Thread: JC Tretter - what happened to Mr. Versatile?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Because Bulaga broke last time they put him at LT and they don't want to screw around with the unit that will keep Rodgers healthy and thus be the key to the Packers offensive success this year. Bulaga plays his two series at RT and then goes to the bench. Barclay gets to go out to LT and get beaten like a gong until he either gets his feet under himself and his mind right or loses whatever confidence he has left.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Because Bulaga broke last time they put him at LT and they don't want to screw around with the unit that will keep Rodgers healthy
    There is no unit to not screw around with. It is a makeshift line.

I guess they are putting Barclay out there because they think he may yet come around and be the backup LT for 2016. Only thing that makes sense.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    There is no unit to not screw around with. It is a makeshift line.
    The starting line is not 'makeshift' and there's no 'screwing around' going on. Bacteria, Lang and Sitton are all expected to start. What's 'makeshift' is the line with three starters out, which is reality for most teams. Packers of course have to be shitting their pants to see Barclay play worse than Marshmallow Outhouse. The answer is not to start 'screwing around' with other positions that are pretty well set. They need an alternative to Barclay as backup LT. What is it? I don't know. Need to figure it out without getting QBs killed.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck