View Poll Results: Who will be primary outside WR in December?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Janis

3 13.04%
  • Cobb

1 4.35%
  • Montgomery

2 8.70%
  • Adams

17 73.91%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jordy Replacement

Jordy Replacement

What player will handle the largest load as outside receiver in the offense? The primary deep threat. I think Adams lacks the speed, he is more of a possession receiver. Cobb is small and best suited to slot. It is between Janis and Montgomery. Janis could earn his way to job, he has attributes, but I doubt anybody will predict it.

I know it will be a "group effort" to replace Jordy. Blah, blah, blah. But some wideout will be the most productive on medium/deep balls.
    Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 08-26-2015 at 01:47 PM.

I think it will be Adams. Cobb, Adams and Montgomery all have similar speed, but Adams' athleticism will make him the top threat. Janis is the fastest, but won't be on the field enough to be the top threat.

I went with Montgomery only because coaches are giving him snaps with #1s this week, so I suspect he has football speed. Otherwise Adams is the obvious guy to promote. It is a little unlikely that a rookie becomes go-to guy at WR, but maybe this is exception to rule. Janis will get time on the field - somebody will surely be hurt for some games. I think he is a dark horse, he may get promoted just for desperate need for his speed.

Charles Johnson. Oh wait, they fucked up and the Vikings got him for nothing.

If anything Cobb's production will be down this year as coverages roll towards him. Adams will be the big gainer. Janis should be with his combination of size and speed, but he doesn't run routes or catch the ball well enough.

Montgomery will have rookie pains, but might contribute at the level Adams did last year. Lacy and Starks should see big gains in attempts this year, if the line lives up to it's hype and doesn't turn out Campen-tastic to start the season again.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

You would think Charles Johnson was Jesus right now. Let it go.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

No love for White or Abbracadabra?

Adams, and I hope he doesn't fall down the same manhole that Boykin did in Year 2.

Monty will assist in the middle of the field and really might reduce the need for a TE to threaten the safeties.

Janis would be a deep threat, but not sure how reliable he is yet. White is fine, but there is nothing special there. That's not a knock though, because if being fine at your job is the worst you can say about your backup's backup, you might survive.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I think smart money is on Adams. He'll be a boundary receiver for Aaron Rodgers which comes with lots of deep outs and back shoulder throws which is great for setting up double moves a la Jordy. Also even though he's not that fast his best route is still probably the fade he ran all the time at Fresno. He's great against press coverage, makes a lot of space with his body, gets separation out of his cuts, tracks it well over his shoulder, and plays the ball high. That's all it takes if your QB does his part.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

It has to be Adams. Cobb said one of his goals was to become a more all around receiver, but there's no need to move him from his best position. He's the top slot WR in the league. Not to mention it's hardest for the defense to key in on him from the slot. Janis is still too raw and Montgomery is a rookie.
    Go PACK

To start the year, Adams. By year's end, hopefully, Janis. I'm going to stay positive.

Blog Entries
    Has to be Adams

I just want Janis to learn to run 3 routes well so he becomes better than Bill Schoreder
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Has to be Adams

I just want Janis to learn to run 3 routes well so he becomes better than Bill Schoreder
    Having a guy like Bill Schroeder as our 5th (and now 4th) WR would actually be damn good. I know people got frustrated with Schroeder, but the dude had nearly 3000 yards in 18 TDs over a three year span in an era that wasn't quite as prolific throwing the ball. If Janis ever had a three year stretch in his career in which he had 918, 999, and 1051 receiving yards, I'd take that in a heartbeat.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Jordy who?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    No love for White or Abbracadabra?
    White has the speed so he'll most likely be a backup. Lord knows what they'll do with Abby. They must be holding out hope because otherwise one would think he would have been cut after an injury settlement by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Lord knows what they'll do with Abby. They must be holding out hope because otherwise one would think he would have been cut after an injury settlement by now.
    No need to cut him yet, since they have open roster spots anyway. If he is medically cleared before final cutdown, they can release him at no cost. An injury settlement now would be more complicated, and likely involve at least some compromise for a few weeks of salary.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    It is going to be Kuhn.

I think we will see a lot more 3WR 2RB sets now that Jordy is done.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    It is going to be Kuhn.

Maybe not Kuhn but throwing to the RBs is not a bad idea.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Maybe not Kuhn but throwing to the RBs is not a bad idea.
    If Harris only had hands. He is nothing special but he knows how to read screen blocks and unlike Starks, seemed to know how to triangulate being open to the QB and be in a position to take advantage of the blocks.

Then again, maybe its Rodgers who is great at the retreat and timing of screen throws either. They have never run them like M1,2 or Andy Reid.
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-27-2015 at 09:09 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I hope RichRod is this generation's Bubba Franks and is excellent in the red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    It is going to be Kuhn.

There is no box big enough to contain your thinking. You are outside it, way out there.

Reportedly Neal has soft hands.