Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: San Francisco 49ers Week: That's The Focus

First injury report of week:

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Not bad. No setback for Lacy or Cobb. Datone Jones has all his marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    This week my focus is on keeping my head low and my mouth shut, and then crowing like Peter Pan when the Niners lose.

I hate sports fans here whenever this game is near. They go on and on and on about how great their team is without regard to who they're playing. I just reminded them a couple years back to revisit this debate in five years to see who sustained and who flopped. Took them two years to implode and the Packers are still strong.

I love being a Packers fan.
    We have heard it time and time again.

"The (Fill in the blank) get it, TT does not."
    "The Packers need to be more like (Fill in the blank) ."

In recent memory, you could fill the blanks with: Eagles, Falcons, Saints, 49ers, Seahawks and maybe Eagles again. Even the Lions and Bears seemed about to get there. In truth, many teams have found ways to be relevant a few years, but most crash hard and burn after only a few years. The Packers, Patriots and Steelers, maybe a couple more, have found ways that work for them to be relevant year after year after year.

I.m not sure yet which group the Seahawks will be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I.m not sure yet which group the Seahawks will be in.
    A run first team that had GREAT success traded an all pro center and a 1st for a TE that can't run block. I have made my mind up...even more so after watching Raji dominate their new center.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bostick they say, as Ted laughs.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 21s21 seconds ago
    The Packers have signed TE Blake Annen to the practice squad and moved LB James Vaughters to the practice squad injured list.
    I had no idea there was a practice squad injured list.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    A run first team that had GREAT success traded an all pro center and a 1st for a TE that can't run block. I have made my mind up...even more so after watching Raji dominate their new center.
    The TE isn't giving them as much as they wanted either: 14 catches for 145 yards and 2 TDs so far
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I had no idea there was a practice squad injured list.
    The league is just trying to keep up with the Packers.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

This week my focus is on keeping my head low and my mouth shut, and then crowing like Peter Pan when the Niners lose.

I hate sports fans here whenever this game is near. They go on and on and on about how great their team is without regard to who they're playing. I just reminded them a couple years back to revisit this debate in five years to see who sustained and who flopped. Took them two years to implode and the Packers are still strong.

I love being a Packers fan.
    You going to the game, Smidge?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Ya, I was thinking that too, and Wilson is looking like a good QB, but not really a QB who will carry the team to victories game after game.

Ya, I was thinking that too, and Wilson is looking like a good QB, but not really a QB who will carry the team to victories game after game.
    He's got a heavy, heavy offense to carry. But the defense is still good enough to throttle most teams, especially with Chancellor back.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
    One thing I forgot to put in the Guion story: Opponents averaging 0.75 yards less per carry with Pennel on field than when on sideline.

Guion story: http://t.co/QLnmLcWYL9
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Hard to know what to make of them. Since beating the Vikings handily, they've been outscored 90-25. Running the football is the one thing they've done really well. They'll try to control the clock to try to keep the ball out of Rodgers' hands.

Packers are favored by 9.
    Nine????

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    9 is too much. Packers never blow anyone out on the road. They haven't beaten SF in, what, five years? First they need to get the Kaepernick monkey off their back, then we can talk about blowouts.
    9 is too much but this team ain't anything like those teams that beat us in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Nine????
    Did I catch a niner in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Blake Annen is the Jeff Janis of TE prospects.
    So if you could make one player out of them, he'd be Jake Anis.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    You going to the game, Smidge?
    We had an opportunity for tickets, a season holder selling them, but he jacked up the price considerably because I was a Green Bay fan, and I don't exactly fancy getting beat up for liking a sports team other than the local one. Niners fans are now worse than Raider fans.

The other option would be to dress in red and cheer quietly for Green Bay in my head, but that would be a betrayal. So we passed on the tickets, and he sold them to Niner fans.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 24m24 minutes ago
    New at #Packers Insiders Blog: Adams, Burnett sit out Thursday http://pck.rs/1FIHnZM

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 59m59 minutes ago
    Davante Adams, Demetri Goodson, Morgan Burnett, Jake Ryan and Bryan Bulaga still out #Packers

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h1 hour ago
    Eddie Lacy and Randall Cobb continue to practice. Full participants yesterday
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-01-2015 at 01:24 PM.

What happened to Vaughters?
    Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
    MM said a biceps injury is what caused James Vaughters to become first Packer to land on practice-squad injured since Diondre Borel in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
    MM said a biceps injury is what caused James Vaughters to become first Packer to land on practice-squad injured since Diondre Borel in 2012
    They should have practice squad injured designated to practice latered him

We had an opportunity for tickets, a season holder selling them, but he jacked up the price considerably because I was a Green Bay fan, and I don't exactly fancy getting beat up for liking a sports team other than the local one. Niners fans are now worse than Raider fans.

The other option would be to dress in red and cheer quietly for Green Bay in my head, but that would be a betrayal. So we passed on the tickets, and he sold them to Niner fans.
    Yeah, I wanted to take my son, but the thought of getting murdered in front of my 8 year old turned me off.