Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: WEEK 1 NFL GAME THREAD - Other Games

NFL doubles down on conventional interference exacerbated by the weather as the culprit.

“Based on our review to date, we believe that the audio interference on Steelers’ headsets last night was entirely attributable to an electrical issue made worse by the inclement weather; that it involved no manipulation by any individual; and that the Patriots had nothing to do with it,” the league’s statement said. “The issue was promptly resolved and there were no further problems for the remainder of the game. We will continue to review the matter to determine if there are technical steps that can be taken to avoid similar problems from occurring in other games.”
    Was updated late Friday afternoon: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-do-with-it/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    NFL doubles down on conventional interference exacerbated by the weather as the culprit.
    Was updated late Friday afternoon: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-do-with-it/
    If this is the case, Tomlin was stretching the truth just a leeeetle bit. Is that what they're saying? Judging by the fact that the Steelers decided not to file a formal complaint, I think they realize it too.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No, I meant the actual effectiveness and reach of the signal. Given the structure of the stadium, concrete and steel (I am assuming here), there must be some places were wireless signals are difficult to carry. So you need a number of extenders or amplifiers. I can see an owner preferring instead of that expense, to use the old system rather than new.

Its just a guess.
    Nah, I highly doubt that's the problem. RIM/Blackberry solved most of those issues years ago for your military after Desert Shield when they figured out the radios they had couldn't transmit through sand dunes. Consumer stuff might still suffer from it, but there it technology available that should work with no issues.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Goodell will bungle the investigation, butcher the punishment phase, and the Pats will appeal and win.
    Yes, well granted.

Packers had issues with the QBs wireless communication in their Patriot preseason game. Hundley couldn't hear Clements.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said such issues are not uncommon – regardless of where you’re playing.

“I think anytime you compete in this league long enough there's things that go wrong and you adjust,” McCarthy said during his early Friday morning news conference. “It's definitely not the first time it's happened in a game, and I'm sure it won't be the last.”
    http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...medium=twitter
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Need coaches with superpowers

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Why you run shotgun in short yardage is beyond me. Lynch thrown for loss, Rams win.

Melvin Gordon with sensational TD run. Unreal

Looks like that melvin td run overturned.