Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Cutdowns

With Abby gone, they're down to 5 WRs, right? I really didn't think they'd carry 6.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    So, injury designation aside,

Pinkard, Rasco, Crockett, Vaughters, Ringo, Perillo, Fanor, Bradford, Williams (WR), and Abbrederis practice squad?
    I imagine a few of those guys make it, but TT usually puts a couple of late cuts he must've had his eye on from other teams on the squad as well, I don't think I've ever seen it comprised entirely of Packer cuts.

I bet Perillo moves on. After being on the PS then the 53 for part of last year, not making the squad is a pretty good indication he has no future with the Pack.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Tell that to Myles White.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaCheez View Post
    Khyri Thornton is another in a long list of defensive line busts. The Packers have a lot of trouble drafting good D linemen.
    Not making excuses for the picks, but the two that I can think of that were drafted high enough to cause expectations and then disappoint with ROI (Jerel Worthy and Khyri Thornton) were both injured early in their careers. There is never a good time to get injured, but early in your career has to be the worst. Neither player made it back after getting injured. My point is there has been some bad luck.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Not making excuses for the picks, but the two that I can think of that were drafted high enough to cause expectations and then disappoint with ROI (Jerel Worthy and Khyri Thornton) were both injured early in their careers. There is never a good time to get injured, but early in your career has to be the worst. Neither player made it back after getting injured. My point is there has been some bad luck.
    I think those were just bad picks. Thornton pulled a hamstring probably because as he has admitted, he showed up out of shape. He showed nothing even before he was hurt. Worthy was good in college because of his ability to beat his opponents off the snap. Once he started facing guys who were as quick as he was, he didn't really have anything else.

Justin Harrell is a guy who I think could play, but just couldn't stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So, is Harris' spot Ted playing games with the roster for PS moves?

Does Ripkowski get shuffled there midweek?

Is Abby moving to PS because they expect Jones in?
    I haven't quite figured it out, but I'm betting Harris won't be on the 53 when the season starts.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    And gaston will be gone when dl return from suspensio
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Carrying 6 D lineman is their norm. Likely a decision when Guion gets back after Week 3.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    With Abby gone, they're down to 5 WRs, right? I really didn't think they'd carry 6.
    with the way our guys usually get banged up during a season, we probably should keep 7 or 8

i'm guessing the over under on wr's that miss time do to hamstrings is 2

They should stick Magic and White in the same jersey number and call them one WR. Between the two of them, they might make it to 14 games.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm not so sure that Gaston doesn't beat out Boyd for that 6th spot when everybody is healthy.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

If they had to pick now, I think they'd take Gaston. We'll see if he's still kicking ass in three weeks against starting caliber players. I'm hoping for Boyd to get his head out of his ass so TT is forced to cut Banjo or (ideally) Goodson.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Tell that to Myles White.
    Yes, White was on our PS last year and now is on the 53. Its a shame about Jared but perhaps the best place for him this year is the PS. If he can stay healthy and show progress he might be able to resurrect his career in 2016.

I the original 10 signed to the practice squad in 2014 were all players released by the Packers. However, within just a couple days a few changes were made to both the regular roster and the practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Yes, White was on our PS last year and now is on the 53. Its a shame about Jared but perhaps the best place for him this year is the PS. If he can stay healthy and show progress he might be able to resurrect his career in 2016.
    White was on PS in 2013, too, then spent a few weeks on the regular roster before going on IR.
    GB has always moved a lot of players from their PS to the regular roster either the same year, or a year later.

Abrederris has essentially had no practice time at all these past two season. A year on someone's PS makes sense for him.

If there's an injury to White or Janis, I'd think Abby would get thr first call. If it's to Cobb, Davante, or (possibly even) Montgomery, they might get turtleneck on the line.

Polotröjan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I'm not so sure that Gaston doesn't beat out Boyd for that 6th spot when everybody is healthy.
    I do wonder which one's the better player. Boyd seems to have plateaued; my guess is that he's like Colin Cole -he'll carve out a nice career as a run-stopper gap-filler with a few different teams.

Keep Gaston, for he's a beauty AND a beast!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

GM fail.

Carolina Panthers @Panthers
    Ron Rivera says Ted Ginn and Corey Brown are the starting wide receivers entering Week 1 vs. Jacksonville.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    GM fail.

Carolina Panthers @Panthers
    Ron Rivera says Ted Ginn and Corey Brown are the starting wide receivers entering Week 1 vs. Jacksonville.
    Newton might break Vick's record for rushing yards by a QB in a season.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I just had a chance to watch the last pre-season game and he made a few plays. Plus, he's plus-sized. He's also especially good at expectorating.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck