Thread: Streaming Packers Radio Network - WTF?

Streaming Packers Radio Network - WTF?

I'm listening to the pregame show through a static storm on a crappy AM station.

What is accomplished by not allowing stations to stream the local broadcast?

Are the local radio broadcasts really going to cannibalize NFL.com's video streaming business?
    I think not, those greedy fuckers.

If they streamed the games live, an audio player could delay the broadcast so it syncs up with the TV broadcast. Wouldn't that be great, to once again at least have the option to hear the homers?

Hell, I'd pay a modest subscription fee to stream audio for the season.

Anybody find a location that streams the PRN? I doubt it.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    bingo! thanks.

It is out of sync with over-air broadcast by several minutes. At first I thought it was different broadcast entirely, but I must have been in commercial time.

It will be interesting to see if/how the game stream will align with TV broadcast. This could be good. Gold, Jerry, Gold.

It seems like other stations in network are not streaming football.

That player doesn't work for me, but so what.
    I just got this sweet digital radio for my living room stereo, gonna dial-in WTMJ.
    I'm so happy I could cry.

Is the game 7:30 CST or 7:30 EST?

Ahh fuck, they aren't using standard streaming protocols, only works with a computer running adobe flash. Well, still good. Baby steps.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Is the game 7:30 CST or 7:30 EST?
    T minus 18 minutes

It's 7:30 EST. The per the reddshit thread.

E: Thanks Harlan!

it's on nfl network for those that have it.

Thanks for this btw. I streamed it by hot spotting my laptop off my phone then changed my ip to an American one. Goodness I missed the Packers

I would have loved to have tmj in the background calling the game but the announcing wouldn't match what I was seeing. The NE announcers were horrible. They talked and talked and didn't tell you anything. I understand they are homers but most of the time I had no clue what was going on on the field - who made a tackle or who made a catch for us. Do our guys not tell their audience who made a play regardless of which team? The officials were lousy too. Most of the time they didn't even give the number of the offending party.

BTW, the homer radio stream is several minutes behind the TV broadcast. Well played, NFL billionaires. Thinking about it, the TV networks wouldn't want the local fucks cutting-out the constant stream of promos their announcers recite, not to mention the commercial breaks. They paid a jillion dollars for broadcast rights, and damned if the little people are gonna bypass their money makers.

So they got us. We're gonna listen to Troy & Joe & Kevin & Kenny and that's that.

ps. Can anybody watch Erin Andrews and not flashback in your mind to that horrible, scandalous, vile nudie video? Maybe Pugger.

What video?