Thread: 2015 Cutdowns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Where have you seen this? I haven't read anybody reputable who is reporting this. One of the JSO writers speculated the Packers might bring back Boykin, Jones, or Jeremy Ross--but I haven't seen anything concrete. I'd be surprised if they brought him back.
    Yahoo Sports reported this morning that packers are expected to sign Boykin, but it's just based on something Silverstein supposedly said. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jarrett...153039586.html

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Yahoo Sports reported this morning that packers are expected to sign Boykin, but it's just based on something Silverstein supposedly said. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jarrett...153039586.html
    I saw that, but it looks like somebody jumping the gun on Silverstein's report/speculation.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I saw that, but it looks like somebody jumping the gun on Silverstein's report/speculation.
    Let's see how the WR's perform Thursday night. If there is significant dropoff after Montgomery, Boykin might get the call.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    Let's see how the WR's perform Thursday night. If there is significant dropoff after Montgomery, Boykin might get the call.
    I saw a Drew Smith tweet that they might be interested in bringing him back if Cobb can't go in the opener. That would make more sense. Somebody with experience. Probably just for a game or three while Guion and Jones are suspeneded.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Once on Packerrats someone speculated that Drew Barrymore would date me if she became desperate and if I catfished her.

So this clearly means Drew Barrymore will date me. Or so it is being reported.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

yeah, thats the story i saw

the headline got me good

If Vujnovich outplays Barclay at tackle tonight, what do the Packers do at cutdown?

Vujnovich is strictly a tackle, maybe LT, but they have plenty of guard options.

Must be tempting to hold-on to potential. Practice squad is dicey.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    If Vujnovich outplays Barclay at tackle tonight, what do the Packers do at cutdown?

Vujnovich is strictly a tackle, maybe LT, but they have plenty of guard options.

Must be tempting to hold-on to potential. Practice squad is dicey.
    Well I've been told that the D-linemen aren't playing so we can't draw conclusions from what we see. So have to go with what the coaches tell us. Still, if the D-linemen aren't trying, and Barclay is still whiffing, I think that's pretty good evidence ya gotta let him go. If I were in MM's shoes, I'd start Vujnovich at LT, tell him his whole career is on the line, that his legacy and his family's legacy, stability, and access to food for generations to come depends solely on his performance tonight and then see how he fares.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck