Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NFL Notes 2015

Lol

This article doesn't start off promising: when interviewing, try telling the owner and you boss they don't know what the hell they are doing! If they don't listen, you didn't want to work for them anyway.

But it does get better, especially with Tidwell's list of what he was looking for in a coach. All of this is after the fact, but his list isn't a bad place to start when hiring.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...head-nfl-trend

Bonus material, how easy it is to hurt little Greg Hardy's feelings. A mean coach and how it took extra time for him to be able to show his face at practice.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    With 57 years on this planet under his belt at that point, Zimmer most certainly was. And he became the latest example of trend in pro football to go older with head-coaching hires.
    What about the trend of hiring coaches who are heavy and then become fat?
    Holmgren in Seattle, Andy Reid, Stubby...there are others (my favorite was Denny Green, but that goes way back, so not part of 'trend.'. I guess Ryan is a counter example, where he had surgery lost weight and started to suck.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    What about the trend of hiring coaches who are heavy and then become fat?
    You mean American males who are younger and then become older?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...demote-manziel

Johnny Manziel's reign as Browns starting quarterback is over.

Just a short time after it began, head coach Mike Pettine took exception to a series of photos and videos that surfaced of Manziel allegedly partying during the Browns' bye week last week. The various media, which show Manziel wielding a champagne bottle just months after completing rehab, frustrated his head coach to a point that could seriously alter the Browns' future.

Every game, all season

When asked about the photos on Tuesday, Pettine said he was considering a benching. By late afternoon, he made it official, and dropped Manziel all the way to No. 3.
    Thus ends another remarkable chapter in Browns history.

just stupid that someone actually spent a 1st round pick on a guy with that many red flags to play QB

In 2016 the Browns will draft a QB and a WR/RB: #Thefutureisnow. I can't think of any franchise that has rebooted as frequently as the Browns. It's like they've been hacked by a Chinese superbug.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

What a waste.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Manziel acted like an idiot? I'm shocked! Absolutely shocked! I don't think ANYONE could have predicted that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Manziel acted like an idiot? I'm shocked! Absolutely shocked! I don't think ANYONE could have predicted that.
    Apparently not the Browns.

everyone BUT the browns were in on that joke, and maybe the cowboys. i think i remember JJ having to be restrained so he couldn't draft johnny

well, the owner got what he wanted, he can't really blame anyone else

Good piece on why Johnny Football isn't starting anymore: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-not-partying

The breach of trust in question came the following weekend, during the Browns' bye week. Just days after Manziel promised his coaches and his team he would stay out of the public eye and avoid drawing negative attention to himself—and saying so publicly—a video surfaced, shared by TMZ, of him partying in Austin, Texas.

But it wasn't just or specifically Manziel's partying that saw him benched. Though not a promising development given the time Manziel spent in rehab earlier this year, it was reportedly his denial of the video being current, his instruction to his friends to deny the freshness of the video to the Browns' brass and the outright lying he did to try to cover his tracks that ultimately doomed him, according to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports.

Did some say pass the eye test?

Wow. I believe I am now qualified to be the GM of the Cleveland Browns. And so is my dog.

If you were TedThompson, wouldn't you be drooling at the prospect of making a draft-day trade with them?

That would be the one team where you could pull off the fan's fantasy of trading your third-string long snapper for a second round draft pick.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That would be the one team where you could pull off the fan's fantasy of trading your third-string long snapper for a second round draft pick.
    hang on there a second professor. That long-snapper is now our QB.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    hang on there a second professor. That long-snapper is now our QB.
    And center. Packers down to 10 on offense. Ted still refuses to fire the injured and bring in the street talent.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/120328204.html

Hot Scout Takes
    1. Gabbert is better than Newton (not even the GMs who actually drafted agreed with that one)
    2. Josh Freeman, best young signal called in game
    3. And the best of all:

"I don't like any of them, really," said a national scout for a team with an established starter. "There's no Sam Bradfords. There's no Josh Freeman. I think they're all second- or third rounders."
    I'd give him a pass on Bradford due to injury, even though he was thought to be injury prone prior to his NFL career. Face it, its a crapshoot. There are too many variables. You take the best talent and work hard with it and pray.

4. Second best QB in that draft? Ranked sixth by scouts:

Tied for third were Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett, each with 43 points. They were followed by Christian Ponder (37), Andy Dalton (15), Colin Kaepernick (11) and Ricky Stanzi (seven).

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/120328204.html

Hot Scout Takes
    1. Gabbert is better than Newton (not even the GMs who actually drafted agreed with that one)
    2. Josh Freeman, best young signal called in game
    3. And the best of all:

I'd give him a pass on Bradford due to injury, even though he was thought to be injury prone prior to his NFL career. Face it, its a crapshoot. There are too many variables. You take the best talent and work hard with it and pray.

4. Second best QB in that draft? Ranked sixth by scouts:

I like McGinn's take on who needed a QB:

Dominik doesn't need one, having hit on Josh Freeman in 2009.
    That bubble sure burst quickly. Freeman bounced around a few teams for a couple years after TB gave up on him somewhat quickly. Now plays for the Brooklyn Bolts of something called the FXFL.

Well, maybe Dominik is now the GM of the Brooklyn Bolts, so he really doesn't need a QB. Maybe McGinn was right after all.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    ... of something called the FXFL.
    FUFXFL