Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NFL Notes 2015

^ Its where all the scouts wear their name on the back of their track suit, but the players are anonymous.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 5h5 hours ago
    Honest, raw and ballsy piece by @edsbritton providing a glimpse into our weird little universe. Respect.

The CauldronVerified account
    ‏@TheCauldron
    .@NFL player says #Adderall is league’s dirty little secret: http://on.si.com/1NHscDv | via @SInow @si_nfl |

ANYONE ELSE SUSPECT THAT SILVER RUNS AROUND HIS HOUSE IN A HELMET AND SHOULDER PADS?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Well, Tank will be happy.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 7m7 minutes ago
    Coldplay will be halftime act at Super Bowl 50 via @WSJ.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Well, Tank will be happy.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 7m7 minutes ago
    Coldplay will be halftime act at Super Bowl 50 via @WSJ.
    YES!!!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

somewhere, tank started beating off, and won't stop until the halftime of the superbowl

^ Its where all the scouts wear their name on the back of their track suit, but the players are anonymous.
    All games are straight to video.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Ballmer is a sweaty sonofabitch.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Ballmer is a sweaty sonofabitch.
    Best company meeting of all time: Company President at last evening event says he is out of clothes and doesn't want to pay for laundry. Declares Friday meetings Casual. Got a hero's welcome.

Lasted another 6 months.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arting-lineup/

Still rooting for this kid, but wonder if the coach is doing this because he thinks a message was sent OR if his job is on the line.

Browns have a tradition of starting the third string QB for the season finale against Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh always appreciates knowing they have a guaranteed bye, no matter where they end up in the playoffs.

This year Cleveland is on a trajectory to start the fourth string QB. Bringing back Manzier and having him get hurt in the next three weeks is all part of the plan to give Terrelle Pryor enough time to work his way into the starting lineup for the final scrimmage.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I watched the first half and Austin Davis did not look bad, despite having no running game and nobody to throw the ball to. But maybe that changed in the second half along with the point differential. Or is Davis just another Brian Hoyer, a decent QB who you give up on so that you can showcase your first-round bust?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I watched the first half and Austin Davis did not look bad, despite having no running game and nobody to throw the ball to. But maybe that changed in the second half along with the point differential. Or is Davis just another Brian Hoyer, a decent QB who you give up on so that you can showcase your first-round bust?
    I think Davis is Ty Detmer. He seems more functional on paper than in on the field. He is also someone the fans can get behind.

But I agree the Browns offense is currently not setup for anyone to succeed long term.

I think Davis is Ty Detmer. He seems more functional on paper than in on the field. He is also someone the fans can get behind.

But I agree the Browns offense is currently not setup for anyone to succeed long term.
    I thought Davis looked like something more than just a Detmer for a drive or two, but admittedly that was right before he threw that awful interception to Reggie Nelson. It is hard to fathom how a team can reach that level of mediocrity year after year after year with such perfect consistency. They seem to have a different cast of characters every year, with exactly the same result. And they manage to attract and cultivate it at all personnel levels, players, coaches and front office. They seem to suffer from not enough continuity and too much continuity at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    They seem to have a different cast of characters every year, with exactly the same result. And they manage to attract and cultivate it at all personnel levels, players, coaches and front office. They seem to suffer from not enough continuity and too much continuity at the same time.
    #thefutureisnow. Every year is a total reset from the previous year. This year will be no different. The GM and coach and QB will almost certainly be gone. If Manzier remains, you know the owner is continuing to meddle and nothing will ever be any different.

It's impossible to attract top tier GMs and Coaches when they know from everyone else who has passed through Clevelans that the owner will not allow autonomy.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    The #Rams announced they fired OC Frank Cignetti. Assistant head coach Rob Boras, who was second choice as OC, takes over.

Defensive background head coaches shouldn't struggle this much with offense. But some do. It should be the most attractive job to qualified OC candidates, but somehow they screw it up. Especially if they control personnel.

See also, Chuck Pagano and Mike Pettine.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    The #Rams announced they fired OC Frank Cignetti. Assistant head coach Rob Boras, who was second choice as OC, takes over.

Defensive background head coaches shouldn't struggle this much with offense. But some do. It should be the most attractive job to qualified OC candidates, but somehow they screw it up. Especially if they control personnel.

See also, Chuck Pagano and Mike Pettine.
    Pettine doesn't control personnel. But that's such a mess that Shanny left town because they forced him to play Manzier and other interferences during games, etc. Worse than Al Davis because: incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Pettine doesn't control personnel. But that's such a mess that Shanny left town because they forced him to play Manzier and other interferences during games, etc. Worse than Al Davis because: incompetence.
    Controlling personnel just exacerbates the situation. Being HC is enough to screw up an offense as a defensive background head coach (see also Rex Ryan).

This has never seemed more apt.

Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 32m32 minutes ago
    #Bears have placed TE Martellus Bennett on season-ending injured reserve with a rib injury & signed TE Rob Housler.

OUCH

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 29m29 minutes ago
    #Bears also signed QB Matt Blanchard, a familiar face, to practice squad and released QB Justin Worley from the PS.

If you were the Cowboys, wouldn't you want to have Blanchard?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    This has never seemed more apt.
    That never gets old.
    C.H.U.D.