Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Cutdowns

2015 Cutdowns

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m1 minute ago
    Not surprisingly no surprises among #Packers first cuts. Ebbele, Francis, Hooks, Kowalski, Dantzler. That gets them to 83. Eight more to go.

5 down, Packers at 83 now. 8 more to get to 75.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m1 minute ago
    Nelson to IR makes it seven moves. Blue, Sebetic have been hurt so that's potentially two more.

Unless I missed something, the second Tweet imagining Nelson on IR, is an expectation, not a confirmation.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Not a Packers cut, but noteworthy...Trent Richardson cut by the Raiders.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Hard to believe the Colts gave up a D1 for him two years ago. Note to self: backs who can't crack 3.5 ypc in their first year probably weren't worth drafting at all, let alone giving up a first rounder to take them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Not a Packers cut, but noteworthy...Trent Richardson cut by the Raiders.
    Such an epic fall. Amazing how great he was in college, yet for some reason has terrible vision and can't read blocks at the NFL level.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Hard to believe the Colts gave up a D1 for him two years ago. Note to self: backs who can't crack 3.5 ypc in their first year probably weren't worth drafting at all, let alone giving up a first rounder to take them on.
    I don't really understand what happened to him. I mean... it was pretty easy to see that he was better than Mark Ingram in college yet Ingram has had a much better career to this point.

Richardson was a beast. Easily better than Marshawn Lynch coming out. Same power and strength but faster and better acceleration. Gotta wonder what the heck happened.

This is a great thread on him. Definitely worth a read.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...richardson_to/

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I don't really understand what happened to him. I mean... it was pretty easy to see that he was better than Mark Ingram in college yet Ingram has had a much better career to this point.

Richardson was a beast. Easily better than Marshawn Lynch coming out. Same power and strength but faster and better acceleration. Gotta wonder what the heck happened.

This is a great thread on him. Definitely worth a read.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...richardson_to/
    Perhaps the pro game moves to fast for him so he has problems reading his blocks and hitting the hole?

Oftentimes it's not the skills that don't translate but the attitude.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I don't really understand what happened to him.
    Cleveland happened to him.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I barely remember him as I try to avoid Nick Saban like I try to avoid Jim Harbaugh. Did he run at all like Ron Dayne?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yeah, I remember TR being considered better than McFadden and the closest thing to AP. He was supposed to be a hard worker, a real workshorse without any weaknesses...I think what happened is he got paid and surprised people in that he also got lazy.

Released on Tuesday -- QB Matt Blanchard, WR James Butler, LB Adrian Hubbard, CB Kyle Sebetic, TE Harold Spears. Waived/injured – WR Javess Blue, WR Jimmie Hunt. Placed on injured reserve -- WR Jordy Nelson. Released on Monday -- LB Tavarus Dantzler, T Fabbians Ebbele, LB Josh Francis, DT Lavon Hooks, T Vince Kowalski.
    Hubbard was certainly a physical specimen but I guess he could never put it together.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...keep-three-qbs
    Go PACK

looks like boykins is gonna return to GB

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    looks like boykins is gonna return to GB
    Where have you seen this? I haven't read anybody reputable who is reporting this. One of the JSO writers speculated the Packers might bring back Boykin, Jones, or Jeremy Ross--but I haven't seen anything concrete. I'd be surprised if they brought him back.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Where have you seen this? I haven't read anybody reputable who is reporting this. One of the JSO writers speculated the Packers might bring back Boykin, Jones, or Jeremy Ross--but I haven't seen anything concrete. I'd be surprised if they brought him back.
    Yahoo Sports reported this morning that packers are expected to sign Boykin, but it's just based on something Silverstein supposedly said. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jarrett...153039586.html

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Yahoo Sports reported this morning that packers are expected to sign Boykin, but it's just based on something Silverstein supposedly said. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jarrett...153039586.html
    I saw that, but it looks like somebody jumping the gun on Silverstein's report/speculation.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I saw that, but it looks like somebody jumping the gun on Silverstein's report/speculation.
    Let's see how the WR's perform Thursday night. If there is significant dropoff after Montgomery, Boykin might get the call.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    Let's see how the WR's perform Thursday night. If there is significant dropoff after Montgomery, Boykin might get the call.
    I saw a Drew Smith tweet that they might be interested in bringing him back if Cobb can't go in the opener. That would make more sense. Somebody with experience. Probably just for a game or three while Guion and Jones are suspeneded.

Once on Packerrats someone speculated that Drew Barrymore would date me if she became desperate and if I catfished her.

So this clearly means Drew Barrymore will date me. Or so it is being reported.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

yeah, thats the story i saw

the headline got me good

If Vujnovich outplays Barclay at tackle tonight, what do the Packers do at cutdown?

Vujnovich is strictly a tackle, maybe LT, but they have plenty of guard options.

Must be tempting to hold-on to potential. Practice squad is dicey.