Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NFL Notes 2015

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 32m32 minutes ago
    #Bears have placed TE Martellus Bennett on season-ending injured reserve with a rib injury & signed TE Rob Housler.

OUCH

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 29m29 minutes ago
    #Bears also signed QB Matt Blanchard, a familiar face, to practice squad and released QB Justin Worley from the PS.

If you were the Cowboys, wouldn't you want to have Blanchard?
    Shh, don't give them anything in the way of good advice, PB.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h1 hour ago
    Why can't Chip shake your hand? McCoy: "Listen man, Chip can't shake shit. At all. Nothing. He knows this. ...I can read between the lines."

Wesley Sumner @WesleyAprilS
    @TyDunne when you sell a man like a whore without so much as a phone call I think you owe him the respect of space afterwards.

PackerRats.com ‏@PackerRats 25s25 seconds ago
    @wesleyaprils @tydunne Finally they sent a poet.

#completely stolen
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Kent Somers @kentsomers
    Arians said from what he’s heard, FOX will protect Green Bay game on Dec. 27. Will stay at 2:25 and not be flexed. #AZCardinals
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Today I learned there were some geniuses in New York that killed someone in 1979 with a flying model lawnmower, during a Pats-Jets game, of course!

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/lawnmower.asp

Relevant because today is the 36th anniversary of the death.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Today I learned there were some geniuses in New York that killed someone in 1979 with a flying model lawnmower, during a Pats-Jets game, of course!

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/lawnmower.asp

Relevant because today is the 36th anniversary of the death.

I read about that a long time ago.

I don't recall the original because I was 17 and had a one track mind which put football for the first time and only time in my life on the periphery.

You can still buy plans for that kind of thing. Take a lawnmower engine and make your own hovercraft.

When I was a kid it was a tossup between that and rocket boots for my meager savings.

Consistency is not necessarily a good thing:

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 37m37 minutes ago
    #Bears practice squad WR Jalen Saunders finishes 4-game suspension, now gets a 10-game suspension. http://trib.in/1UczJcF

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Consistency is not necessarily a good thing:

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 37m37 minutes ago
    #Bears practice squad WR Jalen Saunders finishes 4-game suspension, now gets a 10-game suspension. http://trib.in/1UczJcF
    His NFL carreer is over. Hellloooo Jacksonville Sharks!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Speaking of Arena League teams, there's a team there, Portland Thunder that went 5-13 and made the playoffs.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Since I'm bored,

So about six weeks ago or so, could be longer as it was right before Vick got sent back to 3rd string, I'm listening to NFL Radio and the two hosts get into a literal argument. The first host called the second host Maurice several times. I assumed it was Maurice Jones Drew.

Anyway, "Maurice" literally insisted he'd rather have Michael Vick as his QB than all but maybe 5 current starting QBs. He said he'd start Vick before Cam Newton or Jameis Winston. It was funny as hell as the other host was literally at a loss for words at the utter idiocy of his argumets.

If that was Marice Jones Drew he took too many shots to the head. He wasn;t backing down one inch.

Yeah, I seem to recall he made some stupid statements when he was a player. I don't remember the topic of the hour, as it were.

Finally some clarity:

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 12m12 minutes ago
    Montee Ball on #Patriots practice squad but not in top shape. Told he weighed 205 when Broncos drafted, 240 for #Packers tryout, 230s now.

Fat Montee?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Fat Montee?

The full Montee.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Montee Ball on #Patriots practice squad but not in top shape. Told he weighed 205 when Broncos drafted, 240 for #Packers tryout, 230s now.
    He must have Davenported before arriving in NE.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Maybe he took a detour to Cleveland to let out his Davenport.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Since I'm bored,

So about six weeks ago or so, could be longer as it was right before Vick got sent back to 3rd string, I'm listening to NFL Radio and the two hosts get into a literal argument. The first host called the second host Maurice several times. I assumed it was Maurice Jones Drew.

Anyway, "Maurice" literally insisted he'd rather have Michael Vick as his QB than all but maybe 5 current starting QBs. He said he'd start Vick before Cam Newton or Jameis Winston. It was funny as hell as the other host was literally at a loss for words at the utter idiocy of his argumets.

If that was Marice Jones Drew he took too many shots to the head. He wasn;t backing down one inch.

Okay, since I'm bored, part two. And this one's for Wist, wherever he is.

I was listening to Detroit sports talk radio yesterday, and the topic was whom to hire as the next Lions' GM. One fan called in and suggested the Lions hire Dom Capers as their next GM. Not next head coach, which in itself would be pretty ridiculous if for no other reason than his age, but the GM.

That's some crazy shit right there.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Since I'm bored,

I don't see his future as being in coaching or scouting.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I don't see his future as being in coaching or scouting.
    If he ever is, I hope it's with the Vikings, Lions or Bears
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Okay, since I'm bored, part two. And this one's for Wist, wherever he is.

I was listening to Detroit sports talk radio yesterday, and the topic was whom to hire as the next Lions' GM. One fan called in and suggested the Lions hire Dom Capers as their next GM. Not next head coach, which in itself would be pretty ridiculous if for no other reason than his age, but the GM.

That's some crazy shit right there.
    They've had great success in the past with hiring defensive minds as GM. Don't mess with success!