Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Practice squad

#9 would probably be whoever gets cut to make room for James Jones.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    So, will it be Myles White, Chris Banjo, Josh Walker or someone else? Hopefully, whoever it is can be re-signed to the PS. They could sign with with another team's PS, but that seems less likely.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    #9 would probably be whoever gets cut to make room for James Jones.
    Boyd perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Boyd perhaps?
    I doubt they'd roll with just 4 DL.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Then they might let a DB go. Do we really need 11 of 'em?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Then they might let a DB go. Do we really need 11 of 'em?
    I think it's a possibility that Goodson goes. Maybe Harris. You have to think there's a reason they are keeping one practice squad spot open. It might mean Myles White is safe for now (and Banjo and Richardson). I'm not sure those guys have practice squad eligibility left. White would seem to be the logical choice to get cut--since they have five solid WRs now and Abbrederis on the practice squad. However, they may be concerned about the health of Cobb and Montgomery, and they may want to reward White for his hard work. Then, they could cut White when they bring Jones off the suspended list.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

One of the beat writers posted a tweet that Harris was informed that he won't be the one cut to make room for Jones. Goodson or White perhaps?

Can't be White, if JJ was brought in to address WR injuries, I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Can't be White, if JJ was brought in to address WR injuries, I'd think.
    Actually, that might be telling when they do it. If they are worried about Cobb Week 1, no way does White get let go. But if he does, then it makes a bit more sense.

EDIT: supposed to be .... But if (Cobb) goes (in Week 1), then (White's release) makes a bit more sense.

Autocorrect makes it hard to type in telegraph.
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-07-2015 at 08:24 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Actually, that might be telling when they do it. If they are worried about Cobb Week 1, no way does White get let go. But if he does, then it makes a bit more sense.
    Agreed. Jones might be here to address the WR experience issue more than a WR injury issue.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Agreed. Jones might be here to address the WR experience issue more than a WR injury issue.
    Packers need receivers with more experience dropping critical passes?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Carl Bradford? Hoping he gets better is about like hoping your 70 year old wife gets better looking next year.

I agree. He's active and maybe could become a fill-in and special teamer if/when he figures it out, but his physical limitations will be very tough to offset.

I mean there's only so much you can do to overcome it all....

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 43s43 seconds ago
    Former #Packers RB Rajion Neal signed to the #Dolphins practice squad.

Between NE, Oakland, Kansas City and Miami, its like having a farm system.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Good luck Rageon.

Blog Entries
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ
    #Browns signed OL Garth Gerhart to the practice squad

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 2m2 minutes ago
    A lot of QBs work with their receivers in the off-season to develop timing, etc with those guys. Rodgers has never done this. Interesting.

An intern must have slipped this one past Ted. Packers signed CB Robertson Daniel, from some other pro team (Raiders).

That leaves nine, room for Myles.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/...bertson-Daniel

Robertson Daniel
    School: BYU
    Position: CB
    Bio: Junior-college transfer who started the past two seasons. Senior totals included 44 tackles, 1 INT and 14 PBUs after career-best 66 tackles the prior year.
    Positive: Nice-sized cornerback best in zone coverage. Fluid backpedaling, tracks the pass in the air and shows good route recognition. Quick up the field defending screen passes or the run, has a burst of closing speed and shows good anticipation.
    Negative: Gets turned on occasion. Bites on receivers moves then gets beat deep. Not a sure handed tackler.
    Analysis: Daniels is a nice-sized prospect who showed more flashes than consistency and a cornerback who must play well on special teams this summer.
    Another project for Joe Whitt. Negatives look like things that can be worked on.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post

I agree. He's active and maybe could become a fill-in and special teamer if/when he figures it out, but his physical limitations will be very tough to offset.

I mean there's only so much you can do to overcome it all....

Yikes

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/...bertson-Daniel
    Another project for Joe Whitt. Negatives look like things that can be worked on.
    Yeah interesting prospect. We won't see or hear boo from him now unless he sticks all year and shows up next offseason. Just checking out a couple vids on him, he looks like he might have a little Gunter in him but with 4.4 speed. Like you said Joe it looks like his weaknesses are correctable while his possible strengths can't be taught.