Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Cutdowns

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago
    Khyri Thornton is out. They'd like to keep on the PS after he missed all of last season.

Not sure this makes sense. He hadn't made the team last year until his injury put him on IR.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago
    Khyri Thornton is out. They'd like to keep on the PS after he missed all of last season.

Not sure this makes sense. He hadn't made the team last year until his injury put him on IR.
    Yeah we'll see. Agentspeak.

Blog Entries
    That's 2 2014 mid round picks gone.
    Yeah hopefully Dix, Adams, Rodgers, Linsley, Elliott, Pennel, maybe even Abby yet, make up for those 2.

Blog Entries
    Michael Cohen
    I've been told that rookie DT Christian Ringo is cut.

And then there were 3.

Blog Entries
    3 of these guys most likely gone yet:

Harris, Crockett
    White, Abby
    Gaston
    Goodson, Banjo, Glover-Wright
    Taylor, Barclay, Walker

Gaston has to be on the squad I'd say because cutting him would leave only 4 dlinemen for the first game.
    I'd be surprised to see both Harris and Crockett on the 53.
    Glover-Wright seems likely and then either Banjor or Goodson or Abby...

Gaston and Pennel played best of all the dlinemen in the preseason. Boyo makes it.

E: Boyo meaning Gaston. Boyd I feel should be released.
    Last edited by smuggler; 09-05-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Gaston and Pennel played best of all the dlinemen in the preseason. Boyo makes it.
    Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
    The Packers appear to be going with five defensive linemen for now: Mike Daniels, B.J. Raji, Mike Pennel, Josh Boyd ... espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId…
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Was Neal 3rd on depth chart or was that harris. Jeez, with lacey running style and starks always getting hurt, I thought they'd keep 3 rbs.

Edit: I see harris is still here, bug didn't he break hus hand or have a club
    I'm sorry...did you just say his husband broke his hand with a club?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I'm sorry...did you just say his husband broke his hand with a club?
    No, the bug did.

No, the bug did.
    Damn...big bug.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Rob Demovsky@RobDemovskyWith a little over an hour before final cuts are due, Alonzo Harris' camp has heard nothing from the #Packers.

That's Eddie, James, Alonzo, John, John and The Ripper. Gonna need more chairs in the RB meeting room.

HE'S STILL AROUND!!!

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 12m12 minutes ago
    With 16 moves in the books, I'd say I'm surprised by exactly zero of them. I had Bradford on my final roster but only because i had to add 2

Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 10m10 minutes ago
    @PackerReport Neal the only one I've missed so far.

Joe Arrigo ‏@joearrigo 10m10 minutes ago
    @JerseyAlGBP @PackerReport could mean Crockett ,makes it...I know they really liked him coming out & paid him good bread to sign w/ them

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago
    @joearrigo @JerseyAlGBP I've tried like crazy on crockett but gotten nowhere.

Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 5m5 minutes ago
    @PackerReport @joearrigo Crockett just didn't stand out to me enough in preseason to make the team. IDK.

Ryan Wood@ByRyanWoodOnly question left unanswered with less than 15 minutes to deadline is whether #Packers will indeed keep a third tailback. My guess is no.

Aren't there four tailbacks on the roster right now?

I'm not surprised that Ringo got cut, except for fact he is draft pick.

I would expect and undersized guy like him will need more experience before he can compete with first stringers.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I'm not surprised that Ringo got cut, except for fact he is draft pick.

I would expect and undersized guy like him will need more experience before he can compete with first stringers.
    Word is he barely flashed in camp and games, but they think he'll be easy to get to the PS.

Kind of shocked Neal was cut. He seemed better screen back and ran well. Joe Thomas played well IMO to make roster.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

That's 2 2014 mid round picks gone.
    and two very questionable picks at the time

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    Kind of shocked Neal was cut. He seemed better screen back and ran well.
    I am surprised too, but every year we get surprised by the decisions at backup RB. I think the preseason game competition might be deceptive.

I want them to keep Harris, but won't be surprised or disappointed if it is Crockett. He is both very quick and strong. I like Harris as short-yardage guy and a FB/TB tweener.

I've changed my mind on James Jones. I'd pick him up and cut Abberderis, White if necessary. Actually I'd keep 6 and hope to get Abby to PS. It's a big year, and they may need Jones.

jones knows the system, we know he can play in the system, and most importantly a-rod has confidence in him

he takes us from having 2 wr's and a bunch of young guys who may or may not step up, and gives us 3 solid WR's like we had when we started the year

not to mention he brings a vet presence that we lost when we lost jordy.

and like others have said. we're built to win the super bowl NOW, not in two or three years when one or two of those young guys might be able to turn into anything decent

and i would personally cut white for him, white like i said in the last GDT is all shake and no bake

keep abby as a 6th because you know we're gonna lose another wr or two before the season is over