Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More Banjo: Week3 vs. Chiefs

Quarless is having a really tough year. An arrest, an infant death, and now an injury.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    perfect technique. shoulder-chest.

Oh yeah.

Form tackle, through and through.

That shit gets the sideline hollerin'.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    @ByRyanWood: Was James Jones good signing? #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers has completed 12-14 passes thrown to him for 219 yards, 4 TDs, PERFECT 158.3 rating.

@ByRyanWood: #Packers WR James Jones is the only receiver in NFL with double-digit targets and a perfect QB rating on those targets.

What an incredibly fortunate pickup J.J. has been so far. Dude has been money and I love his attitude and professionalism.
    When he left, he did so in the same manner, classy and professional. I really like how he comports himself.

@PackersNotes 2h2 hours ago

Aaron Rodgers named NFC Offensive player of the week.

I wonder how PFF can explain this? Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    @PackersNotes 2h2 hours ago

Aaron Rodgers named NFC Offensive player of the week.

I wonder how PFF can explain this? Lol...
    McGinn split the difference and gave him 4 out of 5 footballs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    McGinn split the difference and gave him 4 out of 5 footballs.
    The Russian judge must have also given him a pretty good score PB!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Maybe a good rule change would be for the defender to shout a strong warning before the hit.
    Nah, way too complicated. Did he shout the correct warning? Did he shout it loud enough? Was the shout timely? If there are two defenders in the area, do they have to shout directional information as part of the warning? ("I'm going to crush you from your left side!") What if two defenders from different locations both shout warnings? Wouldn't that be confusing to the poor, poor wide receiver?

Much simpler to just eliminate tackling of receivers all together. DBs can play the ball, but not touch the receiver. In fairness, you could eliminate y.a.c. and give the offense the ball at the point of the reception; although the NFL might like every completed pass leading to a TD, with defenders limited to only trying to punch out the ball.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Nah, way too complicated. Did he shout the correct warning? Did he shout it loud enough? Was the shout timely? If there are two defenders in the area, do they have to shout directional information as part of the warning? ("I'm going to crush you from your left side!") What if two defenders from different locations both shout warnings? Wouldn't that be confusing to the poor, poor wide receiver?

Much simpler to just eliminate tackling of receivers all together. DBs can play the ball, but not touch the receiver. In fairness, you could eliminate y.a.c. and give the offense the ball at the point of the reception; although the NFL might like every completed pass leading to a TD, with defenders limited to only trying to punch out the ball.
    We are moving towards electronic touch football. I figure the closer it gets to that, the less interest there will be and the game will die. The push will come from the high schools, where hysterical helicopter moms are steering kids away from football (never mind that plenty of other sports have their attendant injuries, concussions, etc.). At some point, the well is going to go dry, but these things take time.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I love football. I loved playing organized football. I love a good pick up game of football. When the time comes, I will allow my son to play football, but one concussion ano I won't let him play again.

You just need proximity indicators that start to really squeal in a high pitch when something is approaching at full running speed.

And adopt some more rugby tackling techniques rather than rules about where to hit.

The you need to create space on the LOS both horizontally and vertically (away from the ball).

But Roger will keep pushing them to implement rules to prevent hits that the public thinks look scary. Colleges will figure it out first.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.