Thread: Last Fearless Stab At The 53 Man Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if they picked up someone from the remains who can hold up at tackle over Barclay, Walker, and/or Tretter.
    That's asking a lot, tackles are scare commodities. I wonder if Vujnovich isn't the best option at backup tackle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    That's asking a lot, tackles are scare commodities. I wonder if Vujnovich isn't the best option at backup tackle.
    I don't think Vujnovich can hold up against a good bull rush consistently yet which is job 1. He needs another year to get stronger and heavier.

I don't think Vujnovich can hold up against a good bull rush consistently yet which is job 1. He needs another year to get stronger and heavier.
    He didn't get bull-rushed in preseason.

He'll be 25 in a month, he's no rookie. McGinn agrees with you that he needs more strength/bulk. At 25, you're not gonna get a complete makeover. Sure PS is ideal, but an LT prospect may get signed to a roster.

If his feet are excellent, and you don't want to lose the guy, maybe you have to live with his shortcomings. It's not like other options for tackle backup are flawless. Fish or cut bait; if he's a strong LT prospect, he's worth carrying on inactive list. He can play catch with Hundley.

Blog Entries
    He didn't get bull-rushed in preseason.

He'll be 25 in a month, he's no rookie. McGinn agrees with you that he needs more strength/bulk. At 25, you're not gonna get a complete makeover. Sure PS is ideal, but an LT prospect may get signed to a roster.

If his feet are excellent, and you don't want to lose the guy, maybe you have to live with his shortcomings. It's not like other options for tackle backup are flawless. Fish or cut bait; if he's a strong LT prospect, he's worth carrying on inactive list. He can play catch with Hundley.
    Yes he did. I don't have the games on tape but he got pushed back into the QB's space more than once in the preseason.

Yes he did. I don't have the games on tape but he got pushed back into the QB's space more than once in the preseason.
    He got trucked lat night on a play side run. Stuffed backwards into the ball carrier. At least two steps in retreat.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I think they have to keep Vuckovich. Might even take 'em over Barclays. Barclays is very overpriced for his ROI.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck