Thread: The ones GB let get away

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    are jordy and cobb really top tier Wrs that deserve top end money, or are the like jennings and to a lesser extent jones who were top tier wr's when they were here (jennings) but when they left became JAGS?

i think if both were to go to other teams they would both fall off the map and end up as sub 1000 yard guys

especially cobb, because he is not a #1 WR

its nice to have the two (of course we don't have jordy right now and the offence is still clicking) but i can't help to think that some of the money wouldn't have been better spent on a tackle or two to keep our franchise QB from getting destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    its nice to have the two (of course we don't have jordy right now and the offence is still clicking) but i can't help to think that some of the money wouldn't have been better spent on a tackle or two to keep our franchise QB from getting destroyed
    OT is one of the most overpaid positions in football. While tackles do have considerable importance...I do not see where their importance is 30-40% greater than interior lineman, which is what salary levels suggest. I would certainly agree there is a SLIGHT edge in importance, but 30-40% is significantly larger than that.

When QBs took more snaps from under center, tackles were more important to hold the edge while QBs dropped back into passing position. However, today's NFL sees QBs throwing from the shotgun about 6 times more than they did even a decade ago. That means the tackles are LESS important in pass protection than they used to be. I think Green Bay is wiser to not spend top dollar on OTs and load up on athletic weapons on offense and defense.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!