Thread: This sucks for the Bears

This sucks for the Bears

Kevin White to have surgery, may miss entire season.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...rgery-on-shin/

With Brandon Marshall gone, Bears now have to be praying that Alshon Jeffery stays healthy. Of course, they have a QB who makes almost as much as Rodgers, so I'm sure they'll be fine.

LOL

poor bears

John Fox and Vic Fangio's new defense has been taking a drubbing too. Going to take some time to adjust I think.

Did they go 3-4, hybrid or stay 4-3? Pretty sure I read Shea McClellin was moving around though.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...15-column.html

Matt Bowen on Fangio and the Bears D. Will come back to this.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The Vegas over/under on wins for them is 7.5

Take the under.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...15-column.html

Matt Bowen on Fangio and the Bears D. Will come back to this.
    Allen and McClellin in new spots. Its a 3-4, I now remember reading that Allen would be on the move earlier this year.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    John Fox and Vic Fangio's new defense has been taking a drubbing too. Going to take some time and new players to adjust I think.
    FIFY
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The Bears D doesn't have the same talent that San Fran's did. That SF D was absolutely loaded in the front 7.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Friday, I listened to an interview with Bowen on 670. He was really critical of the roster. Said McClellan showed nothing to make it look like he can play inside or anywhere else on the defense, and Jared Allen doesn't look like he can transition to LB He said no one in the D backfield looks willing to step up to tackle Eddie Lacy, or capable of covering Nelson or Cobb. Then he and the show host talked about the Packers having two or three Nelsons, because no one WR can show up so many places doing so many things. Concluded by saying it looks likely that the Bears D coaches will soon conclude, if they haven't already, that this year will be a lost year as far as rebuilding, because there isn't much to work with.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Concluded by saying it looks likely that the Bears D coaches will soon conclude, if they haven't already, that this year will be a lost year as far as rebuilding, because there isn't much to work with.
    So White being out is a good thing for them since it likely improves their draft slot next year. Draft is in Chicago again next year so perhaps they'll be battling for the top pick.
    Anyone know if they can afford to dump Cutler after this year? What a load that guy is on the franchise.

I feel like the answer to that question is yes.

Blog Entries
    According to Spotrac, Cutler goes from $29,500,000 dead cap hit this year down to $13,000,000 if he gets cut next year - $11 mil after June 1. Huge difference obviously but $13 mil hit to cut a guy is nothing to sneeze at.

What a colossal mistake that was to give Cutler that contract extension. They could have let him go and drafted Bridgewater or Derek Carr on the 1st round. They would have their QB of the future and they'd be paying one of those guys about 15 million less than they're paying Cutler. And that's why they're the Bears.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    The Vegas over/under on wins for them is 7.5

Take the under.
    They will be lucky to win 4 games. I think they are serious candidates for worst record this year.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Washington *clears throat*

And Winston's not lighting it up in Tampa. I don't know that they're any better than they were last year.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    They will be lucky to win 4 games. I think they are serious candidates for worst record this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Washington *clears throat*

And Winston's not lighting it up in Tampa. I don't know that they're any better than they were last year.
    Washington, Tampa, SF, and others will be in the mix for the #1 draft pick, but with the Bears dubious offense and a defense that could be worse than last year's mess, they may well be contenders for the worst record in the NFL.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Washington, Tampa, SF, and others will be in the mix for the #1 draft pick, but with the Bears dubious offense and a defense that could be worse than last year's mess, they may well be contenders for the worst record in the NFL.
    I doubt that the defense will be worse. While they don't have the personnel they really need to execute that defense, they've replaced one of the worst DC's with one of the best. They're the worst team in the division, but probably not truly horrible.

It's still bottom of the barrel, but maybe not quite the laughing stock as in the last few seasons? I think their roster is just very weak and their draft this season was the worst in the division, the way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I doubt that the defense will be worse. While they don't have the personnel they really need to execute that defense, they've replaced one of the worst DC's with one of the best. They're the worst team in the division, but probably not truly horrible.
    I guess they will be a good coach vs player experiment. The talent there is mostly lacking, and one of their best players (Allen) will be out of position. That plus a players learning the 3-4 is a recipe for a very bad defense. It is possible that the coach last year made the team play much worse than their talent level, considering they managed to give up back to back 50 games.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!