Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Preseason Games Thread

Blog Entries
    Janis looked better tonight than I've seen him look in past. Agree on White finding zone holes.....keep em both

Wes Welker is the only UFA out there right now and he really seemed like he took a step back last year. He should have never left Brady and Hoodie Genius
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The Enrico Palazzo ‏@Enrico_Palazzo_ 4m4 minutes ago
    @JerseyAlGBP my Packers injury panic flowchart

#ItsEnricoPalazzo!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

What a clinic tonight. I think the special teams are my biggest issue. When will the bleeding stop.

Sounds like short term for each one:

After losing Jordy Nelson to a torn ACL in last week’s preseason loss at Pittsburgh, a serious injury to Cobb might have been the death knell to the season.
    “It felt like a bad dream,” Cobb said.

Instead, there was a “silver lining.” Cobb wouldn’t say what exactly was wrong but he did say what it wasn’t: a collarbone.

“I just caught the ball and was going down to the ground and I had a guy land on top of me,” Cobb said. “I was just jogging off the field at the end of the series and I could feel the pain. I didn’t know exactly what it was. It was discomfort and I let Doc (McKenzie) check it out and we went back and got X-rays. It’s not what we think it could’ve been.”
    Cobb wouldn’t say if he’d be OK for the Week 1 game at Chicago on Sept. 13.

“We’re taking it day by day right now,” Cobb said. “We’ll see come tomorrow what more we find out and we’ll go from there.”

Meanwhile, right tackle Bryan Bulaga sustained an ankle injury late in the first quarter and did not return and defensive back Micah Hyde exited with a neck injury about 5 minutes into the second quarter. Hyde was taken into the locker room on a cart but coach Mike McCarthy called it a “neck spasm.” McCarthy called more of a bruise than a sprain.
    http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...th-cobb-others
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago
    Asked if his ankle injury is anything to worry about, #Packers RT @BBulaga smiled and said "Not that I know of" as he headed out the door.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 48m48 minutes ago
    Five stories (four are free) from #Packers loss up at http://PackerReport.com Not among them but need to write, thought Barclay played well.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 7h7 hours ago
    Gotta go back and re-watch game, but my gut reaction is Don Barclay and the reconfigured o-line did a pretty fine job blocking for Hundley

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Janis looked better tonight than I've seen him look in past. Agree on White finding zone holes.....keep em both

Wes Welker is the only UFA out there right now and he really seemed like he took a step back last year. He should have never left Brady and Hoodie Genius
    Only hesitation with Janis is that he does his best right now against the backups like White does. Monty was doing some damage against the starters.

I will say this in defense of the Defense last night. The most common way to deal with shotgun spread offenses that run has been to blitz A gaps to make initial run reads harder and provide pass rush.

Packers rarely sent anyone and normally rushed four.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I will say this in defense of the Defense last night. The most common way to deal with shotgun spread offenses that run has been to blitz A gaps to make initial run reads harder and provide pass rush.

Packers rarely sent anyone and normally rushed four.
    Surprisingly, I wasn't concerned about the defense. Eagles had a short field all of the 1st half and Capers didn't blitz at all IIRC. Plus, it looked like they hadn't game planned at all for the Eagles. Putting Barrington on Sproles proved one thing, Sproles is gonna win every time.

They could have done much better, but the Defense is not the worst of our problems. Special Teams........ugh, it's gonna be a long year.

As always, everything seems worse during the heat of the moment in a preseason game. We obviously have some concerns with injuries, special teams, defense, etc. What team doesn't have similar issues going into the season?

The Packers treat the preseason less seriously than other teams. Perhaps this contributes to our slow starts the last few years, but I really have come to expect little except for some reps for the starters and determining the bottom half of the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Surprisingly, I wasn't concerned about the defense. Eagles had a short field all of the 1st half and Capers didn't blitz at all IIRC. Plus, it looked like they hadn't game planned at all for the Eagles. Putting Barrington on Sproles proved one thing, Sproles is gonna win every time.

They could have done much better, but the Defense is not the worst of our problems. Special Teams........ugh, it's gonna be a long year.
    Barrington may/may not be the answer at LB, but Sproles will make most LB's trying to cover him look silly.

hopefully bullets were dodged with cobb and dix. yes...i'm holding my bre a th...............

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 48m48 minutes ago
    Five stories (four are free) from #Packers loss up at http://PackerReport.com Not among them but need to write, thought Barclay played well.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 7h7 hours ago
    Gotta go back and re-watch game, but my gut reaction is Don Barclay and the reconfigured o-line did a pretty fine job blocking for Hundley
    But their run blocking left a lot to be desired. I know it was mostly backups against the Eagles' starters but not having a running game to speak of did Hundley no favors.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    hopefully bullets were dodged with cobb and dix. yes...i'm holding my bre a th...............
    Dix got hurt too???

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Dix got hurt too???
    Didn't hear anything about Dix. Cobb, Bulaga and Hyde were the only mentions

Four starters out on the O-line, can't really be surprised if the blocking is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Dix got hurt too???
    yeah, he got shaken up and came off late. not much mentioned about it, but he looked like something was wrong coming off the field

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    yeah, he got shaken up and came off late. not much mentioned about it, but he looked like something was wrong coming off the field
    The whole team should have come off the field looking like something was wrong....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Seemed like he made a good tackle or force late in the 4th quarter, Red.

He looked OK then.

Did he get nailed later than that?

Watching a little of the Cardinal/Raiders game, enough to see a couple of Richardson runs. Bad, bad, bad. Don't see him having a job this fall.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...