Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Preseason Games Thread

we got a lot of work to do

Whenever a major injury occurs, I hearken back to the infamous Morgan Burnett "fuck" thread.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Well shit, just heard the news. This is a big blow. Who else went down today. Lang - concussion? Jones? Seems a lot of big players got hurt this weekend for other teams as well.

Really sucks losing Jordy. Damn! Just sucks

Tolzien evaluated for concussion along with Lang.

Randall and Hubbard needed IVs.

Rodgers banged up on sack for safety. Could have continued to play.

M3 is not commenting on preliminary diagnosis. Wants to wait for MRI. Maybe the team gets one back for missing Charles Johnson?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tolzien evaluated for concussion along with Lang.

Randall and Hubbard needed IVs.

Rodgers banged up on sack for safety. Could have continued to play.

M3 is not commenting on preliminary diagnosis. Wants to wait for MRI. Maybe the team gets one back for missing Charles Johnson?
    he got hit hard, i thought for sure he would stay down

Sounds like nobody made the team today but a lot of players went backward.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Outside of the Nelson injury it was a typical preseason game. Some good. Some bad. Barclay was brutal. Bakh might be more important to this team than Jordy. Some young guys stepped up. First team offenses went back and forth. Pack took the lead because Tolzien is better than Gradkowski. Pittsburgh won because Landry Jones at this point is better than Hundley and Blanchard.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Thanks Harv. We need you on this board.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Most times when initial diagnosis is Acl, it's that or worse. This is pretty depressing

Gunter is a lock. No way does he make PS.

Walker looked feasible at both Tackle spots. But he played strictly against backups.

Randall looked the part. Rollins too, though he did have two bad moments.

There is pass rush depth on this team (Vaughters, Elliot, Palmer from A gap, Jones had a couple of good ones, Gaston)

They ran for two short yardage scores. If Harris could catch, he would be a one man red zone band.

Ripkowski can play ST coverage. A sorely needed trait. Janis can do it too.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 17s18 seconds ago
    Always appreciate Tim Masthay's honesty. Said he's struggling to punt to right side of field right now. "I gotta figure it out quick."

Well that won't make anything predictable at all.

I just watched the 1st quarter on the DVR. I'm a little depressed/irritated because of the Nelson injury. I don't like reading articles entitled, "Holding out hope for good news tomorrow with MRI." Peeps - someone says ACL, it's the f'n ACL. He's done for the year, let's face it.

Observations from the 1st quarter

- Didn't know Nelson simply landed awkward and got hurt, I figured he was tackled awkwardly or something. Now, I'm pissed even more that the "turf" caused the injury.

- I'm sick of seeing Clinton-Dix fire through a gap and not make a tackle. It looks cool, but I'm sick of the whiffs.

- The Barclay experiment has to end. I don't know if it's mental or physical, but that man is not right and he should be third string, especially the way he played today. Time for Tretter, Walker or Vujnovich...I don't care, just not Barlcay. I've like what I've seen from Vujnovich in the past.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 17s18 seconds ago
    Always appreciate Tim Masthay's honesty. Said he's struggling to punt to right side of field right now. "I gotta figure it out quick."

Well that won't make anything predictable at all.

Ron Zook: "Tim, forget the right side. Just punt to the left."

KYPack

thats sure what it looked like

although gunter might have made it

I didn't see the game. Who went backward?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    thats sure what it looked like

although gunter might have made it
    Without having watched the second half yet, Ripkowski helped his case, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Barclay, at least his chance of being the backup at left tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It sounds like, from what I've read, Barclay, Janis, and Alonzo Harris all had problems that might reflect larger issues - pass pro, route-running, and lack of sure-handed ness.

KYPack

Barclay, at least his chance of being the backup at left tackle.
    I'm not sure when the Pack gets back to practice, but I'd bet that Barclay is not backing up the LT spot.

The way he played, I'm not sure he makes the 53. He was beyond brutal and I've only watched the 1st half so far, trying my best to key in on his play. Somethings not right with him.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I'm not sure when the Pack gets back to practice, but I'd bet that Barclay is not backing up the LT spot.

The way he played, I'm not sure he makes the 53. He was beyond brutal and I've only watched the 1st half so far, trying my best to key in on his play. Somethings not right with him.
    I think they still trust him at RT unless they are grading his summer more harshly than reporters.

But I would be stunned if someone (Walker) doesn't get LT reps versus at least the 2s through the next preseason game. It was pretty ugly. Though Walker himself was the 9th OL that went into the game (Barclay at LT for Bach, Taylor for Sitton, Gerhart for Lang).