Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: TE problem

It's telling that a stumblebum like DickRod played 95% of the offensive snaps Sunday night.

The result of so much field time? Two catches, 16 yards, horrible blocking.

TE problem in GB indeed.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    When did this version of the O Line become so terrible at run blocking? Remember with Bach and Barclay they clobbered people with Lacy and Starks?
    When Denver started playing 11 men in the box.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    It's telling that a stumblebum like DickRod played 95% of the offensive snaps Sunday night.

The result of so much field time? Two catches, 16 yards, horrible blocking.

TE problem in GB indeed.
    This was odd to me. They lined him up at the traditional TE spot, out wide, and in the backfield. He was largely ineffective at all positions. The question is, who do they put in that is better? Nobody stands out. They seem to short one starter at the moment.

That being said, I have to imagine that Abby would have been better at getting open and Janis would have brought something different as well. Not saying either should have got the 95% in RR's place, but how about just mixing it up some? They seemed more static in their personnel groupings than in the past.

Is Quarless in a prison somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Is Quarless in a prison somewhere?
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/353194541.html

Tight end Andrew Quarless is eligible to play this week after being placed on injured reserve/designated to return, though it appears unlikely he will feature against the Bears.

Quarless was eligible to practice after six weeks on IR/designated to return but has not taken the field. He typically does rehab work and goes through light drills off to the side.

The fact that he is not playing suggests to me his legal situation is far from clear. Which is to say murky.

quarless, the answer to none of our TE problems

yet still brings more problems to the table

I'm anxious to see what he can do; No denying that he can run routes better than the Rod. I just wonder what is going on.

Perrillo is OK, but when he was not even able to garner support for a fuckdoggle award despite 5 catches and a critical TD, I sorta lost confidence in him.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I want Abracadabra and the Fatman!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I am pretty sure I watched Jared and the Fatman during my youth.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I want Abracadabra and the Fatman!

Jake and The Fatman? William Conrad and Joe Penne?
    "What's one more torpedo in a sinking ship?"
    Lynn Dickey, 1984

"Never apologize, mister. It's a sign of weakness."
    John Wayne, "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon"

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am pretty sure I watched Jared and the Fatman during my youth.
    Jared watched to the youth. 15 years worth.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Jared watched to the youth. 15 years worth.
    and he was once fat

The fact that he is not playing suggests to me his legal situation is far from clear. Which is to say murky.
    Or perhaps we didn't activate him because of this is a short week and he'll be back for the Detroit game next week?

It suggests to me that the medical staff has not cleared him. Just because he is eligible to practice or play doesn't mean he is physically ready.

Maybe it's that simple. But it was estimated to be a 4-week injury, and 8 weeks have passed.

Maybe it's that simple. But it was estimated to be a 4-week injury, and 8 weeks have passed.
    sooo, he's right on schedule then to play in a few weeks with our medical stuff

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    sooo, he's right on schedule then to play in a few weeks with our medical stuff
    Reggie White is gone, but don't underestimate the healing powers of the staff.

I think Montgomery was originally said to be day-to-day, and he is going on 6 weeks now. That's why I wasn't really kidding in another thread when I said Abbrederis' (or is it Abbrederis's?) prognosis of "several weeks" would morph into season ending.