Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Practice squad

Sounds like White won't be put on the PS. Instead, they'll put Ed Williams there.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...325537661.html

That makes 10

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 52m52 minutes ago
    After Dr. Andrews cleared him for football last week, former No. 1 overall pick Jake Long is set to work out Weds for Atlanta, per source.

New Packer tackle maybe?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Sounds like White won't be put on the PS. Instead, they'll put Ed Williams there.

That makes 10
    From his performance this summer, I'd say White is NFL ready. The problem with putting him on PS is some team will sign him as soon as injuries happen. I was impressed with his improvement. Some have posted that he is not a downfield burner, but he clearly is plenty quick.

Myles be nibble, Myles be quick, Myles jump over the candlestick.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    After Dr. Andrews cleared him for football last week, former No. 1 overall pick Jake Long is set to work out Weds for Atlanta, per source.

New Packer tackle maybe?
    Are you suggesting he's the clubhouse favorite for the Bruce Wilkerson Award?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Are you suggesting he's the clubhouse favorite for the Bruce Wilkerson Award?
    That's gotta by Jones at this point. Maybe Adams. But Long was a very good tackle until he got really banged up.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    From his performance this summer, I'd say White is NFL ready. The problem with putting him on PS is some team will sign him as soon as injuries happen. I was impressed with his improvement. Some have posted that he is not a downfield burner, but he clearly is plenty quick.

Myles be nibble, Myles be quick, Myles jump over the candlestick.
    nibble? Freudian slip?

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

New Packer tackle maybe?
    If he can play, why would Atlanta let him leave?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    If he can play, why would Atlanta let him leave?
    Brett Favre?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I am not saying its doable, just that he is available.

Atlanta does need O line help. They were reshuffling last week. But you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post

That makes 10
    who-hoo! I picked him as a dark horse to actually make the squad, this is the next best thing!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I am not saying its doable, just that he is available.

Atlanta does need O line help. They were reshuffling last week. But you never know.

What was Long's injury anyway?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

ACL tear I think. Problem is, recently, his body just seems to be one injury right after another. He is 30, so its not exactly the same as the Packers trusting Bulaga to regain his form.

Long is done. Too many injuries. At one time he was a veritable HoF candidate...

A shame, but it happens to everyone eventually.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...s-news-reports

Can someone clear something up, please? I thought when the Packers signed Ed Williams instead of trying to re-sign Myles White (assuming he cleared waivers) that they already had their 10 practice squad players lined up. Now I heard about Robertson Daniel, CB from BYU. Was he on the original list of 10 and I missed it? Did they get rid of someone else to make room for Daniel? I was trying to find a story online, but only saw that he was signed, not that there was a player let go.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I think they originally had 8 of their own guys. Daniel was 9, and Williams was 10. I don't think they released anybody from the practice squad.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    So my curiosity question then is, did they offer Myles White a spot on the practice squad? If they had just waited for White to clear waivers, they could have saved him a spot on the practice squad, unless he said forget that. They weren't likely going to add Williams and White because they were targeting Daniel and depth at his position of CB. It seems odd that you don't try to get the guy back on your practice squad if you gave him a spot on the 53. So, I have to figure that even if the Packers made the offer, he likely turned it down to open up the spot for Williams. It would seem odd to not try and sign back "one of your own".
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    So my curiosity question then is, did they offer Myles White a spot on the practice squad? If they had just waited for White to clear waivers, they could have saved him a spot on the practice squad, unless he said forget that. They weren't likely going to add Williams and White because they were targeting Daniel and depth at his position of CB. It seems odd that you don't try to get the guy back on your practice squad if you gave him a spot on the 53. So, I have to figure that even if the Packers made the offer, he likely turned it down to open up the spot for Williams. It would seem odd to not try and sign back "one of your own".
    Someone posted a link (Harlan I think) that White was looked for more than PS baseline pay to agree to PS.