Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Predict the cut down to 75

Predict the cut down to 75

Who goes in the first round? The Packers are currently at 88, having just signed a WR named Butler. Interesting, he's from Louisiana-Lafayette, same place as Ringo and the RB Harris, another UDFA. They must've seen something they liked when they were having a look at Ringo.

Here's who I think will go. No big surprises in the first round of cut downs, mostly bottom of the roster guys who were hurt and couldn't practice/play, or who didn't get on the field during the first two preseason games.

Mostly rookies, but 3 first year guys and Nelson. First 11 I'm pretty sure of, The last two I think are the bubble guys, and could stay or go.

Jordy Nelson to IR 8-(
    Jared Abbrederis - I think he goes now, they have to IR or waive him
    Jimmie Hunt, WR
    Javess Blue, WR
    Alonzo Harris, RB
    Vince Kowalski, OL
    Fabbians Ebbele, OL
    Tavarus Dantzler, LB
    Josh Francis, LB
    Lavon Hooks, DL
    Kyle Sebetic, CB

Bubble guys, pick 2
    Harold Spears, TE - been ok, but 5th TE on the depth chart
    Tay Glover-Wright, CB
    Andy Phillips, OL

Added bonus: official dark horse pick to make the 53 - WR Ed Williams!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Alonzo Harris won't get cut, he was out Saturday with injury. If Neal were injured this Thursday, Harris is potential keeper. Harris is also PS possibility. He looks like FB.

I'm not going to weigh-in on the Fabbians Ebbele decision, leave that for others to debate.

I doubt we cut Abby tomorrow. I'm pretty sure he's gone at the cut to 53, though. I suspect Hooks or Dantzler might stick for one more week, maaaaybe Kowalski. Everyone else you listed is donezo.

I put Harris on because Crockett got carries against the Eagles and looked ok. Abby, I think they cut bait sooner rather than later, I think the main question there is if they still see something and IR him for another year.

Feel free to replace Ebbele or Kowalski with Jeremy Vujnovich, pretty sure it's just a matter of order.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I put Harris on because Crockett got carries against the Eagles and looked ok. Abby, I think they cut bait sooner rather than later, I think the main question there is if they still see something and IR him for another year.

Feel free to replace Ebbele or Kowalski with Jeremy Vujnovich, pretty sure it's just a matter of order.
    I don't think Abby makes the team, but if he can get healthy before the cut to 53, that's one less injury settlement they have to pay.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I was only kidding about Ebbele, never saw his name before.

I'm more in love with Harris than most because he has a lot of speed for a FB-sized player. Plus (according to him) he's a good pass catcher, the drops are out of character.

I don't know if Harris is an NFL player, but he is nifty for his size.

McGinn on Vujnovich
    Jeremy Vujnovich, the second-year free agent from Division III Louisiana College, played the entire second half (40 snaps) and gave up just one hurry.

After Bakhtiari, Vujnovich might be the next best pass blocker at left tackle. He needs even more strength and bulk, but his feet are NFL-caliber.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...323393111.html

A guy to try to get to PS

Didn't know that about Vujnovich, if he got that long of a look I think he makes it past this round of cuts. He was on the PS last year.

The only thing I could find about Ebbele is that he's 6'8" - taller than Julius Peppers.

Interesting Smidgeon - do they keep him around in hopes that he gets healthy before they let him go? Feels slimy, but I could see it.
    --

I suspect they won't IR Abby but will release him at the next cut downs and then put him on PS so he can practice. I don't see anybody claiming him seeing he hasn't played yet and he can't practice if he is put on IR.

Interesting quote from MM:
    (On Jared Abbrederis) I'm hopeful Jared Abbrederis practices today. That's one of the moving variables we have in getting ready for 75.
    Really sounds like they hope he is cleared to practice so they can cut him and let someone else stick around for Thursday's game.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 7m7 minutes ago
    The #Packers have released QB Matt Blanchard, according to a source.

Wow. Thought they would try to trade either him or Tolzien. He HAS to get picked up in a League where Josh Freeman is still a QB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 7m7 minutes ago
    The #Packers have released QB Matt Blanchard, according to a source.

Wow. Thought they would try to trade either him or Tolzien. He HAS to get picked up in a League where Josh Freeman is still a QB.
    Did I ever whiff on that one. I looked briefly at him, but figured they only had 4 QBs in camp, and would keep him for at least another round even if it was just as a camp arm.

I thought all the moves were supposed to be announced by 3?
    --

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

I'm more in love with Harris than most because he has a lot of speed for a FB-sized player. Plus (according to him) he's a good pass catcher, the drops are out of character.
    how many drops before they are 'in character?' Seems like James Jones' bar was set at about '1'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Did I ever whiff on that one. I looked briefly at him, but figured they only had 4 QBs in camp, and would keep him for at least another round even if it was just as a camp arm.

Pacific?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Brandon Fields please
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Submitted to league office by 3. I don't think anyone is obligated to announce them. If I'm wrong on that last point, the Packers wait as long as possible to announce theirs. Typically one of the last ones to do so.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Released:
    Tavarus Dantzler (LB).
    Fabbians Ebbele (OT).
    Josh Francis (ILB).
    Lavon Hooks (DL).
    Vince Kowalski (OT).
    Adrian Hubbard (LB).
    Matt Blanchard (QB).
    James Butler (WR).
    Kyle Sebetic (DB).
    Harold Spears (TE).

IR (after waivers):
    Javess Blue (WR).
    Jimmie Hunt (WR).

IR:
    Jordy Nelson (WR).

Biggest surprise to me is they kept Abby (now that he is cleared) and cut Blanchard. I figured they'd try to get him on the PS. Maybe he asked to be cut so that another team with crappy QB's could pick him up.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 8m8 minutes ago
    The five players the #Packers cut Monday all cleared waivers today
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Released:
    Tavarus Dantzler (LB).
    Fabbians Ebbele (OT).
    Josh Francis (ILB).
    Lavon Hooks (DL).
    Vince Kowalski (OT).
    Adrian Hubbard (LB).
    Matt Blanchard (QB).
    James Butler (WR).
    Kyle Sebetic (DB).
    Harold Spears (TE).

IR (after waivers):
    Javess Blue (WR).
    Jimmie Hunt (WR).

IR:
    Jordy Nelson (WR).
    You might see some of these back on PS in a week. An article at the start of camp said some GMs use the first cut for players they want to "sneak" onto PS. No one is looking to claim players this week, with so many cuts to be made between now and the final cutdown. By and large everyone cut now will clear waivers. Then it comes down to where a player WANTS to go.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hubbard, Blanchard and one of the OTs back.

If only these guys had played soccer and learned how to fake a devastating leg injury.