Thread: 2015 Cutdowns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    The #Giants are cutting WR James Jones, source said. The #Packers have a need..
    i was a jones supporter when he was here but do we go there now...or later (if he doesn't go to another team) if the younger guys stumble?

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i was a jones supporter when he was here but do we go there now...or later (if he doesn't go to another team) if the younger guys stumble?
    IMO, you takle him now - you know what you're getting. If they keep 6 WRs, Cobb, Adams and Monty are locks. Janis Probably. Then you have Jones - makes 5. White and Abra-ca-dabra are left. one stays on the 53 one goes to the PS - my guess, Abra to the PS and White on the roster. AGAIN, if they keep 6.

If someone on the PS starts lighting it up - you release Jones and bring that person up. Plus, history shows, someone is gonna get hurt at the WR position. Jones has always been surprisingly healthy.

Getting Jones will make me feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    IMO, you takle him now - you know what you're getting. If they keep 6 WRs, Cobb, Adams and Monty are locks. Janis Probably. Then you have Jones - makes 5. White and Abra-ca-dabra are left. one stays on the 53 one goes to the PS - my guess, Abra to the PS and White on the roster. AGAIN, if they keep 6.

If someone on the PS starts lighting it up - you release Jones and bring that person up. Plus, history shows, someone is gonna get hurt at the WR position. Jones has always been surprisingly healthy.

Getting Jones will make me feel better.
    If they grab him now I think his vet salary is guaranteed for the year. Getting him after week 1 means he gets paid week to week (do I have that right?). My guess is Ted passes. If WR sitch gets worse after week1 and Jone is still available then maybe. But a 31yo #4 WR with limited ST value does not seem Ted's style. Doubtful.