Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WEEK 1 NFL GAME THREAD - Other Games

Well, I can't complain...I have Brady on my fantasy team this year. haha
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

So many uncovered receivers for both teams.

And speaking of stinky, DHB was doing nothing to help on what was pretty much a game ending INT.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Roethlisberger deserved that one. Nothing DHB could have done would have broken it up. Just a dumb throw.

DHB did just about curl up and die before getting a first down earlier. But not sure he could have gotten back to that INT. Maybe fight back through DB and get flag like Miller did in end zone.

However, mostly it was Big Ben getting fooled by a single high safety who was weakside but rolled coverage over to playside just before the snap. Ben never saw him coming and lofted it for jump ball to DHB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    @AP_NFL: Steelers coaches mad during first half that headsets weren't working properly. The Latest: http://t.co/y0LqeQYHxZ #PITvsNE
    Steelers coaches say they were hearing Patriots radio in headsets

League security chief Jeff Miller was shown on the sidelines asking questions, and it didn’t look like they were about the Ideal Gas Law.

UPDATE 9:16 p.m. ET: According to Michele Tafoya, the Patriots headsets were taken down while league officials checked into it, and the issue was apparently resolved quickly.
    Report from AP was time stamped 9:25 so their info might be more detailed.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 12m12 minutes ago
    Tomlin clearly pissed over radio communication. Says it happens all the time in that building. Put it on NE. @AriF44

SiriusXM NFL Radio @SiriusXMNFL
    Patriots do not control the headsets. The NFL does. I once had a woman from the concession stand in my headsets at Fed EX field. - Mills

Welp

Steelers double down on the charge that the Patriots were responsible for the outage.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-headsetgate/

“This is the kind of stuff that happens to the visiting team in Gillette Stadium all the time,” the article said. “From the start of the game through the opening 14 minutes of the first quarter, the Steelers’ coaches’ headsets were receiving the Patriots Radio Network broadcast of the game. The broadcast was so loud that the Steelers coaches were unable to communicate, and the NFL rule is that if one team’s headsets are not working the other team is supposed to be forced to take their headsets off. It’s what the NFL calls the Equity Rule. Strangely enough, whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers’ headsets again started to receive the Patriots game broadcast.”
    Original article here: http://www.steelers.com/news/article...d-e9e9aee21c5f

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Why don't teams simply use a recording device on a set of headsets and submit that to the league if it happens so much. Get some documented proof.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Does this kind of crap happen in other stadiums or only in NE?

Hear on the radio this morning, the Steelers are saying that everytime the NFL official would go over and ask the Patriots to take their headsets off to equalize the teams resources, the problem with the Steelers headsets would go away. Then it would start again a couple minutes later.

Belichick and Brady doubling down on the 'gamesmanship'. Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Does this kind of crap happen in other stadiums or only in NE?
    Has happened a lot, everywhere. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ittsburgh-too/

It would not be difficult for the NFL to release an statement to explain the technical problem that occurred and clear the air. That is assuming it was merely an unintentional problem. Yet, they are not doing so.

Yeah, but cutting out of communications is different that somehow getting a completely unrelated feed. The headsets are encrypted, so it would be interesting to hear the explanation for how the broadcast feed got into the channel and was still understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Yeah, but cutting out of communications is different that somehow getting a completely unrelated feed. The headsets are encrypted, so it would be interesting to hear the explanation for how the broadcast feed got into the channel and was still understandable.
    Cross talk has happened forever. Not sure how encryption enters into that. http://articles.latimes.com/2003/oct...sp-nflfeature5

NFL did release a statement: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...mlin/72049514/

Stadim infrastructure. Patriots also saying they got radio signal.

Andrew Perloff ‏@andrewperloff 7m7 minutes ago
    Tony Dungy says he never had headset issues in NE. But it is common in the NFL. "It happens in a lot of stadiums. It happens all the time."

stadium power infrastructure issue, which was exacerbated by the inclement weather
    I would love to hear the technical explanation for how the stadium power infrastructure and inclement weather can cause this to happen. I guess somehow the stadium power infrastructure is acting as an antenna for the radio broadcast and the weather plays a role too? Then, the NFL's communications are such that they convert the unencrypted radio broadcast into audio that is transmitted to the headsets?

They must be using technology based off of the novelty crystal radio sets from the 60s.

SiriusXM NFL Radio @SiriusXMNFL
    Patriots do not control the headsets. The NFL does. I once had a woman from the concession stand in my headsets at Fed EX field. - Mills
    In fact, the NFL’s own Gameday Policy Manual states:
    Home clubs are responsible for the installation and maintenance of the coaching staff communications infrastructure.
    The plot thickens! Dom, Dom, Dom!

Reports emerged while the game was still ongoing that pointed to a “grounding issue.” That makes sense when considering the NFL’s “power infrastructure” statement, but it doesn’t make sense given what we know about the NFL’s wireless communication technology.
    We’re not sure how to reconcile the NFL’s explanation with their own requirements, unless the Patriots specifically have a noncompliant visitors’ coaching booth.

I was always under the impression that the home team supplied the headsets. The NFL supplies them instead?
    Go PACK