Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TE problem

TE problem

Quarless may be out 4-6 weeks with mcl sprain.
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/329993861.html

I don't think Kuhn or Backman can replace his skill set. Backman isn't ready.

What about letting Q sit for 8 weeks (IR designated to return) so they can find a replacement (can Perillo block?) without dropping another player from roster.

Quarless sucks. We'll be fine.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

No way do they waste the IR-DR option (they only get one) on such a replaceable guy. If pro football had a WAR (wins against replacement) statistic, Quarless's would be zero. In other words, he IS the hypothetical replacement that you measure player values against.

A better alternative would be to start working Perillo in as occasional second TE, and use a sixth OL (Walker) on short yardage plays.

our TE problem is that we went into the season without any decent TE's

i say look outside the box, because the answer to our problem isn't currently on the team or practice squad

and i agree, don't waste the IR-designated to return thing on a waste of a roster spot like Q. i believe the play he was injured on was the first time he was even targeted this year

IR - Quarless
    IR /Designate to return - Adams
    IR - Goodson

Room for Giuon
    Bring up Perillo and Abracadbra

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

i say look outside the box, because the answer to our problem isn't currently on the team or practice squad
    I agree with this...but both you and I know that ain't TT and MM style. Plus, they'd have to trade for a decent TE. Again, we know how that works with TT.

Blog Entries
    they all suck; losing Q doesn't hurt much....just one less marginal player
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Did Rodgers fuck up or did Clements want to see Q in the mix?

Noticed Dickrod the legend saw a lot of pine time for a good bit there.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    BRING BLACK BOSTICK!!!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Quarless may be out 4-6 weeks with mcl sprain.
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/329993861.html

I don't think Kuhn or Backman can replace his skill set. Backman isn't ready.

What about letting Q sit for 8 weeks (IR designated to return) so they can find a replacement (can Perillo block?) without dropping another player from roster.
    How do you know Backman isn't ready? He's probably as ready as Q was in 2010 when he had to play as a rookie when Finley got hurt. This isn't an offense that relies heavily on TE production. Before last night, Q hadn't been targeted on a pass play. Now losing him is some huge problem?

Two targets, two catches, 14 yards.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/kansas-c...s-20150928009/

Q is a solid #2 TE, that's it. He's not awful, but he's not elite and can be replaced for a couple of weeks if R.Rodgers stays healthy and Backman doesn't shit the bed. They're more likely to bring up Perillo than sign a street free agent -- Jermichael Finley isn't walking through the door, and they sure aren't trading for Martellus Bennett (fire sale!) or Jimmy Graham.

The trouble with bringing up Perillo is they have to release someone else from the roster..I think unless there's a bad injury somewhere else they go with 2 TEs and do some things with Kuhn/Rip.
    Maybe they play Peppers at TE? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    How do you know Backman isn't ready?
    He reportedly can't block at all. Maybe Backman is ready for some spot duty.

This isn't an offense that relies heavily on TE production. Before last night, Q hadn't been targeted on a pass play. Now losing him is some huge problem?
    The issue is not TE production. The point is finding a body that can both block and catch a little. Nobody suggested it is a huge problem, you are rolling your eyes at a straw man.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    No way do they waste the IR-DR option (they only get one) on such a replaceable guy.
    I thought about that. It really doesn't matter how valuable the player is that you use the IR-DR on. It is 100% about maximizing # of roster spots. All that matters is that the player deserves a roster spot, and Q meets that threshold. If Clay Matthews gets hurt, there is no particular advantage to IR-DR rather than having him on inactive list.

The valid reason to not IR-DR Q is that he may only be out for 4 weeks. You really want to get the full 8-week roster bonus out of deal. Parking a healthy guy on IR-DR is a waste.

I like the IR-DR for Q because he is not a premium player. 8 weeks of a replacement guy might be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    IR - Quarless
    IR /Designate to return - Adams
    IR - Goodson

Room for Giuon
    Bring up Perillo and Abracadbra

Sounds OK. Only problem is you lose Adams for 8 weeks. He;s a pretty good player to ice that long if he is healthy in 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    BRING BLACK BOSTICK!!!
    He is available.
    C.H.U.D.

Fuggit, bring the kid back. I believe in redemption and second chances.

I'll bet my left nut he doesn't pull the same stoopit shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Fuggit, bring the kid back. I believe in redemption and second chances.

I'll bet my left nut he doesn't pull the same stoopit shit again.
    And this time he might really REALLY live up to his potential. Really.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Glad you found us again Swede. Not gonna happen with Bostick though. Couldn't think fast enough to keep up with no huddle offense. Too bad. He had Fuckdoggle written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Glad you found us again Swede. Not gonna happen with Bostick though. Couldn't think fast enough to keep up with no huddle offense. Too bad. He had Fuckdoggle written all over him.
    I realize now I may have used one too many "really's" in my quest to replicate the multi-year experiment in optimism that was Bostick.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Not gonna happen with Bostick though. Couldn't think fast enough to keep up with no huddle offense.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...330029891.html
    I saw a quote about Backman today that was a bit of a damning-with-faint-praise chuckle:
    "(Backman) has done a nice job," tight ends coach Jerry Fontenot said last week. "He still needs to get a better, clearer understanding of schemes and things. But he does study and he's able to retain some information.
    Actually the rest of statement was positive, I just found that line unfortunate.

Was listening to Mike Heller's radio show, he thought Q was headed to IR-DR.

I don't think the IR-DR option is a resource that you want to keep in your back pocket for later. On contrary, I think you want to use it on first player where it is a good fit. The IR-DR is a double-edged sword, you don't particularly want to park a great player there.