Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NFL Notes 2015

Official NFL Notes 2015

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 51s51 seconds ago
    By not suspending @NdamukongSuh and @REALPACMAN24, the NFL possibly hoped to avoid a fight it could lose http://wp.me/p14QSB-9QYl

Unbelievable. On field conduct was the one area on which they had established some consistency.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    By not suspending @NdamukongSuh and @REALPACMAN24, the NFL possibly hoped to avoid a fight it could lose http://wp.me/p14QSB-9QYl

Unbelievable. On field conduct was the one area on which they had established some consistency.
    what did you think the fallout was going to be from losing deflate case?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    what did you think the fallout was going to be from losing deflate case?
    Start with what works and duplicate that effort. Not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

This isn't rocket surgery; literally thousands of employers know how to navigate this stuff. Stay consistent. Apply the policy you applied in the last 20 cases. If the policy needs to change, give advanced warning. If its a huge change, push it through one of the committees to get input and comments (even if its just a nod in that direction). Then announce.

As long as you don't make it up as you go along, it'll work just as it has been.

Now game integrity is a mess and will need a more comprehensive fix. But on field conduct and the Drug and Alcohol Policy have been fine. It almost seems like they are throwing a temper tantrum.

Speaking of which, Pacman said the guy he was bouncing off his helmet had grabbed or punched his throat. Did anyone see that?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

No kidding. Suh should be suspended and suspended until he retires or he can't play anymore........or until he cleans up his act.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Start with what works and duplicate that effort. Not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

This isn't rocket surgery; literally thousands of employers know how to navigate this stuff. Stay consistent. Apply the policy you applied in the last 20 cases. If the policy needs to change, give advanced warning. If its a huge change, push it through one of the committees to get input and comments (even if its just a nod in that direction). Then announce.

As long as you don't make it up as you go along, it'll work just as it has been.

Now game integrity is a mess and will need a more comprehensive fix. But on field conduct and the Drug and Alcohol Policy have been fine. It almost seems like they are throwing a temper tantrum.

Speaking of which, Pacman said the guy he was bouncing off his helmet had grabbed or punched his throat. Did anyone see that?
    this doesn't really answer my question, but seems like a nice exposition of what you wanted to talk about.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

this doesn't really answer my question, but seems like a nice exposition of what you wanted to talk about.
    The answer is the first line. Stick with what works. In game conduct hasn't been an issue in terms of process.

NFL's version:

Ed Werder @Edwerderespn
    Rational for #NFL fining but not suspending Pacman: incident on field, Bengals penalized 15 yds, didn't swing helmet, Cooper wasn't injured,

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Suh didn't do anything, that's why the NFL isn't doing anything to him. He tackled Morris, and was getting off of him and in the process his knee hit Morris' facemask and the helmet came off. Suh's a shit, but this has been way overblown due to who he is.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Looked to me like Suh got up by trying to move through the area occupied by Morris' head. Most players get up by moving into open space. I doubt this was unintentional, but how can you prove it? You can't, and that is why he does it. No different than the "accidental" step backwards last year, right onto Aaron Rodgers leg. It was an awkward, long step; but you can't prove any intent. Just a coincidence that he landed on such a small target, and a gimpy one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Suh didn't do anything, that's why the NFL isn't doing anything to him. He tackled Morris, and was getting off of him and in the process his knee hit Morris' facemask and the helmet came off. Suh's a shit, but this has been way overblown due to who he is.
    I agree the helmet came off easy, but watch his leg kick out toward the guys head. It did not look like a natural motion. Also, he literally turns into the runner instead of getting up like a normal person and keeping some distance between them. I have done similar things in sports when the completive juices were really flowing. I think he was looking for some extra contact.

Is it finable? Maybe not, but it looks deliberate from where I am standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Looked to me like Suh got up by trying to move through the area occupied by Morris' head. Most players get up by moving into open space. I doubt this was unintentional, but how can you prove it? You can't, and that is why he does it. No different than the "accidental" step backwards last year, right onto Aaron Rodgers leg. It was an awkward, long step; but you can't prove any intent. Just a coincidence that he landed on such a small target, and a gimpy one at that.
    Time for some old school justice? Every offensive lineman should accidentally step on him several times a game and be sure to walk through his head at every opportunity. As long as you don't look while you are making contact they can't prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Time for some old school justice? Every offensive lineman should accidentally step on him several times a game and be sure to walk through his head at every opportunity. As long as you don't look while you are making contact they can't prove it!
    Yup>

Theoretically speaking, I wonder what would happen if Morris went to the Player's Union and wanted to pursue a complaint? While it sometimes seems the player's union is only interested in opposing the NFL front office, they do represent the players after all. It would never happen, but I wonder if they actually could oppose the NFL for failing to issue a punishment? That would be hilarious to see.

The answer is the first line. Stick with what works. In game conduct hasn't been an issue in terms of process.
    I agree, but that's not what I was rhetorically 'asking.'

I agree, but that's not what I was rhetorically 'asking.'
    Mea culpa.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Theoretically speaking, I wonder what would happen if Morris went to the Player's Union and wanted to pursue a complaint? While it sometimes seems the player's union is only interested in opposing the NFL front office, they do represent the players after all. It would never happen, but I wonder if they actually could oppose the NFL for failing to issue a punishment? That would be hilarious to see.
    I've been wondering that also. If I was an NFL player and they were suspending guys for using steroids and HGH, I wouldn't want the NFLPA to defend those guys. They are taking away my money by using illegal substances to improve their performance. That hurts my production verses other players and lowers my value.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Mea culpa.
    It's not a big deal. You made some good points. But, I should have just made a direct statement: All I'm saying is that when you get taken to court and lose, you're gonna be gun shy. And having the precedent of being taken to court and winning against the NFL will inevitably lead to more cases being taken to court against the NFL (especially the more nebulously addressed they are by the NFLPA and bargaining).

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I've been wondering that also. If I was an NFL player and they were suspending guys for using steroids and HGH, I wouldn't want the NFLPA to defend those guys. They are taking away my money by using illegal substances to improve their performance. That hurts my production verses other players and lowers my value.
    or forcing you to take risks to stay competitive. But having the NFLPA go against players might be seen to weaken the NFLPA, and to weaken player rights. It's a fine line to walk.

or forcing you to take risks to stay competitive. But having the NFLPA go against players might be seen to weaken the NFLPA, and to weaken player rights. It's a fine line to walk.
    I think they are firmly on one side of the line: Oppose the NFL front office in favor of individuals, even if it might be short-sighted and detrimental to players as a whole.

It's not a big deal. You made some good points. But, I should have just made a direct statement: All I'm saying is that when you get taken to court and lose, you're gonna be gun shy. And having the precedent of being taken to court and winning against the NFL will inevitably lead to more cases being taken to court against the NFL (especially the more nebulously addressed they are by the NFLPA and bargaining).
    Well, that is what I thought you meant originally. I am not having a good day for cognition or communication.

I understand gun shy, but to read either the Rice, Hardy, Peterson or Brady cases as having on impact on conduct during a game seems a big reach. There is ample precedent to stand on.