Thread: Official NFL Notes 2015

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...eek-14/page/2#

NFL Week 15 Rookie Rankings: Surveying Rookie Class, Post-Week 14

By Ian Wharton , Featured Columnist .... Dec 16, 2015

Ranked by this author @ #14... Damarious Randall ... CB ... Packers

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...347340411.html

Packers cornerback Damarious Randall playing like a starter

By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel .... Nov. 12, 2015

If this article was previously posted on Packerrats...I apologize.

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-18-2015 at 10:09 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Randall goes head to head against Dez Bryant, does a very credible job, and moves down from #8 to #14?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Randall goes head to head against Dez Bryant, does a very credible job, and moves down from #8 to #14?
    Well, Bryant dropped 13 passes.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Well, Bryant dropped 13 passes.
    Randall obviously had him terrified, looking over his shoulder, wondering how he would be abused.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    List is stupid. There's no rhyme or reason to it. But that's Bleacher Report for you.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Randall obviously had him terrified, looking over his shoulder, wondering how he would be abused.
    Ankle biter!

D. Orlando Ledbetter @DOrlandoAJC
    #Falcons RB Tevin Coleman slipped in the shower and hit his head on Wednesday. He's in the concussion protocol.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 3m3 minutes ago
    The what now?

Clearly this is a coverup. But who is covering up what?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tweet of the Day

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3h3 hours ago
    While the NFC East burns, they’re talking about whether to rest starters for the playoffs in Washington http://wp.me/p14QSB-9WYW
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Don't pass this one up:

Chuck Woodson has two regrets, both plays were with the Packers.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...ng-reasons-nfl

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Don't pass this one up:

Interesting, I never would have identified Woodson as a guy who should feel personally responsible for the playoff loss to Arizona. But, as he described it, I can understand why he does.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Don't pass this one up:

Great article. Wood regrets not being an ankle-biter. LOL

It also says a lot about the NFL always giving the benefit of the doubt to the offense. Gotta keep the game interesting.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    It also says a lot about the NFL always giving the benefit of the doubt to the offense. Gotta keep the game interesting.
    Except if your name is James Jones and you are playing for the 2015 Green Bay Packers. Some of the OPI calls on him the last 5 or 6 games have been sketchy, at best.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Don't pass this one up:

those plays still steam me up. But I would bet dimes to dollars that had he grabbed, they would have flagged him. F-ers.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    those plays still steam me up. But I would bet dimes to dollars that had he grabbed, they would have flagged him. F-ers.
    There was a period there when you could count on Woody getting flagged 3 or 4 times a game for d-holding. F-ers.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

If we're talking about that game, the one that got me the most was a non-call - the helmet to helmet on Rodgers late in the game. Don't remember the details of just when, but pretty sure it was a 4th down play. It was blatant, and considering the NFL had said it was a point of emphasis, it should've resulted in a 15 yard penalty.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Great story about Fitzgerald.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    If we're talking about that game, the one that got me the most was a non-call - the helmet to helmet on Rodgers late in the game. Don't remember the details of just when, but pretty sure it was a 4th down play. It was blatant, and considering the NFL had said it was a point of emphasis, it should've resulted in a 15 yard penalty.
    Wasn't it on the Rodgers fumble that was returned for the winning TD?

Except if your name is James Jones and you are playing for the 2015 Green Bay Packers. Some of the OPI calls on him the last 5 or 6 games have been sketchy, at best.
    Not really, Jones is one of my favorite Packers. But this season especially he pushes off A LOT. Sure defensive players get away with a ton also, but Jones could be called more than he is imo.

Jones has a reputation as a big, strong player. He's been called a handful of times in 2015. One of them was blatant and should be called 100% of the time. All of the others ranged from "eh, yeah, technically that's OPI" to "utter horseshit" variety. But, he's built his own reputation so even if he doesn't push, if he has both hands on a DB and refs see full extension, they're going to be at least tempted to call it. Larry Fitzgerald gets away with that. Not James Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Not really, Jones is one of my favorite Packers. But this season especially he pushes off A LOT. Sure defensive players get away with a ton also, but Jones could be called more than he is imo.
    Except that several have been when both players were shoving, and Jones was simply the stronger. Good time for a no-call in my opinion. Another (the negated TD throw, as I recall) was simply a great acting job. The DB got caught sort of flat footed and off balance, so he reached out for Jones arm. Jones barely waved at the Db, and the DB fell to the ground with his arms and legs flailing. I thought I was watching soccer.