    So, do the Packers trade Tolzien this year, or just let him walk at the end of the season? It would have to be a very peculiar circumstance for Tolzien to sign another contract with GB. I doubt he will get that big of a FA contract to bring much of a compensatory pick; unless, God-forbid, Rodgers is out and Tolzien puts together a decent slug of stats this year.

Depending on MM's comfort level with Hundley, TT might be hitting the phones to see what Tolzien is worth.

If we need to win this season with someone at QB other than #12, I'd say our best chance is with Hundley, from what I've seen of him. The reason is his strength and mobility in the pocket, his running ability and his ability to extend plays. If Tolzien starts, you get a typical, backup QB game manager. Defenses can easily game plan against him. Basically, pressure the hell out of him, and force him to make mistakes. You saw it last night with the attempted pass/almost a fumble play.

With Hundley you get Rodgers-lite (very lite but lite nevertheless). His legs are a real weapon despite his lack of experience. If he tucks and runs, his legs can mitigate mistakes and inexperience. His strength and ability to extend plays add a measure of unpredictability that defenses can't game plan for.

So, do the Packers trade Tolzien this year, or just let him walk at the end of the season? It would have to be a very peculiar circumstance for Tolzien to sign another contract with GB. I doubt he will get that big of a FA contract to bring much of a compensatory pick; unless, God-forbid, Rodgers is out and Tolzien puts together a decent slug of stats this year.

Depending on MM's comfort level with Hundley, TT might be hitting the phones to see what Tolzien is worth.
    Except that MM and other coaches suggested that Hundley is just scratching the surface of the play book. In a real game situation his lack of knowledge of the offense would really mess them up if the guy had to start a couple of games. He'd be easy to game plan for. I'm pretty sure Tolzien is number two, and Hundley three. I don't think the team is too worried about losing Tolzien after the year and getting little. And what's he worth now, anyway? A fifth or sixth round pick? He's worth more than that to this team this year.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Except that MM and other coaches suggested that Hundley is just scratching the surface of the play book. In a real game situation his lack of knowledge of the offense would really mess them up if the guy had to start a couple of games. He'd be easy to game plan for. I'm pretty sure Tolzien is number two, and Hundley three. I don't think the team is too worried about losing Tolzien after the year and getting little. And what's he worth now, anyway? A fifth or sixth round pick? He's worth more than that to this team this year.
    Yep. Tolzien has had three seasons with the team and 2 offseasons.

In an otherwise close call, the McCarthy will want the veteran. Doesn't mean he wins, but Ted would have to get good value. I can see him being tempted and would not be surprised if he is making calls and getting Blanchard on PS.

I'm already thinking this. Hundley isn't going to be Rodgers good, but if he ends up being a ten year serviceable starter, we'll wish he showed up late enough in Rodgers' career to take over. This early, serviceable backup, then hopefully a trade, a la Hasselback.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Best part of Hundley's game as a rookie is his pocket feel. For a kid that ran quite a bit of shotgun and some spread in college, he looks perfectly at home staying in the pocket and finding space to throw. He wasn't perfect, but he reset in a new spot more than once and was able to throw well.