Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: TE problem

Did they actually say Monty was day-to-day? Anyone viewing the injury would know better. I thought he was done for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Did they actually say Monty was day-to-day? Anyone viewing the injury would know better. I thought he was done for the year.
    Yup, a few days after the injury they said it wasn't bad, and he would be back soon.

Isn't he the one who practiced a couple days last week, then had to drop out?

Yup that was him. Looked ready to play, then had a "setback"

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Unfortunately, if you look at the draft prospects, there is nobody to get super excited about. Of course this is the Packers. They tend to find guys that are not on everyone's radar. Richard Rodgers, Andrew Quarless, Justin Perillo, Kennard Backman...no quite enough. Anyone from the link below that excites you?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2016/TE
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Monty definitely has a setback, he dropped out of a practice last week the day after having his first full workout.

I think Quarless has practiced but is not now. So my guess is that he too has had a setback.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think Quarless has practiced but is not now. So my guess is that he too has had a setback.
    I don't think he ever did practice. Has just been doing work on the side.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I'll be surprised if Monty comes back in a game this season at this point.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I'll be surprised if Monty comes back in a game this season at this point.
    If Monty and Quarless are not ready to play, let's move on and bring up a practice squad player or sign someone from another team's practice squad.

i believe jarrett boykins is still unemployed

There is a method to my mad speculations. From old reports, Quarless was eligible for the Bears game, but then his hearing (trial?) was scheduled for just a few days later. That lead me to wonder if the Packers don't want to try to integrate the rusty Q back into the offense until they know for sure he'll really be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    There is a method to my mad speculations. From old reports, Quarless was eligible for the Bears game, but then his hearing (trial?) was scheduled for just a few days later. That lead me to wonder if the Packers don't want to try to integrate the rusty Q back into the offense until they know for sure he'll really be available.
    They can start the clock on him practicing in a three week window at any point. Until the 3 weeks is up, the roster spot is extra.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

They can start the clock on him practicing in a three week window at any point. Until the 3 weeks is up, the roster spot is extra.
    I see. That explains why it is painless for TT to delay Quarless's activation but we still don't know why they don't play him now. Could be the obvious - he's still hurt; could be they are concerned about whether he'll be suspended; maybe TT is even considering keeping Perrillo ahead of him.

Tryptophan poisoning explains this post
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-26-2015 at 05:56 PM.

nm