[QUOTE=run pMc;849921]GJ was done with 2 contracts before he went to MIN. Signing aging WRs who are also smaller isn't a good investment, although I like GJ and think he still could have produced. The Favre era proved to me that an elite QB can turn average WRs into above average WRs. If you go back and see some of the receivers that have passed through, there are some very good ones, and a lot of mediocre ones. The constant is the high level of QB play,

I agree that the Q.B. makes the receiver most of the time but sometimes a receiver like Megatron can make a Q.B. look a lot better with his YAC big plays and amazing catches. Look at how many crap passes Stafford has thrown that would have been picks or incompletions with an average or below average receiver. (Granted I realize Johnson is elite.) Moss was the same way for Culpepper. Just chuck the football up and let the big boys go get it. I remember reading one time where Ron Wolf said his biggest mistake was not consistently providing enough, "weapons" or good receivers for Favre.