Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The ones GB let get away

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Bridgewater is not a good QB.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Bridgewater will need maybe one more year. His ceiling is Drew Brees, which is not bad. No clue if he will pan out. But, the alternative at the time was Manziel, so you have that going for you... supid Browns...

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Bridgewater will need maybe one more year. His ceiling is Drew Brees, which is not bad.
    Not bad!? Drew Brees had elite career.

I'd say Bridgewater's ceiling is closer to Matt Stafford. And I predict his career will be closer to Seneca Wallace than Drew Breeze.

It was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. If you look at Brees in his first few seasons (with SD) you can see why my comparison is valid. I'd say that's a fair estimate of Teddy's ceiling. Not that he's certain to reach it, by any means.

"Rodgers' ceiling is Steve Young 2.0" which is not bad.

I think Bridgewater's ceiling is closer to Donovan McNabb or Matt Ryan than Drew Brees, but maybe I'm overvaluing Brees' play from his heyday, which was elite IMO. Bridgewater seems to float the ball sometimes, has had accuracy issues with long throws and (understadably) still makes dumb rookie decisions at times.

Ponder had his share of good games, and he had games where you were shaking your head. Not sure if he just needed more time/coaching, or if he was destined to be a clipboard holder.

Never understood the Manziel love, but Cleveland hasn't exactly been great at picking QB's (Couch, Weeden, etc.). Weeden was the worst pick -- 28 year olds aren't going to develop much.

As for ones GB let get away, how's Myles White doing? Is Paris Lenon still in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    As for ones GB let get away, how's Myles White doing? Is Paris Lenon still in the league?
    Paris Lenon had an interesting career. At 37, he is now retired, after playing 189 NFL games, 125 after leaving GB and 112 of those as a starter. He last played in 2013 for Denver, starting all playoff games, including the Super Bowl. Very nice 12 year career. Nothing impressive about his career, except that he always found work as a starter.

After 7 weeks and 6 games:

Charles Johnson - 4 games, 3 starts, 7 receptions, 67 yards, 0 TDs (Active, did not start.)
    Greg Jennings - 6 games, 4 starts, 10 receptions, 104 yards, 0 TDs (Did not start)

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    After 7 weeks and 6 games:

Charles Johnson - 4 games, 3 starts, 7 receptions, 67 yards, 0 TDs (Active, did not start.)
    Greg Jennings - 6 games, 4 starts, 10 receptions, 104 yards, 0 TDs (Did not start)

Charles didn't start today.

Rookie Stephon Diggs - 3 games, 2 starts, 19 receptions, 324 yards, 1 TD

Blog Entries
    Myles White had a huge game on ST for the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Myles White had a huge game on ST for the Giants.
    In what way? I didn't see the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    In what way? I didn't see the game.
    Fumbled punt recovery is what I saw. Good hands fielded a bouncing ball cleanly.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

just to close out the final stats:

Charles Johnson - 11 games, 4 starts, 9 receptions, 127 yards, 0 TDs
    Greg Jennings - 16 games, 5 starts, 19 receptions, 208 yards, 1 TD

What happened with Charles Johnson? Was he injured or was he just not all that? Did the attitude problems that were rumored cause a problem?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

If you have a QB who is at least decent or better, you want to hang onto them...unless you have someone better waiting in the wings.
    Drafting/developing/keeping a player is dependent upon the position, the depth, and the amount of money. No way was GB keeping Davon House for what he got paid.

Johnson did get hurt earlier this year but was also surpassed. His production might have been down regardless of health with their new guy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.