Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: __________, We Hardly Knew Ye

__________, We Hardly Knew Ye

This thread came about after Patler mentioned in an earlier post that he thought Casey Hayward would be but a memory come this time next year. Bob McGinn, as usual, stole the idea from Packerrats and wrote a story on Hayward's mediocre play outside so far this training camp.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...323393111.html

This got me to thinking about guys currently on the roster who might not be around next year and whom we never really got to see - maybe due to recurring injuries, or maybe because they just got buried.

So who are the guys who might not be around next year, or perhaps even could be surprise cuts - the guys who were around for a while but we never really got to see much of.

Hayward is, of course, one. I think Nick Perry fits this perfectly, too. I don't think we ever got to know him as a player, due to the incessant injuries that seemed to limit his development and effectiveness. Abbrederis seems likely on the same track. And maybe Myles White - seems like he's been around forever, yet he's never made much of an impression.

Who else?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Datone jones

I see no future for Najeh Davenport.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Datone jones
    Good choice. Defensive lineman are hard to draft. Green Bay has seen bad picks forever, it's not just TT misfiring.

T.J. Rubley.

Guys currently on the roster, guys.

TJ Rubley was here two years ago in the form of Vince Young and Seneca Wallace, but neither he nor his ghosts are here now.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Flash back Mondays.

Don Barclay.

Nick Perry if he keeps this up. The contract drive for him is stuck in neutral.

He is stuck in a rut the size of the Snake River Canyon.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Guys currently on the roster, guys.

TJ Rubley was here two years ago in the form of Vince Young and Seneca Wallace, but neither he nor his ghosts are here now.
    And before that as Tim Couch, who sued the Packers for an injury settlement, IIRC. None of those 3 threw an interception in a regular season game, however.

So who's gone...put me down for Demetri Goodson (numbers game, two draft picks and Gunther ahead of him) and Khyri Thornton. Other than possibly the already mentioned Hayward, I don't see anyone with more tenure than those guys being gone. Ok, maybe Tretter, if he gets so much as a hang nail.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Thornton and Bradford are my 2 picks.
    Go PACK

Masthay

(They'll trade up for a punter in the 3rd round next year).
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Myles White - he was on the bubble before Jordy got hurt.

Thornton - he might be gone before September is over.

James Starks - Rajion Neal is a better receiver and blocker.

Sean Richardson - Doesn't seem to have gotten better.

Tolzien - Hundley will be the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

I could see Neal replacing Starks - I'd hardly call that a 'hardly knew you' though, he pieced together a 5 year career with the Packers.

I don't see Richardson leaving, he or Hyde are the third safety on the depth chart.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Myles White - he was on the bubble before Jordy got hurt.

Thornton - he might be gone before September is over.

This is the only thoughtful post other than the OP. These are all guys that we had hopes for or teased a bit, but never really broke out. All guys who could be gone sooner rather than later.

I am going to add Hubbard. He's been hanging around on physical traits, but failed to produce. Datone has definitely been a disappointment.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Starks is a good player, he'll leave because he is an aging 2nd-tier running back who had a good career. Neal looks like a better receiver than most of the receivers.

Tolzien - he is free agent and will probably get good offer. If he comes back to GB, it is possible Hundley beats him out, but not certain.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    This is the only thoughtful post other than the OP. These are all guys that we had hopes for or teased a bit, but never really broke out. All guys who could be gone sooner rather than later.

I am going to add Hubbard. He's been hanging around on physical traits, but failed to produce. Datone has definitely been a disappointment.
    I'd have to agree on Hubbard. And my guess is that they IR bbredaris, and two years from now he'll be as well remembered as that WR Wolf drafted from Arkansas, the one who had hammer toes. That guy.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'd have to agree on Hubbard. And my guess is that they IR bbredaris, and two years from now he'll be as well remembered as that WR Wolf drafted from Arkansas, the one who had hammer toes. That guy.
    Or the ILB from Penn State, Mark D'Onofrio. He really could have used a smoothie.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Josh Walker. Tackles just don't appear like him as UDFAs.

Next year we will be talking about making a leap and by the cutdown to 53 everyone will want to be rid of him.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Starks is a good player, he'll leave because he is an aging 2nd-tier running back who had a good career. Neal looks like a better receiver than most of the receivers.
    I agree. Hampered by injuries a bit, the Stark Plug has been a decent player. Not every sixth-rounder can be Terrell Davis.

Neal will probably be lost to some sort of injury settlement, like all Packer third string running back prospects.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    That's fair. Starks wasn't really a "tease", but he had that nice run to the superbowl and many of us expected more from him than we got after that. But a 6th rounder who stuck around and produced some...not too bad.

Oh...and buh bye mr. Hubbard.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.