Thread: TE problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuggit, bring the kid back. I believe in redemption and second chances.

I'll bet my left nut he doesn't pull the same stoopit shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Fuggit, bring the kid back. I believe in redemption and second chances.

I'll bet my left nut he doesn't pull the same stoopit shit again.
    And this time he might really REALLY live up to his potential. Really.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Glad you found us again Swede. Not gonna happen with Bostick though. Couldn't think fast enough to keep up with no huddle offense. Too bad. He had Fuckdoggle written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Glad you found us again Swede. Not gonna happen with Bostick though. Couldn't think fast enough to keep up with no huddle offense. Too bad. He had Fuckdoggle written all over him.
    I realize now I may have used one too many "really's" in my quest to replicate the multi-year experiment in optimism that was Bostick.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Not gonna happen with Bostick though. Couldn't think fast enough to keep up with no huddle offense.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...330029891.html
    I saw a quote about Backman today that was a bit of a damning-with-faint-praise chuckle:
    "(Backman) has done a nice job," tight ends coach Jerry Fontenot said last week. "He still needs to get a better, clearer understanding of schemes and things. But he does study and he's able to retain some information.
    Actually the rest of statement was positive, I just found that line unfortunate.

Was listening to Mike Heller's radio show, he thought Q was headed to IR-DR.

I don't think the IR-DR option is a resource that you want to keep in your back pocket for later. On contrary, I think you want to use it on first player where it is a good fit. The IR-DR is a double-edged sword, you don't particularly want to park a great player there.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    [url]
    I saw a quote about Backman today that was a bit of a damning-with-faint-praise chuckle:
    That's called damning with Hawk praise on the Packers.

Bostick had Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson give up on him. That's not easy to come back from. I'm not saying they don't make mistakes, but they had at least two (three?) years to watch the kid not develop. He doesn't come back unless something else happens.

I don't agree that RichRod is less than decent at TE. He's picked up his blocking and Rodgers clearly trusts him. He does need to take making yourself open classes from Jones though.

McCarthy downplayed Q's prognosis, speaking only about this week. But I am doubt they add Guion and a TE this week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.