Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Cutdowns

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    If Vujnovich outplays Barclay at tackle tonight, what do the Packers do at cutdown?

Vujnovich is strictly a tackle, maybe LT, but they have plenty of guard options.

Must be tempting to hold-on to potential. Practice squad is dicey.
    Well I've been told that the D-linemen aren't playing so we can't draw conclusions from what we see. So have to go with what the coaches tell us. Still, if the D-linemen aren't trying, and Barclay is still whiffing, I think that's pretty good evidence ya gotta let him go. If I were in MM's shoes, I'd start Vujnovich at LT, tell him his whole career is on the line, that his legacy and his family's legacy, stability, and access to food for generations to come depends solely on his performance tonight and then see how he fares.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Vujnovich had one bad play and not much to shout about. Barclay got two stints at RT.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

OK, I am throwing the cuts to 53 in this thread.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 7m7 minutes ago
    First cut of the day is in...the #Packers have released DB Ryan White
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-05-2015 at 10:46 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Weston Hodkiewicz @WesHod
    The #Packers have released safety Jean Fanor. He could be back on the practice squad.

Tackling just doesn't matter anymore, does it Ted?
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-05-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    The #Giants are cutting WR James Jones, source said. The #Packers have a need..

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2m2 minutes ago
    The #Packers have released offensive lineman Matt Rotheram. Big kid, a strong possibility for practice squad
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-05-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Blog Entries
    Demovsky Tweet
    Was told #Packers planning to keep rookie TE Kennard Backman, barring a last-minute change. Not sure what that means for Perillo, Henry.

Rotheram - thought he had a puncher's chance. I would expect him on the PS if he isn't picked up elsewhere.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    The #Giants are cutting WR James Jones, source said. The #Packers have a need..
    i was a jones supporter when he was here but do we go there now...or later (if he doesn't go to another team) if the younger guys stumble?

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2m2 minutes ago
    The #Packers have released offensive lineman Matt Rotheram. Big kid, a strong possibility for practice squad
    Numbers game, he'll be on the PS if someone doesn't put him on their 53 - which I can't see.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i was a jones supporter when he was here but do we go there now...or later (if he doesn't go to another team) if the younger guys stumble?
    IMO, you takle him now - you know what you're getting. If they keep 6 WRs, Cobb, Adams and Monty are locks. Janis Probably. Then you have Jones - makes 5. White and Abra-ca-dabra are left. one stays on the 53 one goes to the PS - my guess, Abra to the PS and White on the roster. AGAIN, if they keep 6.

If someone on the PS starts lighting it up - you release Jones and bring that person up. Plus, history shows, someone is gonna get hurt at the WR position. Jones has always been surprisingly healthy.

Getting Jones will make me feel better.

Weston Hodkiewicz @WesHod
    The #Packers have released OL Andy Phillips

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 46m46 minutes ago
    Was told #Packers planning to keep rookie TE Kennard Backman, barring a last-minute change. Not sure what that means for Perillo, Henry.

Blog Entries
    RB's Harris and NEAL cut. Crockett gonna stick?

Rob Demovsky@RobDemovskyThe Packers are releasing TE Justin Perillo, per a source. Indications are they're only keeping three at the... https://t.co/xVN7NA6Q6i

Blog Entries
    Perillo cut.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    RB's Harris and NEAL cut. Crockett gonna stick?
    Where did you see Neal?

Weston Hodkiewicz@WesHodThe #Packers have released RB Alonzo Harris

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Where did you see Neal?

What was up with all of the Packer ball handlers with clubs on during the preseason. I felt sorry for Harris and the TE.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    IMO, you takle him now - you know what you're getting. If they keep 6 WRs, Cobb, Adams and Monty are locks. Janis Probably. Then you have Jones - makes 5. White and Abra-ca-dabra are left. one stays on the 53 one goes to the PS - my guess, Abra to the PS and White on the roster. AGAIN, if they keep 6.

If someone on the PS starts lighting it up - you release Jones and bring that person up. Plus, history shows, someone is gonna get hurt at the WR position. Jones has always been surprisingly healthy.

Getting Jones will make me feel better.
    If they grab him now I think his vet salary is guaranteed for the year. Getting him after week 1 means he gets paid week to week (do I have that right?). My guess is Ted passes. If WR sitch gets worse after week1 and Jone is still available then maybe. But a 31yo #4 WR with limited ST value does not seem Ted's style. Doubtful.

Blog Entries
    Where did you see Neal?

Silverstein Tweet
    Been told that the #Packers have released RB Rajion Neal. That's a bit of a surprise.