Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why Harris over Neal at RB?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Does he have much fat to lose? I'm not sure they want him gaining 10lbs!
    Good point. As long as it's good weight it wouldn't hurt though. He's obviously not in the NFL because of his speed and a bit more muscle may accentuate his strengths. His big frame seems to have room for growth. Brandon Jacobs was a 256 lb. beast of a back who carved out a nice career. Anything even remotely resembling that as a combo with Lacy would work well I think.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Good point. As long as it's good weight it wouldn't hurt though. He's obviously not in the NFL because of his speed and a bit more muscle may accentuate his strengths. His big frame seems to have room for growth. Brandon Jacobs was a 256 lb. beast of a back who carved out a nice career. Anything even remotely resembling that as a combo with Lacy would work well I think.
    What's puzzling is that because Packer RB's who are third stringers get so few carries they'd keep a guy who was not to my recollection mentioned as excelling either in ST or pass pro.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    What's puzzling is that because Packer RB's who are third stringers get so few carries they'd keep a guy who was not to my recollection mentioned as excelling either in ST or pass pro.
    Because the 3rd guy gets so few carries, this choice is as much about next year and beyond. Harris is a future #2. I don't want to see Neal carrying the ball with any regularity in any year.

Has to be because he was a better pass blocker than Neal, the coaches might also liked his toughness. I honestly thought Neal would make it but I'm not losing sleep over it. I didn't really take notice but maybe he was a more complete special teams player as well.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...324857791.html

Surprisingly, Neal, Crockett and Harris all had similar 40 times, Harris just slightly slower.

I heard several guys who saw practices say Harris was the best of three, Silverstein among them. He is very powerful. (Harris, not Silverstein.)

I thought Harris had excellent agility for big man, nifty feet.

This is a littly polyannish, but Harris said he is an excellent pass catcher, the preseason drops were out of character for him. I don't think a guy with hands-of-stone would say that.

Neal certainly looked excellent in preseason, but it is hard to judge with the backup competition.

In TT I trust on this one.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Crockett is back baby.

Tubbs is next.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...324857791.html

Surprisingly, Neal, Crockett and Harris all had similar 40 times, Harris just slightly slower.

I heard several guys who saw practices say Harris was the best of three, Silverstein among them. He is very powerful. (Harris, not Silverstein.)

I thought Harris had excellent agility for big man, nifty feet.

This is a littly polyannish, but Harris said he is an excellent pass catcher, the preseason drops were out of character for him. I don't think a guy with hands-of-stone would say that.

Neal certainly looked excellent in preseason, but it is hard to judge with the backup competition.
    What would he say? "I have hands of stone"?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    What would he say? "I have hands of stone"?
    He would say little or nothing, not claim that he has soft hands.

Believe what you will. We'll see over his GB career. (Which could end as soon as tomorrow. )

If you hint to the girl that you are well-endowed, there will be a moment of reckoning. No point in making it any worse than it has to be.

i'm awesome in the sack BTW

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Wait, is that what Alonso is saying? Or red?

Because as an answer to Joe's question, it would definitely change the subject.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Is this despite a small pecker?

KYPack

You and Harris with the "soft hands" claim.

Same-sized backup in case Lacy or Starks get banged up, or they are up by 35 with 4 minutes left and just want to run out the clock without putting miles on Lacy.